HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

^^Indeed good price!

Go for it!

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

This is also available on the gift card list at Sideshow

Yep, great price!!!
I think HT over-produced this figure... and the backlash of changing the head-sculpt caused a lot of cancellations...
Oh well!!
kick-ass figure still!!
And I jut hope this doesn't affect future MJ releases...

That HS is not that bad...
I got it, fairly decent...

DSC04765.jpg

The jacket was commissioned to a seamstress/tailor
Another shot of this one:

DSC07429-1.jpg

A couple of fun shots:

DSC07436.jpg

DSC07437.jpg

And the whole gang!

DSC07421-1.jpg

DSC07429-1.jpg

A couple of fun shots:

DSC07436.jpg

DSC07437.jpg

And the whole gang!

DSC07421-1.jpg

WOW, you have all of them!! Great collection! I'm thinking of restoring my MJ Thriller, and just getting rid of the Billie Jean, and AMA outfits.

DSC07429-1.jpg

A couple of fun shots:

DSC07436.jpg

DSC07437.jpg

And the whole gang!

DSC07421-1.jpg

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, that's awesome man. Really awesome. You actually have them all. Looks awesome!!!!!

The biggest problem with the paint apps on this figure for me are the lips. Michael's upper lip is more or less the same color of his skin, wheras his lower lip is the only one that is pinkish. Its fairly obvious from looking at a picture of him, so im wondering how Hot Toys missed this.

Can i use TTM15 for it? is anyone try it ?

Can i use TTM15 for it? is anyone try it ?

You can use whatever you like. I haven't seen anyone try it. In my perspective it has too much muscle mass to portray MJ. The legs are very strong looking on the TTM15, as well as the biceps. I don't know if the chest muscles would show through with the jacket on or not. I think it's best to stick with the slim, but to each his own.

If you decide to go with it, post some pics and let us know how it goes.

in honestly TTM15 is cheaper then TTM10 its why im asking :) thanks for your explain i will try to buy TTM10

I have a african american slim truetype and when i try and remove the head from the neckpost the balljoint thingy stays in the head. Any advice on getting it to stay in the neckpost or how to remove it from the head? Thanx

Last edited:

I remember having the same problem, it was crazy. It was my first experience switching HT heads and I thought all HT figures must've been like that but thankfully I've never had anything like that again, nothing that was that hard to remove.

To remove the balljoint I used pliers (holding in the area between the ball ends) and just held the head and pulled the joint as hard as I could and eventually it came out. The pliers might nick the plastic a little but you wont ever see it. Before that I had tried hot water and other things with no success.

Lol. Thanx... Maybe i mite just buy a loose neck joint of ebay then.

I have a african american slim truetype and when i try and remove the head from the neckpost the balljoint thingy stays in the head. Any advice on getting it to stay in the neckpost or how to remove it from the head? Thanx

An easier way to remove it is to take boiling hot water and dip the TTM10 head in for 30 seconds. Pull it out, wrap a paper towel around the ball joint to avoid plier scars. Grab your pliers and yank on the covered ball joint. It should slip out. You might need to take the MJ head and hold it under hot water for 30 seconds as well. It allows the hole to soften up and become more pliable. It won't damage the paint or ruin the shape. Push the ball joint in and you should be good to go. It's easy getting the joint in to the body. Make sure it's good and centered and push!

Boiling water? Sounds like risky business.

Boiling water? Sounds like risky business.

Nope. You get the water to boiling point than remove it from the burner. You're only putting the head in for 30 seconds.

If that makes people uncomfortable, you can also put a cup of water in the microwave for 30 seconds and do it the same way.

I've done it both way on hot toys without any damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back