HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what im talkin about!:D

I dunno i don't think they're gonna do another one i think they put all their eggs in one basket with this effort(and an excellent one it was too). I think they may well be finished with the predator line. Besides theres so many other things for them to concentrate on now with the amount of licenses they have.

Last edited:
I thought Hot Toys was going to do a few more of Dutch's unit. Such as Dillon, Blaine, Mac, and maybe Poncho, or Hawkins. I think that they at least need to do the best friends...Blaine and Mac! Give Blaine the huge "dragon" spinning cannon he had, and Mac an M-60, and even throw in the pink razor he used. :rolleyes:

Hot Toys make 5 marines (Hicks, Hudson, Drake, Vasquez, and Apone), plus Ripley for ALIENS. So that it is 6 human characters. So far Hot Toys has only made 2 human characters, Dutch and Billy. So, I'm hoping they at least make Blaine and Mac. :D

I thought Hot Toys was going to do a few more of Dutch's unit. Such as Dillon, Blaine, Mac, and maybe Poncho, or Hawkins. I think that they at least need to do the best friends...Blaine and Mac! Give Blaine the huge "dragon" spinning cannon he had, and Mac an M-60, and even throw in the pink razor he used. :rolleyes:

Hot Toys make 5 marines (Hicks, Hudson, Drake, Vasquez, and Apone), plus Ripley for ALIENS. So that it is 6 human characters. So far Hot Toys has only made 2 human characters, Dutch and Billy. So, I'm hoping they at least make Blaine and Mac. :D

I hear you, but the early marines were back in the day when HT didn't have the kudos or the licences they have today.
HT seems to have a very talented band of artists, but it's a relatively small band of artists, so I expect them to put their talent to work where it will return the best $'s, and sadly that might not be in Dutch's unit for now.
I hope we might see a few more, but I don't expect it any time too soon.

Yeah, at least Blaine! You can easily paint the MTV logo on his shirt with white acrylic paint. If they never make a Dillon, Hot Toys has already made Carl Weathers as Apollo Creed from Rocky IV. So that figure could be kitbashed into a Dillon. The only other soldier I'd love to see besided Blaine would be Mac. Have any of you seen the awesome customs of Blaine and Mac made by "die" on this board? They're great. :D He sold both of them on eBay a while back. Unless he's made them again.

I hear you, but the early marines were back in the day when HT didn't have the kudos or the licences they have today.
HT seems to have a very talented band of artists, but it's a relatively small band of artists, so I expect them to put their talent to work where it will return the best $'s, and sadly that might not be in Dutch's unit for now.
I hope we might see a few more, but I don't expect it any time too soon.

I agree, I'm still a bit surprised they even did Billy, really, Dutch would have been enough, between being the main character and one who fought the Pred most and being Arnold, he was a guaranteed seller, but the other members of the team, without likeness rights, it's tough selling figures at the prices HT figures go for now, it was ok for the Aliens marines back in the day but today, the forgiveness is less, look at Kane from ALIEN.

Okay...so then I'll be happy if they do even one more human from Predator. If I had to choose...definitely Blaine!

I'd honestly be surprised if we get more humans from Predator.

All 3 figures have been shipped and in hand for 2-3 months now. Looking at ALIEN as an example, those 2 humans have been in hand for like a year, the only other figure to be shown is the Alien itself, no Ripley, surely they'd have shown her off at the same time if they were doing her.

Unfortunately, these older films without likeness rights don't get too many figures beyond the creautres which can be made to look like the film unlike people. ALIENS probably would have been smaller if made now, but I think being one of HT's first MMS licenses, they really got into it, might have also been to help pitch themselves to other licenses to show what they could do. Nowadays they don't have to prove themselves so it's all about what people will buy, no need to worry about what will get companies to grant them licenses.

I think we'll see another Predator. I mean, P2 and Wolf each got two variations. HT just released a teaser of ANOTHER Iron Man (BD). So I'd say at least one more P1 is a safe guess.

I think we'll see another Predator. I mean, P2 and Wolf each got two variations. HT just released a teaser of ANOTHER Iron Man (BD). So I'd say at least one more P1 is a safe guess.

Yup, knowing Hot Toys I'd be surprised if there isn't a variant. They just announced the Mark III variant although it took over a year......

Here's another quick photo, inspired by jnmx2000.
P1_Photo2_0002.png

lol awesome! :rock

what program to you work in?

This thing should come with a warning to keep away from family pets.:lol

Back