I GOT MY Tatooine Han

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Greedo Killer pistol for me IS a must have. Its a thing only seen in one scene that hasn't be mass replicated at all. Many customizers don't consider their Han collections complete without it....now if the exclusive had been the Stormtrooper Blaster because there was no belt to go with it I would have gone elsewhere....just a little insight on the exclusive itself...

Low quantity alert is finally up. 70 left to sell.

Finally, after 3 1/2 hours.

On the Greedo-killer thing Mike, that is not a must-have for me. I, like many here, didn't even know there was a difference. It's nice, but fairly extraneous to me, much like Plo's double-bladed saber.

I would like to have seen Han come with ST blaster and belt as exclsuive items (yes, two just like LOTR). Like Qui-Gon, this gives you a whole different look and really does make the exclusive worthwhile AND exclusive. I'm sure with most characters, they could find an option like this... maybe not with Leia or Plo Koon or Kit though, so digging into the EU or accompanying them with an object from a set-piece, like a metal droid head, still works.

Last edited:
Thank the Maker...I got to working on my 'puter and FORGOT until 1:34pm...but I got this beautiful Han on order, and I don't know anything about messages to Sideshow but thank the maker...

If you don't mind, master freaks, I'm going to shut down now...

Still no sell-out!

This might be a big message to SS. It may greatly effect the number of repeat characters we see in the future.

A "big message"? Do you think SS cares whether or not a sellout takes 15 minutes vs. 15 hours? Its still a sell out. If anything it might reinforce that SS is offering a big enough ES to give everyone who truly wants one a chance, but exclusivity enough that its still gone after a day.

Granted, I'm just as surprised as you are that its still available but many of SS's most legendary items took days or even weeks to sell out originally.

A "big message"? Do you think SS cares whether or not a sellout takes 15 minutes vs. 15 hours? Its still a sell out. If anything it might reinforce that SS is offering a big enough ES to give everyone who truly wants one a chance, but exclusivity enough that its still gone after a day.

Granted, I'm just as surprised as you are that its still available but many of SS's most legendary items took days or even weeks to sell out originally.

I think this right here is key. Many people are looking at this over the short term, but personally it's more about long term for me. As more figures get sucked up for customs the less there is to have. Also, not to make light, but natural disasters and the like where collections are lost, those people will often go looking to replace what was lost, taking more items off the secondary market.

SOAB! how did I brain fart this one? Trying to get on the waiting list as we speak but I get this when I click on the link "SORRY! There are currently no search results matching your criteria."

Sad Sad Day :monkey2:monkey2

Wait list order placed, I can't belive I forgot until now and still only missed it by minutes from the looks of it.

I'm sure I'll be ok, I must be one of the first Wait List orders in, the page didn't exist so I just kept refreshing.

Considering the slow sell-out they may have found the exact level for right now. Speculator scalpers have seen that there's no 2nd market value, so it's the true collectors that are getting these. So it takes 3 hours rather than 30 minutes. Maybe SSC will adjust their regular run edition size because of it.

So, you are saying that Sideshow should mislead their customers? Or should they post a disclaimer saying "This is how good your figure could look if you pay (or happen to be an artist) to repaint your figure that you shelled out 65.00 bucks for online, but your figure will dramatically look different or worse." :monkey3

Brad

I don't really see it that way, it's not misleading the customer at all. HT paints their prototypes looking astounding and the production paint comes close to it. SSC needs to up the ante and bring their Paint staff out from the old ways and into a similiar groove as HT. The Proto painter shouldn't have to hold back and paint with less detail, that is ridiculous to me. Art should never be held back.

The painter should go balls to the wall, the best damn paint up he can do. And the Production team should put everything into it, so they can at least come close to what the Proto painter came up with. That way we get the best out of a sculpt.

Just look at HT Rambo III or civilian Rambo from First Blood... The proto was amazing and the production wasn't a let down. It can be done. Raise the bar and others will rise to meet it. That is how you do it.

Even though my repainting business would suffer and die as a result, it would make me happier than most. I would not have to repaint the same head a million times and everyone would be happy with paying top dollar for their figures, and the world would be all around a more pleasant place. And I would then have time to do full on custom figures and not repaints.

I don't think painting a sculpt to your full potential is in any way misleading anyone or worthy of a disclaimer... That's just silly. SSC is a great company and does amazing work, but paint is their only weakness. If they can find a way to remedy that, they will be untouchable. But the time has come to try and do something to make that happen.

It's getting better, but it can be much more in the future.

Considering the slow sell-out they may have found the exact level for right now. Speculator scalpers have seen that there's no 2nd market value, so it's the true collectors that are getting these. So it takes 3 hours rather than 30 minutes. Maybe SSC will adjust their regular run edition size because of it.

Yup. It feels to me like when you are taking off in an airplane--how things get really bumpy and the cabinpressure adjusts and you turn away from the airpost and after that it smooth sailing...

I kinda feel like Sideshow is just about to start hitting their stride after making the proper adjustments on take off.

What will be interesting is if they start to cap their Exclusive Editions even further.....admit it despite the price if the Exclusive was 300 they would have fried the servers.

I missed this EX this time. I had no access to Phone Internet or anything, hopefully waitlist will come thru.

Damn should have reached out for help earlier! (of course if it were possible and not something that occurred during the day that kept you away from the phones/net like an appointment or something) I would have gladly placed the order for you.....we FREAKS gotta stick together! :D

Ugh, ok so Im looking at the pictures on Han's page and just wanted to state a few things.

Is the head a bit big or is it just me? Maybe it's the hair throwing it?
The elbows... well they look pretty bad. I think Im starting to agree the Buck sucks but I can live with it.. for now. :lol
The outfit needs major futzing.
The gun belt still looks a little too tight.
The trouser belt is wrong.

Now granted in the last image of the exclusive it looks good but yea, I just noticed those issues, wondered if anyone else did.

1)Is the head a bit big or is it just me?
2)The elbows... well they look pretty bad. I think Im starting to agree the Buck sucks but I can live with it.. for now. :lol
3)The outfit needs major futzing.
4)The gun belt still looks a little too tight.
5)The trouser belt is wrong.

1) No.
2) Yes, buck elbows suck. The shoulders suck too. Really the whole buck kinda sucks.. You're just now starting to agree? :lol
3) Every figure needs to be futz'd. That 1/2 the fun. But I don't see anything in particular there that demands futzing.
4) Gun belt looks fine to me. I didn't notice that it was too tight.
5) How is the trouser belt wrong?

:dunno

1) No.
2) Yes, buck elbows suck. The shoulders suck too. Really the whole buck kinda sucks.. You're just now starting to agree? :lol
3) Every figure needs to be futz'd. That 1/2 the fun. But I don't see anything in particular there that demands futzing.
4) Gun belt looks fine to me. I didn't notice that it was too tight.
5) How is the trouser belt wrong?

:dunno

1) Ok, just me then. :lol
2) Yea, because it never really bothered me all that much before. Easy to please I guess.
3) The pants look like they will need to be worked with a little depending on the pose and the V in the shirt should be front and center but it is hidden by the vest.
4) Gun belt should have a little give in it, whereas on the figure it looks like its hugging that gap between the hips and the legs.
5) Trouser belt, should be a silver double pronged belt instead of the single strip. Like this one.

Back