Iconiq Studios / El1ev1en / Kai Studio: American Psycho: Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bloody sculpt looks great. Hope they put up preorders soon. Interested in seeing what they offer.

Paint on the headphones sculpt looks more like McFarlane or NECA than standard 1/6 scale releases. Could just be the picture though. Sculpt is great.

Looks like the same quality you would get from Hot Toys and their 1/6 headphones.

s-l1600.jpg

That bloody sculpt looks great. Hope they put up preorders soon. Interested in seeing what they offer.

Looks like the same quality you would get from Hot Toys and their 1/6 headphones.

s-l1600.jpg

No , sorry I wasn?t talking about the sculpt on the headphones themselves, I was using the term headphones sculpt to describe the sculpt that was wearing the headphones.

The clothing set will be key with this. His suits, and the one I had from Iminime, was spectacular. Awesome tailoring!

No , sorry I wasn?t talking about the sculpt on the headphones themselves, I was using the term headphones sculpt to describe the sculpt that was wearing the headphones.

I kind of see what you mean; the sculpt has very fine detail but the paint job gives it off that thick NECA paint vibe.

It does look a bit thick, but I’m getting this regardless. It’s probably going to be the only licensed AP figure we’ll get for the foreseeable future, so I might as well bite the bullet. I am anxious about the Pre-Order, I have to say.

Finally. This was supposed to go up for PO back in February. Well, better late than never.
It was a combo of getting it right so we were 100% happy with everything in hand rather than just pictures, (the slightest alteration added to his journey), and also shipping back and forth is a little crazy right now. But he is here and ready to go on the 26th.

It was a combo of getting it right so we were 100% happy with everything in hand rather than just pictures, (the slightest alteration added to his journey), and also shipping back and forth is a little crazy right now. But he is here and ready to go on the 26th.

Wow, ready to go as in ready to ship?

Really excited that this is finally coming all together. Will this be up for preorder from the usual places? Sideshow, BBTS, etc

Good to hear. I have no problem with waiting, I was just starting to get scared that it was cancelled or something due to a lack of updates. But I'm really hyped for this one.

American-Psycho_PO_001.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_002.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_003.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_004.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_005.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_006.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_008.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_009.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_010.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_012.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_013.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_014.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_015.jpgAmerican-Psycho_PO_016.jpg

American Psycho – 1/6 Scale Patrick Bateman Collectible Figure​

“I have all the characteristics of a human being: flesh, blood, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don’t know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.”

Iconiq Studios are proud to present the highly-detailed 1/6 scale Patrick Bateman from the cult classic American Psycho, featuring two meticulously crafted head sculpts capturing the intensity of the movie. With that hair, he could be mistaken for Marcus Halberstram, they even go to the same barber, but Bateman has a slightly better haircut. It also includes a wonderful specially-tailored suit. Don’t tell me, let me guess… Italian couture? It looks so soft. And look at those accessories, the briefcase, the cassette player, the axe, the sheer variety of them. Look at that subtle paintwork, the tasteful sculpting of it all. Oh my god, it even has a blood-impact effect.

See that business card? There are 2, one for Bateman in 1/6, and one for you. That coloring? That’s bone. And the lettering is something called Silian Rail.

Is that a raincoat? Yes Allen, it is!

IQSS-01 – 1/6th scale Patrick Bateman includes:

• Two (2) authentic and detailed head sculpts that capture the likeness of Patrick Bateman
  • One (1) straight-faced ‘mask of sanity’ sculpt
  • One (1) blood soaked and screaming ‘uncontrolled madness’ sculpt
  • Approximately 30cm tall
  • A fully articulated 1:6 scale body with over 34 points of articulation
Clothing:

• Specially tailored suit
  • Overcoat (wired)
  • Raincoat / Plastic mac (magnetized fastening)
Hands:

• Four (4) pairs of interchangeable hands, including:
  • One (1) pair of fists
  • One (1) pair of relaxed hands
  • One (1) pair of gripping hands for holding various accessories
  • One (1) pair of trigger hands for holding the nailgun
Accessories:

• Blood-soaked figure base
  • One (1) 1:6 Business Card
  • One (1) 1:1 Business Card
  • One (1) Axe
  • One (1) Axe Blood-Impact Effect
  • One (1) Briefcase
  • One (1) Knife
  • One (1) Phone
  • One (1) Nail Gun
  • One (1) Cassette Player and Headphones
Does not include:

• A reservation at Dorsia
Release date Q1-Q2 2022

CREDITS

Sculpt: JungHyuk Im
3D artist: Leon Enriquez
Paint: Kai Studio
Design: Andrew Aitcheson / Eleven
Production: Eleven
Packaging Design: Hugo Dourado
Promotion Materials: Hugo Dourado, Makistony Carvalho, Kevin Clarkson, Dean Gladwell, Luke Melia

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different**
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice**
**Product release dates subject to change**
**American psycho, and related characters and elements, are the copyright of Pressman films.**

I’m trying to separate the fact we have seen years of custom work that at a very high end and for a mass figure it’s… it’s definitely got potential for its own right as a mass market figure but looks a bit like a threezero quality effort (one of their better efforts) for a higher than hot toys price. So I’ll say what I say about most of their efforts the bones are there, the execution is what’s going to be hard especially with suited characters but like I said there’s a standard here I’m seeing and I respect it… Keeping that in mind there is a lot more than a threezero type release hence the higher price like a second portrait and the accessories. I wish the company luck, I know it’s hard to do a first effort right out of the gate and knock it out of the park and I see the effort put forth here, the accessories are nice and I always liked Kai and think he’s done a nice job here, I’d have liked to see another painter go at this though I think it would have brought a lot more realism to the portrait. I am always up for more obscure licenses being picked up but this one will be tough to judge until the final product is shown in hand.

if I was to offer one part of harsh criticism is they have to fix that neck situation. It just screams cheap toy. Please give both heads full necks. That would bring the whole thing up about 4 levels.

Last edited:
Sculpt looks great. The screaming head.... outstanding sculpt. I'll def buy.

The paint on the face leaves a little to be desired but still looks good. Maybe it's just the lighting in the photos. Either way, it's an official Patrick Bateman and that excites the hell out of me. All I have of him is the 18 inch Neca figure.

Back