HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd also blur the legs a little, if the hand is blurry, the legs would be as well.

Remove the log between his legs, add more water ripple, otherwise looks great!!!

Alright, here is the improved picture (thanks to devil 666).
P1_Photo1_0002.png

Now all he needs is a couple of wet ducks or maybe a pigon flying manically out of frame.

Honestly, I thought it looked good before. But the changes are nice.

Love this Guy. Pred and dutch make an amazing display on their own.

apreda.jpg

I had some minor issues, now taken care of. The shoulder strap pulled loose from the armor in the back, had to reglue it. Had to reglue loose piece in helmet which covered the wiring. I reshaped the dreds, and refitted the mask with a blow dryer trick.Looks pretty kick ass now.

Hi pjam. I'll be getting the Predator soon. What is your "blow dryer trick" for the helmet? Can you let me know so if I run into the same problem as you did I can fix it? Thanks! Any help is appreciated! :D

Hi pjam. I'll be getting the Predator soon. What is your "blow dryer trick" for the helmet? Can you let me know so if I run into the same problem as you did I can fix it? Thanks! Any help is appreciated! :D

The mask fits too tightly over the head on many of these, mine too, especially the Jaw area, and may not rest flush to the hairline, etc. Sometimes because of this the mask sticks out too much.

Anyway, it's a simple fix. Remove the helmet, lay it upside down, direct a blow dryer over the V or Jaw area of the mask for a minute. Then stretch each side out abit by pulling each side of the V to splay out more. Then fit it to head and/or continue until you have it as far back of the Jaw area as possible. Go a little at a time...

Isn't there any store carrying it anymore? anyway I don't think you should loose all hope, Hot Toys will release a new edition for sure, Predator 1 is too important not to milk him dry...

Yup, a DX will probably surface soon!:eek:

I am doubting a dx for this one. Ironic really since this si still the figure I haven't got that I want. I hope hot toys let a few more out though to pick one up cheaper than there going for on the bay now.

If they do another version (DX or BD) I want it to have a removable shoulder cannon, proper blood on the leg, the blades that open up wide to pin down Dutch, and at least one skinned body.

I don't know that there is enough change in the Pred design throughout the film to warrant another release. The battle damage, up until his death (when you really can't see much of his body, anyway) is so minor as to hardly be worth considering as a separate figure. But, if sales are strong enough, I'm sure HT could figure something out.

The most obvious variation would be "stealth" Predator, but I can't see myself or many others shelling out $150+ for a "see-through" toy.

Back