HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

The costumes from LJN line have horrible tailoring!

I'd rather wait for HT to release them, as I doubt that this will be the last MJ that we would be seeing from HT.

I'm sure they'll make more versions.

Being the collector I am, I am fully prepared to make my own Beat It figure. I have 2 MIB Beat It Dolls from the "Superstar of the 80s" LJN line, and also the Beat It Outfit that goes with my singing Black and White doll. Beat It is clearly my favorite MJ look. For what these dolls are going for now on eBay, I'm glad I got them. I had the pleasure of seeing MJ live on his HIStory Tour! 10th row babay!

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

I'd rather wait for HT to release them, as I doubt that this will be the last MJ that we would be seeing from HT.

That may be true, but the best of the bunch is the Beat It outfit. Also, the tailoring on the Beat It outfit that goes with the Black or White doll is great.
3667581370_eff4ea0fdb.jpg

The LJN can look decent if tweaked and matched with some other outfits... take a look at my bashes... the Beat It Jacket works fine IMO... I'd love an HT one with real zippers and all, but it might be a while before we get that...

That may be true, but the best of the bunch is the Beat It outfit. Also, the tailoring on the Beat It outfit that goes with the Black or White doll is great.
3667581370_eff4ea0fdb.jpg

Actually those aren't the LJN, those are the AB Toys/ Streetscene ones, the Jacket is way better than LJN's but it's too big IMO.
The Beat it T-shirt is great, and the BrW outfit can easily be bashed...

MJ_HT131.jpg

The LJN can look decent if tweaked and matched with some other outfits... take a look at my bashes... the Beat It Jacket works fine IMO... I'd love an HT one with real zippers and all, but it might be a while before we get that...

Actually those aren't the LJN, those are the AB Toys/ Streetscene ones, the Jacket is way better than LJN's but it's too big IMO.
The Beat it T-shirt is great, and the BrW outfit can easily be bashed...

MJ_HT131.jpg

Yeah I know the jacket in the pic isn't LJN, I just called it "The Beat It Outfit that goes with the Black or White doll." I meant that the Beat It outfit from the LJN line is the best IMO and the one that also goes with the Black or White doll (Streetscene) is great.

Oh and BTW, how hard was it getting the armband from the Black or White doll on to the MJ figure body's arm (I assume that's where you got the armband from)? I wanted to do it to bash a Black or White MJ but never thought it would fit.

If i get this I'd want to use the reg headsculpt on how he looks in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlfUMPtC3NU

I think it would be almost impossible to get the sequined shirt and hard to get a jacket and glove like that unless I somehow got one from a HT billie jean..

Oh and BTW, how hard was it getting the armband from the Black or White doll on to the MJ figure body's arm (I assume that's where you got the armband from)? I wanted to do it to bash a Black or White MJ but never thought it would fit.

You mean the arm-brace?
I actually got it from that BrW toy, I bought one loose last year for about 15 bucks...

If i get this I'd want to use the reg headsculpt on how he looks in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlfUMPtC3NU

I think it would be almost impossible to get the sequined shirt and hard to get a jacket and glove like that unless I somehow got one from a HT billie jean..

I've seen custom Billie Jean jackets and gloves on Ebay...
No shirt though... I saw one full custom MTWN 25 Billie Jean figure, but it was really expensive...

We need any info about the official release date...I'm beggining to lose interest in actually getting this figure...is taking too long to come!!

We need any info about the official release date...I'm beggining to lose interest in actually getting this figure...is taking too long to come!!

Not sure what you mean by "Too long" it went up for preorder in mid/late July. Its just over 3 months later. Hot Toys products usually ship a little over 3 months from preorder date.

Hideous and disturbing. . .but accurate to MJ in his later days.

What do you guys think of this figure? Just curious...I saw it on eBay a while ago.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120462206488

I don't like this dude's figures, I've seen a few of them but they are too expensive and not worth it IMO

That's a very nice head sculpt but put on a very crappy body and crappy clothes. Not worth the $435 for just a good headsculpt.

Actually the outfit is very MJ-style, you just need to accessorize it to make it look good... :gun

MJ_HT108.jpg

MJ_HT102.jpg

Hideous and disturbing. . .but accurate to MJ in his later days.

:rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean by "Too long" it went up for preorder in mid/late July. Its just over 3 months later. Hot Toys products usually ship a little over 3 months from preorder date.

Well, I do not have patience...and also I'm a rookie in this field...it is my first pre-ordered figure...:)

Some releases can take as long as 8 months or more...
HT is fairly consistent with theirs, and since MJ I'm sure is top priority for them, it shouldn't be long before it's released... I'm sure we'll see the first in hand pictures between Thanksgiving and Christmas...
Paciencia amigo... This figure is well worth it...

Well, I do not have patience...and also I'm a rookie in this field...it is my first pre-ordered figure...:)

Well, get used to it from now on because that's how Hot Toys preorders are all the time. I've learned to be patient with releases, otherwise I'd feel miserable during the wait.

Will try to have patience!!...I know it is a great figure...and can't hardly wait for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back