HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't do any mods either and I love mine.

P1frontright1.jpg
P1front2.jpg

Hope you can find one. I'm really surprised they haven't offered a BD version of this figure, though the P2 BD came well after the regular had been sold out.

A few people have mentioned the idea of a battle damaged version but would there really be that much to change? Maybe i'm wrong but wouldnt it just involve having some green blood spattered over him? And maybe the plasma cannon missing? I can understand the Predator 2 because there was more to change; the missing arm, and the extra mandibles they hadnt done for the first release. But i cant see what they could do different with a battle damaged version from Predator 1. Again, maybe im wrong. Just my two cents.

I wouldn't worry. The out-of-box figure most of us have looks almost as good as that - many of the changes made, no disrespect to Dedguy, may have involved more work than the end result suggests such as the belt and the pouch mods. The reshaping of the mask to fit the head better would be the most significant change and perhaps any alterations he may have made to the dreads so they hang more accurately. Anything else is subtle enough that the basic figure is by no means embarrassed by the customs. The figure is that good to begin with.

This is true, a lot of the mods I made are minor and just the fun sort of small detail work I really enjoy to make an already good figure just a little better.

I did do a run-down of the mods on one of those pages but here's the list for anyone who can't find it.

1. Helmet reshaped and carved out to correct warping and for it to fit much closer to the face.
  2. Three leather cords added to temple and one to the lower left jaw.
  3. Silver plastic strap from the chest armor to the shoulder was removed, leather strap added.
  4. Black elastic removed from biceps armor and armor attached directly to the mesh suit.
  5. Chest straps replaced with weathered leather straps, additional weathering and film accurate divot added to the buckle.
  6. Plastic belt replaced with a weathered more accurate leather belt.
  7. Plastic pouch replaced with a much more accurate suede pouch.
  8. Leather thongs around forearms weathered.
  9. Weathered leather thongs added around knees.
  10. Leather parts on the hands where dullcoated.

I wouldn't worry. The out-of-box figure most of us have looks almost as good as that - many of the changes made, no disrespect to Dedguy, may have involved more work than the end result suggests such as the belt and the pouch mods. The reshaping of the mask to fit the head better would be the most significant change and perhaps any alterations he may have made to the dreads so they hang more accurately. Anything else is subtle enough that the basic figure is by no means embarrassed by the customs. The figure is that good to begin with.

This is true, a lot of the mods I made are minor and just the fun sort of small detail work I really enjoy to make an already good figure just a little better.

I did do a run-down of the mods on one of those pages but here's the list for anyone who can't find it.

1. Helmet reshaped and carved out to correct warping and for it to fit much closer to the face.
  2. Three leather cords added to temple and one to the lower left jaw.
  3. Silver plastic strap from the chest armor to the shoulder was removed, leather strap added.
  4. Black elastic removed from biceps armor and armor attached directly to the mesh suit.
  5. Chest straps replaced with weathered leather straps, additional weathering and film accurate divot added to the buckle.
  6. Plastic belt replaced with a weathered more accurate leather belt.
  7. Plastic pouch replaced with a much more accurate suede pouch.
  8. Leather thongs around forearms weathered.
  9. Weathered leather thongs added around knees.
  10. Leather parts on the hands where dullcoated.

But it SHOULD be pointed out that your figure is modified, especially when someone sees it like Sabres and isn't aware that it's not stock. Whether the changes are minor or not, the fact remains it's not out of the box, stock. So if someone buys this figure they should at least know it's not going to look exactly like that (without similar mods). Figure still looks great stock, but not as good (imo) as dedguy's modified figure.

was going to get a second one to costumize but dont really know how i would so i dicide to save my money plus alot of cool figures coming out this year

Check gohastings, they may have a few left and they have a discount coupon code. Search sideshow under trends.

Copied one of my favorite screencaps I have.

IMG_0921.png

Hey dude, did you do anything to the dreads to make them hang better. I checked out your list of mods but didnt see anything there. I love the way yours hang straighter, more like in the movie. And i hate the way they sort of "flow" backwards on the stock version.
Cheers,
Russ

Yeah I did the 'ol pop it in a cup of near-boiling water with a rubberband around the head and then cool it off quickly under very cold water. You have to do that last part for awhile, it has to be fully cooled before you take off the rubber band. Same is true for remolding the mask. If they still pop back after that just try again and let the head sit for a few days with the band on (but be careful, after being so hot the dreds can stick to each other).

To get my dreds to look more natural, I put the submerged the head in boiling water for 1-2 minutes with a rubber band around the dreds. I then ran cold water over the head until it was cool to the touch. On one of my P1s, I put the head in the freezer for a couple of minutes after it was boiled. My dreds have stayed that way, and it was around 3-4 months ago when I did it.
WARNING on the freezer method, one of my dreds broke after it was removed from the freezer. It was an easy fix with super glue.

Last edited:
I did the hot water thing too, didn't cool it with cold water but it came out fine although I recommend the cool off.

Yeah the cooling sets the new shape. If you dunk it back in hot water again it will return back to the original shape.

Awesome thanks guys. I tried using a hairdryer (as thats the solution to most my hot toys dilemmas lol) but didnt really do much. I'll probably try the boiling water trick. So is there a danger of the dreads sticking to each other once they've been heated up?

Back