I DIDN'T GET N-ZONE SPIDEY THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like the comic variant days of the 90s. That's when I stopped buying individual issues and just wanted to read the thing. Tradepaperbacks for me since then. It was ridiculous. Multiple covers, gold, silver, embossed gold, etc.

BigLeagueChu said:
I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like the comic variant days of the 90s. That's when I stopped buying individual issues and just wanted to read the thing. Tradepaperbacks for me since then. It was ridiculous. Multiple covers, gold, silver, embossed gold, etc.

I grew up in that era of comics. There is a BIG difference between $3 variants and $300 statues. I think we are safe...for now.

i think the OCCASSIONAL variant is cool.

but too many variants can have a negative (no pun intended) effect and actually discourage collectors in the long run.

RoboDad said:
the alleged scam you claimed existed.

when did I say this or are you just making it up as you go along?

RoboDad said:
You didn't criticize me specifically, but you did criticize anyone who was "sucka" enough or "naive"

I honestly believe that 'some' not all get convinced into liking things because of their edition sizes

PS. I might add if you do have a problem with me personally then take it it via PM as I have spend too long trying to defend my opinions & offer solutions on the board just to be met with constant criticism

Last edited:
Danny....I just sick of it now.......you can't even voice an opinion against a sideshow product without being met with the great inquisition :rolleyes: :cool: :lol

SolidLiquidFox said:
I grew up in that era of comics. There is a BIG difference between $3 variants and $300 statues. I think we are safe...for now.

Time will tell. But I don't see a difference, the concept is the same. Kudos to SS for actually pulling this off. They got us to buy not one but two variants of the same sculpt. They can make a black Electra tomorrow and everyone here will say they've been a hardcore Electra fan all along. And it will sell out in a hearbeat too. The sad thing is they can't do this in the beginning when it's up for presale. Then no one would buy the regulars or exclusives. Everyone will be going after the variants instead. Hmmm, I wonder why it's like that? Watch out for the Doom PF variant, why not? Rules are meant to be broken. All of us who have one now will be alienated...except those that get a variant of course. That must be how all the Spidey Blues must feel right now.

i was planning on buying the spidey blue for a while now, i just so happened the retro came out and i got one . i was gonna flip it but now im keeping it cause it looks so freakin sweet. its also numbered with my lucky # and my bday # so it stays. im still looking for a neg spidey if anyone wants to sell one at retail. if i get one then ill get the blue spidey to have the trio. anyone wanna help a freak out lol

BigLeagueChu said:
They can make a black Electra tomorrow and everyone here will say they've been a hardcore Electra fan all along. And it will sell out in a hearbeat too. The sad thing is they can't do this in the beginning when it's up for presale. Then no one would buy the regulars or exclusives. Everyone will be going after the variants instead.

Well, if it happens again within the next 6 months or if it happens on a bad selling high profile piece then it becomes the norm. For now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this was just a marketing hype for a poorly selling high profile piece. More of my thoughts on this here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13997

BigLeagueChu said:
Hmmm, I wonder why it's like that? Watch out for the Doom PF variant, why not? Rules are meant to be broken. All of us who have one now will be alienated...except those that get a variant of course. That must be how all the Spidey Blues must feel right now.

Don't give them any ideas. :D

I,for one, dont mind when Pitchin says,collectors are suckas and naive, cause it is partially true (on that case,that is).Ok, classic Spidey is a great variant probably better than the blue one.But that Neg Zone is really ugly.Of the 75, how many will be on Ebay ??? Probably more than half, and the rest will go into completist hands who wants the 3 different Spidey.But dont tell me this figure was a Holy Grail that Collectors have been waiting for years.

Therefore,yeah Sideshow,has create something with this rather unusual ( see unnecessary figure).And,I, also think it is a way to sell those reg,figures that didnt sell by repackaging them.

I think,I'm also a sucka for these....As collectors arent we all ? I always buy 2 ex.of my 12''....

Point is ,we follow too much the market prices for these....Buy what you really want'll and not what will make the other jealous or make your collection more valuable...Believe me you'll be a much happier collector...

