I would like to see a Hot Toys 1/6 Daredevil from Netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was watching this show with my Fiancé, I turned to her and said... if they make a Daredevil figure... You know I'm getting it, right?" She nodded in the affirmative.

Re: Gee, I sure would like to see a Hot Toys 1/6 Dardevil from Netflix

Tbh, I much prefer these new grittier 'real world' outfits, to spandex.. which looks great in the comics, but is difficult to translate into a believable on-screen costume.. that said, I thought the first Spiderman costume just about convinced.. but it's a really tough ask for the costume department.. so I think Netflix are making a sensible choice.

That is bs. This "real world" costume looks like crap in comparison to the comics.

TBH I don't see the point, Hot Toys arent going to listen, you'd have better luck starting an interest thread in the customs section, theres already a Matt Murdoch one.

It's funny that in one fell swoop DD now has the most screen time out of all superheroes in the MCU, including Iron Man.

And if there's one certainty in life it's that HT LOVES the MCU. If DD appears in Civil War or Infinity War (which seems HIGHLY likely) then I'd say that a HT figure is all but guaranteed.

Obviously Hot Toys has the rights to the movies, but do they actually have the rights for the television shows?

The big difference here is that it's a Marvel hero. Sure there are people they didn't make, and some who scratched their head at Coulson being done but I see HT milking Civil War for all it's worth. Spider-Man is supposed to make a cameo in it as well, do you guys REALLY think that HT won't make one of him? Even if he is on screen for five seconds? Daredevil isn't Maria Hill or Betty Ross, HT will milk every Marvel hero they can just because they can. Daredevil will get made from Civil War, so will Spider-Man, so will Black Panther, Dr. Strange and anyone else who walks on screen from Marvel comic that is an actual costumed superhero.

What about Ant-Man? Doesn't seem to be any sign that he is coming.

Didn't Hot Toys actually have a Ant-Man logo tease? I am pretty sure i remember that.

You're right.

Hot-Toys-2015-Catalog-Ant-Man-License-Announcement-150x150.jpg

Quite a few Marvel comic heroes that HT hasn't visited at all: Elektra, Fantastic Four, Punisher, Xmen (minus Logan), Sif, Warriors Three, Heimdall, Daredevil and probably more I'm missing. Though I agree that HT will milk the Avengers heroes specifically there's no guarantees. If DD is on screen for five seconds I wouldn't expect to see HT visit him. HT skipped Thor 1 Loki, food for thought.

Sure if you go through the entire Marvel Film U you can find tons of figures they haven't done. We're not talking about misses, I mean are people dying for a Jessica Alba Sue or Jennifer Garner Elektra? HT skipped Loki because there was no indication that he'd be popular back then, now they won't miss an opportunity to make one. Popularity sells. Daredevil is popular now, I haven't seen this much positive buzz since the first Iron Man. HT is interested in what is going to sell, if his popularity is strong then they'll make one whether he is there for five seconds or not. If/when Spider-Man is in Civil War if it's for 4 seconds, they'll be a figure probably headlining. Buzz is buzz.

What about Ant-Man? Doesn't seem to be any sign that he is coming.

He'll be here, how in depth will depend on the film but I would imagine that he and Yellowjacket are probably pretty much locks, they're right up the Iron Man alley. The only way they won't come is if the film bombs.

The people who keep bitching about the costume need to realize that this is more or less what we got and it's a pretty good representation of it. I'm sure he'll get the full red suit eventually.

DDarmored.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back