HT Tron - Sam Flynn with Light Cycle teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Reynolds?

Yeah likeness is a dead ringer for Ryan Reynolds. Looks nothing like Hedlund unless they are trying to make him look 40 years old.

And give me vintage or GTFO Hot Toys.

That looks awesome! if it's not too expensive i'll get it. :rock

This looks like a sweet set-up, but I think considering the average age of figure collectors HT would've kept a lot of the grandpas happy with the original Tron figures and cycles. I'm relieved to say I can pass on this one, but looking forward to the end product nonetheless.

Glow in the dark or does the suit and bike light up somehow?My guess is the first option.

It looks amazing but they usually do. I'll see the movie but don't really have an interest in a figure (at this point).

Nice to see the usual suspects not wanting to give this new movie a chance. I love the The Vintage first movie, but it has aged so much, that Disney do not want to release the Blu-ray until Legacy has finished it's theatrical run, for fear of putting kids off going to the new movie.

So far this figure set looks amazing, but the suit looks like it could be made of the type of material as the DX Batman suit. If so, I will wait to see if there are any problems with it before I think of getting one.

I guess I just don't like to jump on the bandwagons of films until they are actually, er, released and can prove themselves as being worth a damn :huh

But even if the new movie is a masterpiece, many of us collect for nostalgia, and like many movie franchises for the same reason (which is why 80%+ of movies are either remakes or sequels). They can update Star Wars, Citizen Kane, Tron, and Captain Kangaroo out the wazoo, but the originals are still gonna be vastly superior in most of our respective minds. People prefer Arnold as Terminator, Hamill as Luke Skywalker, and Jeff Bridges as guy in Tron.

I guess I just don't like to jump on the bandwagons of films until they are actually, er, released and can prove themselves as being worth a damn :huh

But even if the new movie is a masterpiece, many of us collect for nostalgia, and like many movie franchises for the same reason (which is why 80%+ of movies are either remakes or sequels). They can update Star Wars, Citizen Kane, Tron, and Captain Kangaroo out the wazoo, but the originals are still gonna be vastly superior in most of our respective minds. People prefer Arnold as Terminator, Hamill as Luke Skywalker, and Jeff Bridges as guy in Tron.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, I am genuinely excited about this movie because of the original, but surely a lot people on here must be too young to get nostalgic about Tron. I'm 40 next year and even I was pretty young when the first movie came out. As for movies that get prequels and sequels after many years, I'm sure they have helped introduce younger people to the originals. If this film is good then I'm sure the first Tron will get a resurgence

I guess what I was trying to say wasn't not to give the movie a chance, but that however the movie turns out, figures from the new film will not be as desirable as figures from the older film for many of us. I understand being excited about the movie, but frankly, it could suck horribly. We know what the older film is about, it is a classic of sorts, and the characters have great (in my opinion, superior) designs. As such, I would be much more interested in classic Tron designs, and until the movie can give me a reason to feel otherwise, I'm not interested in the new ones. They look very cool, no doubt, but they don't mean anything to me yet.

From HT Japan web site:
09-a.jpg

Cool... But who is the man on the bike?!

pssst get the Tron figure

:gah: that da** bug is buzzing around my head again. :)

I'm trying to stick to this new rule for my movie collectable habits....buy from only the movies you really like.

I'm going to see TRON LEGACY opening weekend so if it rocks it might sway me from GR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back