HT P1 Pics here~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the picture beachfox! :)

The Pred looks WAY too short compared to Billy and Dutch!! Preds are meant to tower over humans!! I wonder how the hand is holding the skull?

Agreed, and the Predator is on his diorama-stand which is a bit taller than regular black stands. At least I'm not getting Billy and Dutch.

The Pred looks WAY too short compared to Billy and Dutch!! Preds are meant to tower over humans!! I wonder how the hand is holding the skull?

Although the Predator in that shot is leaning back... I think standing straight he'll be a bit taller. Still is a bit on the short side, but I think I'll live if the rest looks as nice as the proto (which with HT is not a concern).

iunno.. this is a pic I took of my BR Joker and P2:

watermark.php

They're side by side, both on stands. Note, my BR Joker is slightly bent at the chest (for the Joker hunched effect) so if he was fully upright the already small size difference would be even less. BR Joker is listed at 12" and the Preds are listed at 14". Size is off imo.

In reality the predators are supposed to be about 8ft tall. KPH was 7"3 but add the costume and mask etc 8ft should tower over a 6ft guy.

Size is off imo.
Size is totally off bro.
The main thing is that it is almost impossible to add some height without ripping the whole figure, because Preds have no clothes.
Maybe it's time for a "Hot Toys add some height to your Predators"?
Me actually don't very care about all the rest but the P1, cause he is
a) WAs biggest to me, cause Ahnuld was like a little boy in comparsion with him
b) Many of the folks will display him with Dutch/Billy
c) ^^^^ we have a right to own the ULTIMATE Predator in 1/6 scale.

if arnold is around 6ft and the pred is 8ft, then 14in sounds exactly right to me.
in 1:6 scale, a 2in difference translates to a 2ft difference. i don't see the problem here.

All the rest preds are the same :)
The funny thing is I talked about this minus many times here & there was like "that's all OK, Pred should look exactly like HT made them" :D

True 1/6 Predator, if it really was 8 feet tall, would be 16" tall. The Preds are a bit undersized I'm sure, but part of the problem is many HT males are oversized. Hot Toys makes great individual figures but they suck hardcore when it comes to making figures proportionate to each other within a line, just look at TDK or POTC, Joker should not tower over Batman.

if arnold is around 6ft and the pred is 8ft, then 14in sounds exactly right to me.
in 1:6 scale, a 2in difference translates to a 2ft difference. i don't see the problem here.
???
1 foot = 30,48 cm
30,48x8=243.84
1/6 scale...
243,84:6=40.64
Preds should be 16" tall, not 14.

UPD

but part of the problem is many HT males are oversized. Hot Toys makes great individual figures but they suck hardcore when it comes to making figures proportionate to each other within a line, just look at TDK or POTC, Joker should not tower over Batman.
Agreed. But I according to the photo's and +/- comparsion size of a Dutch & Pred - Dutch is somewhere between 32-33cm in height. I t is pretty accurate to 1/6 scale, cause Ahnuld in his best times was abou 184-188 (varies from source to source).

Last edited:
now that i looked at it again, it seems like Billy looks taller compared to dutch.. mayb it's the angle of the pic that was taken

???
1 foot = 30,48 cm
30,48x8=243.84
1/6 scale...
243,84:6=40.64
Preds should be 16" tall, not 14.

UPD

Agreed. But I according to the photo's and +/- comparsion size of a Dutch & Pred - Dutch is somewhere between 32-33cm in height. I t is pretty accurate to 1/6 scale, cause Ahnuld in his best times was abou 184-188 (varies from source to source).

Oh I'm not saying specifically Dutch is oversized or anything, just height and figure-to-figure proportions is often a weak point of Hot Toys.

Landham is a little taller than Ahnuld.
Sonny is a big guy.

UPD :monkey5
Oh I'm not saying specifically Dutch is oversized or anything, just height and figure-to-figure proportions is often a weak point of Hot Toys.
I understand that bro :)
I meant HT goes right way with Dutch, so why don't do justice to the one ugly moth^^^^^^ ;)
That was the idea.

Actually a 2in difference at 1/6 does not translate to a 2ft difference at 1/1.

2inch difference for toy x 6 (1/6 scale) = 12inch difference in real life

12inch = 1 ft

So a 2inch difference at 1/6 would only be a 1 ft difference in real life.

8Ft Predator??? Why the hell I always thought the Predators were 7ft.?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?. Was Kevin Peter Hall 8ft tall?!?!?!

According to IMDB.COM, it showed Kevin Peter Hall was 7ft 2in tall, did the costume add that much height too him?

Ian Whyte who plays the new Predators in the AVP series is 7ft 1 inch tall. In a 1/6 scale world, 12 inch = 6ft with every 2 inch = 1 ft, then 14 in =7ft. Can anyone actually measure one of their Predator figure to see actual height. I think 16inch/8 Ft tall is too tall for a Predator. IMO

It is. Especially considering in the movie when Arnold gets lifted by the neck to eye level, he appears to be about a foot off the ground.

I understand that bro :)
I meant HT goes right way with Dutch, so why don't do justice to the one ugly moth^^^^^^ ;)
That was the idea.

Well that's where they suck for proportions. They make all their Predators the height they do, I'll bet P1 is close to same size as all other Preds, and they make the humans their size, they don't seem to worry when their figures are out of scale to each other. Pirates line makes Johnny Depp seem 6'2 with the way their Sparrow figures measure to others in the line and Keira Knightly about 4'11".

Back