HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

This is such a great figure. I can't wait to own one myself. I hope we get more Michael Jackson figures down the line. Im a huge fan, and with Hot Toys great likenesses and posing options, it really captures MJ.

Seems a shame though that they chose to go with "Bad" for the next one. Its an overly elaborate costume that is sure to bump up the price, and its a song that wasn't all that great. Even MJ considers it somewhat of a failure (its was one of only a few of his big singles not to be included in the "This is It" tour).

Personally I hope we get:

-Mowtown 25 anniversary Bille Jean
-Beat It
-Smooth Criminal
-Black and White
-Dangerous Tour
-This is It Final Rehersal

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Seems a shame though that they chose to go with "Bad" for the next one. Its an overly elaborate costume that is sure to bump up the price, and its a song that wasn't all that great. Even MJ considers it somewhat of a failure (its was one of only a few of his big singles not to be included in the "This is It" tour).

To me Bad is the quintessential MJ. The song and the cover/look. When I think MJ (pre-crazy MJ) I think of Bad.

^^Pre-crazy MJ? :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, yes great figure! Finally got around to getting one & I love it. Like others, after seeing the prototpye head-scuplt im a lil dissapointed they didnt make it the one available for purchase. But nontheless, its still an awesome figure!

I just got this head from Ebay!!
Here's a quick WIP bash!!! :rock!!

DSC03921.jpg

DSC03922.jpg

DSC03923.jpg

That's awesome Kuzeh! Where did you get the jacket from?

What happened to the person who got that awesome custom painted Thriller MJ off ebay? I repainted mine a little and I think it looks pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNgXEgrE41s

Thanks dude!
I snagged it from Ebay about a year and a half ago, it's actually from a Ken :lol
I just need to add a new custom "M" patch on top of it!!

Very Nice Kuzeh,that "GO AWAYYYYYY" expression.

Yeah, very nice.

Also, for anyone still thinking about buying this figure they have at Amiami for just US $130 (here) at the moment. I don't know what it's selling for on eBay at the moment but as far as set-prices that seems to me a very nice deal.

I notice also they have Kamui Gaiden marked down to just US $85 (here), while on this subject...

It's already sold out. Amazing deal on Kamui though.

Btw, how much is shipping? I couldn't figure it out because I would have to submit the order before it would tell me (a big 'WTF?').

I'm selling a few MJ pieces in case anybodys interested...

Michael Jackson 12" Thriller Figure in Collectible Hot Toys box (Zombie version ONLY) complete with/ Thriller stand, Slim Body, 11 inter-changeable hands, 2x extra pegs, MJ Zombie variant head, and outfit (Zombie Jacket, shirt, pants, shoes/socks). Everything is in MINT collector's condition. Only, box has a small tear on the corner. $130
mjzombie.jpg
boxny.jpg

Michael Jackson 12" Hot Toys Custom 1984 American Music Awards Ceremony outfit, and Thriller Outfit in Collectible Hot Toys box (Slim Body NOT included) comes complete with 1x custom painted/sculpted Michael Jackson head sculpt (circa 1982-1985), the 1984 custom AMA royal top, MJ pants, pair of sparkling socks, and also the original white socks (which have been cut in half because the socks were originally glued onto the soles of the feet; it's the only way to change the socks), as well as 1x pair of shoes, 1x custom rhinestone glove, 1x custom Microphone accessory. As an added bonus you'll receive the (retail version not a copy) Disc 2 of Michael Jackson's HIStory including some of MJ's greatest hits!! Everything is in MINT condition, box has a small tear in corner. $130

mjcustomm.jpg
mjheadd.jpg

billiejeansocks.jpg
mjglove.jpg
mj842.jpg
mjbox.jpg

Some good ideas in this vid ..but the dressing up mj is just a bit weird ..
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cjO0EGUQU8A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cjO0EGUQU8A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

^^Hmm, that was a bit odd. But creative nonetheless!

:rotfl @ some of those outfits she had Michael in..Epic!

Thanks for sharing!

Is the MJ Thriller body and the AA Slim Truetype skintone exactly the same?

^^Yep!

Just bought an extra one the other day so I could display both MJ regular & zombie!

MJ figure is nothing more than AA TrueType w/ MJ likeness headsculpt & accessories!

Cool, I was just going to buy the AA slim hands and didn't know if they matched.

Its definetly worth buying an extra body and displaying normal Michael and michael as the zombie.

About the member here who bought that awesome repaint off ebay... did they ever post pics of it when they got it?

I forgot all about that, I really wanted to see some in-hand shots of it.

^^Sweet!

I wonder if they'll have the "BAD" figure offered at this price!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back