HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome thanks guys. I tried using a hairdryer (as thats the solution to most my hot toys dilemmas lol) but didnt really do much. I'll probably try the boiling water trick. So is there a danger of the dreads sticking to each other once they've been heated up?

I dropped my pred head in boiling water from a kettle, then ran it under cold water and left it to dry. Worked great, now the dreads hang more naturally. I wouldn't leave the head in the water too long, 30 seconds was more than enough for me. And none of them stuck together so nothing to worry about.

Yeah I didn't even leave mine in for 30 seconds. Maybe more like 10. The mask takes a lot longer as it's hard plastic and thicker but even still it's only maybe 45 seconds.

Beautiful. I'll give the hot water a try. The dreads has always been the thing that really bothered me about the P1.
Thanks again for the tips. :)

Finally widened the mask on my predator tonight....

SDC12725.jpg

Looks great Chase. Did you do anything to the dreads? They look like they aren't flailing out as much. Also, see if you can lower the shoulder armor a bit so that there isn't such a gap between his right shoulder and the armor.

Since many people have done the mask widending, I understand it needs to be heated, what's the consensus on the best means of heating it without having to worry about messing up the electronics?

Since many people have done the mask widending, I understand it needs to be heated, what's the consensus on the best means of heating it without having to worry about messing up the electronics?

My guess would be a blow dryer, using it mainly on the outside of the mask.

I dealt with the dreads just using an elastic band for extended period. I am thinking of reworking the mask though, of all the fixes pointed out, it's the one I feel more and more like I need to do to my figure, I'm pretty happy with everything else except how big the head can look and how forward the face can seem.

Blow dry the mask, boil the dreads...

sounds like we should get this Predator his own SALON.

Are all Hot Toys figure this high maintenance?

I don't wanna know what the She Predator needs done LOL

Are all Hot Toys figure this high maintenance?

Not really, for some reason the helmet turned out off with this particular Predator and they made better scale dreads for this one, but as a result, they came out of the box puffing out a bit too much because there wasn't much weight to them. All the Predator figures have had pretty puffy dreads but this one seemed the most in need of a solution.

Mask: Blow Dryer

Dreds: Wrap in Rubber band. Sink in Hot Water then Cool.

Instead of a rubber band I used a piece of cloth. The rubber band left a small mark on my dreds on my lost pred. It's not very noticeable but I still consider it collateral damage. :D

But yea I gotta do something about my mask too.

FINALLY.... got my Pred 1 today.

What an awesome figure! So much detail. Hard to see it all in the lunch hour I had to do it. Looking forward to doing some of these mods this weekend.

Blow mask, boil dreds, got it.

I got mine from GoHastings (with a coupon thanks to Maulfan's alert) and surprisingly the box was in good condition and came WITH the slip cover. Pred untouched inside.

The only 'fixes' so far is my twin blades were bent unevenly and had to be heated and re-bent into shape... and one of my closed-mouth mandibles wouldn't sit right but a dip into boiling water solved that.

Back