HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PHOTO thread guys. Does it really matter if he is shorter than the others?!? Buy it and enjoy it if you want it, if not go ^^^^ yourselves.

100_3385-Copy.jpg

Fixed your post :D

He has arrived. :woo overall he looks well done but the fact it was already put together has left me kinda..MEH.. having the tray of pieces and getting it put together was one of the things I looked forward to. I realized how much that part meant when I just pulled this guy out and on the stand he went. well, anyhoo...here's a couple crappy pics of Shorty.

P1001.jpg

P1002.jpg

I think the reason they used to come in pieces was entirely to sidestep licensing restrictions. Sorta like DCD marketing their figures as 13".

I think the reason they used to come in pieces was entirely to sidestep licensing restrictions. Sorta like DCD marketing their figures as 13".

That's what I always heard. Anyone know what change with P1 then!? As frustrating as it was (I almost threw away my P2 :lol) you gotta admit, it was kinda fun putting them together. Well.. kinda. :D

Yeah, it's kinda fun to build them, but I won't miss it. It kinda helps me to see the character in the piece when it's all built instead of first seeing it in pieces first.

What is so strange about DCD calling their figures 13"? They are 13", not 12".

hahahaha u guys are still arguing abt the height issue? :lol

but y'know what is the thing that genuinely bugs me? the fact that when his bio is on, his head is HUUUGE! like a frickin bobblehead (as some of u have pointed out). :duh he looks silly, to be honest. and that's far worse than any height difference.

glad i don't plan to display him like that. after all, the face sculpt is so good, it'd be a shame to hide it.

now, i'm just waitin for my stupid retailer to honour my order. po-ed waaay back and still haven't gotten it yet. :mad:

ps: wooooohooo!! i just hit my 500th post!! yippee! i have no life! :)

The large head as I have mentioned before is pretty screen accurate. The predator heads in the first two films are nearly the same width as the shoulders.

The large head as I have mentioned before is pretty screen accurate. The predator heads in the first two films are nearly the same width as the shoulders.

Funnily enogh I was writing about this in my review the other night, I'll cut and paste a preview section here-

I did spend quite some time poring over my old ‘Winston Effect’ book, if you have it check out pages 103 through to 107 and hold your figure up next to the pages, you’ll see this is pretty spot on. One other criticism thrown at this figure is that when masked the head looks too big, well, I know where the critics are coming from, however if you look at the source material those ol’Preds had pretty mahoosive noggins to incorporate all the RC servos, micro electronics and bladders, in fact if you have the Stan Winston book I cited above there is a pic of KPH standing in water with the armoured mask removed. All of the Preds Facial detail is cut away, obviously this is to help the actor see, but it also illustrates that in the real world that mask would never physically fit over the face and look the way it does on screen. The only other real option would have been a second head with the mask permanently attached, but I’m sure the cost of this would have made it prohibitive, as it would mean a lot more production time on build (two sets of dreads to do) and also paint apps. So, I think HT went with the most realistic option open to them, and I’m highly impressed.

Yeah I've mentioned the mask thing as well. It's pretty amazing that they managed to get the mask to fit over the face as well as they do especially at this scale.

Mine came today and as my first (and last) Predator it is a great freaking figure. A bit miffed he doesnt come with batteries, but since Iron Man is being stored at moment, he donated his batteries.

Mine came today and as my first (and last) Predator it is a great freaking figure. A bit miffed he doesnt come with batteries, but since Iron Man is being stored at moment, he donated his batteries.

He does come with batteries. They're in a bag located on the back of the tray.

yeah well the mask may be screen accurate in size.
BUT because the hot toys body is leaner than the actual kevin peter hall bodysuit, the proportions aren't the same, and therefore LOOKS bigger.

anyway like i said it's not really a major issue for me cos i will be displaying him with the mask off...

Great pics King, but I have to admit I was more intrigued to spy on your shelves, loving the custom Kyle Reese and Warriors figures:clap:rock

Back