:lol Finally, guys, stop alienating Pitchin...He's always the first to post some links here,new pics and info before everyone...:monkey5 :monkey5 I, have often use his links.He'a true freak in my book. :monkey3

i want the trio, just for looks although i do think the neg spidey is weird as hell. but i like it for the progression of the character. i was still hoping it was a symbiote though

BigLeagueChu said:

yeah. starting to remind me of that too.

i don't like the look of either variant much, but congrats to ones who do. the black fabric does seem to look better on the sculpt but since his costume was never black (even when certain artists portrayed him w/ lotsa black shadowing, it was still blue w/ stylised black shading), so i wish they'd taken some regs (or made new ones) and covered them in a darker, navy blue cloth. it'd look more like the Spidey we all know. i bet even the reg edition would sell better w/ a darker blue.

i have to admit in person the black doesnt look so black. i dont know if my eyes are playing tricks on me or its my lighting but it does seem like a deep dark blue

Classic (webbing under his arms/very dark blue and not black), Ben Reilly and Symbiote would have been my choice for a trio.

Is this my ideal representation of Spidey in PF form? Nope. But given what we have then these would have been my choices for variants.

to be truthful, i would get all of them if they made em. i love progression collections. even artist based progressions too. i have kirby macfarlane keown etc hulks

I have no doubt Pitchin is a loyal fan, look at his posts on this board compared to mine. It's the public negativity that may hurt us all in the long run.

In my eyes Sideshow is a company that offers very unique and high quality collectibles not found with other manufactures. I have stayed away from companies like Bowen, GG, and NECA for the simple reason that their products cannot compare to Sideshow's. I love the fact that sculpts are done by hand rather than with a laser scanner. I love the fact they released a Negative Zone Spiderman when many here had no idea that costume ever existed, including me. I think that demonstates the thought and research they put into their products to give us something UNIQUE. Anybody can just come out with a blue & red version and call it a day.

Plus the Negative Zone Spiderman fit right in with the Black & White event. The bottom line is if Sideshow doesn't make money they won't be able to continue making amazing collectibles in the future. Sideshow is always setting the bar and coming out with items like the Negative Spiderman is what sets them apart.

Mookeylama said:
yeah. starting to remind me of that too.

i don't like the look of either variant much, but congrats to ones who do. the black fabric does seem to look better on the sculpt but since his costume was never black (even when certain artists portrayed him w/ lotsa black shadowing, it was still blue w/ stylised black shading), so i wish they'd taken some regs (or made new ones) and covered them in a darker, navy blue cloth. it'd look more like the Spidey we all know. i bet even the reg edition would sell better w/ a darker blue.

great idea mookey...i'd be really pleased if they did this..i'd buy one it a heart beat and wouldn't worry about the super exclusives..:chew :chew

Shai Hulud said:
I,for one, dont mind when Pitchin says,collectors are suckas and naive, cause it is partially true (on that case,that is).Ok, classic Spidey is a great variant probably better than the blue one.But that Neg Zone is really ugly.Of the 75, how many will be on Ebay ??? Probably more than half, and the rest will go into completist hands who wants the 3 different Spidey.But dont tell me this figure was a Holy Grail that Collectors have been waiting for years.

Therefore,yeah Sideshow,has create something with this rather unusual ( see unnecessary figure).And,I, also think it is a way to sell those reg,figures that didnt sell by repackaging them.

I think,I'm also a sucka for these....As collectors arent we all ? I always buy 2 ex.of my 12''....

well said
Point is ,we follow too much the market prices for these....Buy what you really want'll and not what will make the other jealous or make your collection more valuable...Believe me you'll be a much happier collector...

:lol Finally, guys, stop alienating Pitchin...He's always the first to post some links here,new pics and info before everyone...:monkey5 :monkey5 I, have often use his links.He'a true freak in my book. :monkey3

well said shai
this thread is intended for discussion of all different veiws and on the whole its been very interesting to here what people think.

nash said:
Same here Doc. I got the links the second it went up but it was a "no match" link. That's where i got screwed since everything from that point took forever to load and countless no matches pages until it was finally sold out.

i was a jibbering wreck when it was happening nash..anyway..happybirthday.:chew :chew :chew :chew
:happybday :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Back