HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Glad I decided against it, it wasn't up to my standards as a MJ fan and collector. Hopefully we can get the essential MJ figure soon, with maybe a Smooth Criminal or Black & White theme.

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

I think the headsculpt can be made alot better with just a little black paint. Just add some more eyeliner, tweek the eyebrows and hair.

buddypoke1-1.gif

I think the headsculpt can be made alot better with just a little black paint. Just add some more eyeliner, tweek the eyebrows and hair.

I know it can. I have seen the unbelievable work on this very thread, sadly though, i have no skills and even if i did, i couldn't apply them due to a tremor of the hands. I would kill for that guys custom a few pages back. (sorry, can't remember his name at the momment). Still, why should we have to repaint such an expensive collectible? I'm really not all too "freaky" i guess to see the sense in that. Oh well, i'm not fretting too much as it's been a fantastic month overall with DX Batman, Aldo Raine, and T-800 now in my possesion. Maybe that is the real problem, those 3 are just too good making this one look weak by comparison. Yeah, i'm sure thats it. Anyway, Thriller is being shipped out for BAD. Hope to feel better about that one.

I've only posed my Thriller MJ with his hands in his pockets for a day or two before I got bored looking at it. I've posed it in dance moves ever since and with the help of the stand and hands, haven't ran out of looks since.
If anything I'm diappointed in the "Bad" head sculpt, no fine detail at all from what I've seen. The thriller head has all kinds.

While the Thriller MJ isn't my favorite HT fig that I own so far...when you compare it to other HT figs that have come out recently, I can certainly see why there is a sense of disappointment. It is still a very nice fig though in it's own right.

But it's really just the one headsculpt that isn't perfect. The outfit and zombie version is as good as we can hope for.

But it's really just the one headsculpt that isn't perfect. The outfit and zombie version is as good as we can hope for.

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with it other then the smiley sculpt ..and i'm sure people would never have done as much complaining about it if we never had seen that cooler prototype sculpt.

I don't really understand the extreme hating on this figure. Yeah the normal head sculpts not as good as the proto but the zombie version and the costume are fantastic. That's why I bought it anyway, for zombie MJ thriller. How cool is it that this was ever even released? I love HT for their more obscure releases. This, Mars Attacks and POTA gorillas, great stuff!

I don't really understand the extreme hating on this figure. Yeah the normal head sculpts not as good as the proto but the zombie version and the costume are fantastic. That's why I bought it anyway, for zombie MJ thriller. How cool is it that this was ever even released? I love HT for their more obscure releases. This, Mars Attacks and POTA gorillas, great stuff!

People should go back several pages and check out some of the repaints to see how good that head can look. That one on ebay was amazing.

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with it other then the smiley sculpt ..and i'm sure people would never have done as much complaining about it if we never had seen that cooler prototype sculpt.

Exactly. Had people not seen those pics everyone would be ALL over this. Its amazing how a couple of proto pics can change peoples entire thoughts about this figure!

So i get this figure from the Gohastings deal ($122 shipped), annnnd i am so very disappointed with it. First the box comes thrashed, which i normally wouldn't mind, but i am quite fond of this box. I then open the box only to be met with a foul chemical stench of which can only be described as..well lets just say i could "huff" this figure for days. And then i see the terrible MJ sculpt of which can't do anything to look decent other than putting his hands in his pockets while looking down. WTF is that all about? We are talking about Michael Jackson here..when did Michel Jackson ever just stand there, looking down, with his (censored) hands in his pockets? This one is off to Ebay.

Was your figure used? So im assuming I shouldnt trust gohastings..

They pull stuff from their brick and mortar store shelves. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes not. I find that the risk is worth it for the prices they often offer. Plus, returning them hasn't been much of a hassle for me, they pay for the shipping back and give full refunds (I've returned two figures out of five so far). Sometimes they don't refund you the original shipping though (which is usually like 5 dollars).

Exactly. Had people not seen those pics everyone would be ALL over this. Its amazing how a couple of proto pics can change peoples entire thoughts about this figure!

Was your figure used? So im assuming I shouldnt trust gohastings..

They were a buncha bungholes to me. Gohastings can go &%$ themselves.

-Joe

Yeah, you are making a trade-off of price for. . .various issues when you order from GoHastings. If you care about box quality, competent customer service, or tracking information (without having to harass people to get it), best to go with someone else.

Thought I'd take the attention from Gobungholes and show my custom painted head:

SDC11595.jpg

SDC11589-1.jpg

A little paint will really bring out the sculpt better.

-Joe

Yeah, you are making a trade-off of price for. . .various issues when you order from GoHastings. If you care about box quality, competent customer service, or tracking information (without having to harass people to get it), best to go with someone else.

Their incompetence works both ways. I talked to a cs rep about a replacement HT Sheva. She said I could send her back and they would send me a new one. I shipped the broken one back to them with a note saying that I was to receive a replacement figure for the damaged one. I got the new figure last week and was very pleased but a couple of days ago they refunded my money as well.

Wow, I hate your luck. :lol

@ Astar08

The actual product was mint. It was the cool box that wasn't so much. I would recommend them in a heartbeat if you don't mind taking chances for benefit of cheaper prices and don't care abot mint boxes. $122 shipped was pretty good for this. And i have since learned the "foul" stench is normal for this set due to manufacturing. As for the figures themselves, i took the truetype and threw it on the zombie and i am really happy with it. I'm going to be keeping that one for sure. As for the regular sculpt, i'm torn. I'm thinking that they are going to be giving this era of Jackson another shot with 'Beat it' and i'm thinking that sculpt\PAINT JOB, will suit this 'Thriller' outfit, so i may end up keeping the set afterall.

Have you smelled the DX boxes? The Thriller box should smell the same as that... it's the foam and I rather like the smell, lol.

Thought I'd take the attention from Gobungholes and show my custom painted head:

SDC11595.jpg

SDC11589-1.jpg

A little paint will really bring out the sculpt better.

-Joe

You did a great job. Really starts to look like MJ again with a good re-paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back