HT - M ICON- MIS06 Michael Jackson(Billie Jean/History Tour)- full spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT - M ICON- MIS06 Michael Jackson- full spec + hi-res pics

Im happy that Micheal is getting some respect thesedays but it takes the gravest of all circumstances for "Wacko Jacko" to become the King once again? And now its cool to like his music again, buy his T shirts, anything you can get your hands on? I know this happens after someone dies but to go from a living joke to this, is very hypocritical when it comes to the general public, just very unfortunate, i wish he were alive to see that people still respect him despite of the popular opinion, at least in this country that he was a child molesting disfigured monster. Its not like Elvis, who may have been not in the best of lights when he died either, this was far more severe. I have to admit as much as Im thrilled with the embrace of him and his music in recent weeks it really also somewhat disgusts me at the same time.

He was the coolest thing I could imagine as a kid, I have elvis and Johnny cash and Hendrix figures too but they don't have as personal a connection to my childhood as michael jackson, a figure I knew i needed to have way before he died.

I'm glad to hear that from a True Fan. I'm not going to lie about what I thought of Michael when he was alive. To me, his changing appearance was difficult for me to accept and it made me wonder why is he was doing this to himself? the public made him out to become a walking joke with all the child molestation stories changing hands on a yearly basis. No wonder when people saw that scene from Scary Movie 3 where Michael is impersonated fairly well, it was funny to people because that was what Michael was made out to be in that point of his career.

And even when Michael made an appearance in Men in Black 2 I even start wonder if Michael knew the public was making fun of him for doing that scene. The facts became very clear, unless you were a die hard fan of Michael Jackson, people laughed at what he had become with all the accusations, and incidents. Such as when he got too excited and dangled his baby out his window while in Berlin. After that people criticized Michael and it was really hard to take his career seriously. But I can swear on my life that I never accused Michael Jackson of being a child molester. I might of laughed when one of my friends joked about the Mukuli Culkin thing, but I never thought that anything was really happening. I thought that whole thing was totally blown out of proportion and I'm glad I was never the one to point that finger like alot of people did.

But Like I said before, when Michael Jackson died, whenever anyone dies for that matter. People feel bad, it's in our nature to feel that remorse. So of course they're going to listen to his music and watch old interviews and buy his merchandise, in order to make up for what is lost. But whenever I thought of Michael Jackson I always thought of Thriller, and Billie Jean, and his moonwalk, and his signature glove. That's all. Because I was born in 89' and I wasn't around during his prime. I was growing up watching Michael in Free Willy music videos, hehe. And speaking of which why wasn't that Free Willy song not on the Number Ones? That was a good song.

Anyway, I wish I would have listened to all his records before he died, I love listening to all of them now, and I appreciate them more now than ever. I can certainly feel all of the heart and soul Michael put into each one of his songs. Just goes to show you he was ONE-OF-A-KIND, you won't find another Michael Jackson in this lifetime. So try to appreciate other celebrities who are now out of their prime. And appreciate all of the people around you as well. They may not have long. Jack Nicholson is my favorite actor and he's not really in his prime anymore, and I loved him Batman, One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest, The Shining, and other films, same with Harrison Ford, I love all of Harrison's movies. I would be heartbroken if they died. But it's life, and we must not take it for granted.

Last edited:

OK, heres Jack Bauers tribute!

5cfc6c96.jpg

The man was a genius and one of the biggest talents we will ever see. But he secretly fought against drug dependency, anxiety, anorexia and body dysmorphia disorder.

Add that to being abused as a child and relating better with children because he himself felt like a kid trapped in a mans body, and you have tabloid gold. He was a troubled soul no doubt, I think he was just a victim of circumstances. On stage he was king, but his personal life was always a violent whirlwind.

If anything good has happened since his death, it's the fact that some people are focusing on the music rather than what he'll look like next or if he'll ever top Thriller.

I always laugh at the critics, wondering if Thriller can be topped...that came out at a time when there was no competition on MTV...when people had to buy music...before MP3's...

That type of thing can never be duplicated. Was it fair to ever think Michael could do it?

I see critics still saying Off The Wall & Thriller were perfect albums and his other efforts all fell short. I wonder if I'm the only one who remembers that Off the Wall was great, but leaned so heavily on the disco side that it couldn't have ever shown the world that MJ was capable of so many different styles of music or that Thriller was just the beginning of him branching into other genres. Beat It was a great song, but it was more of a test of MJ branching into rock. Look at Dirty Diana, Give in to Me and Black or White to see the evolution of MJ into rock as he began to look more & more comfortable & expressive with it.

Thriller was a very catchy song. It was basically a love song with a scary movies theme set to a very theatrical video. If we put our own nostalgia aside & put no dividing line between "Black Michael" and "White Michael", we can see that he was doing something much deeper later on with songs like Man in the Mirror, Heal the World, Gone Too Soon, Black or White and Earth Song. Even "Ghosts" was very much dismissed as a Thriller rip-off due to the video, but the song was just a down & dirty soulful song to me that I found to be a great evolution for the singer.

I think part of the reason Off the Wall is seen as so great is because it transcends the disco genre. I can't stand the idea of "disco" or most disco songs, but I love "Off the Wall" and have since the first time I heard it. His musical talent and pop sensibilities are what made that album what it was, and I think that would have come through whether more of a Motown, disco, or 80s-type vibe had colored those songs.

So from my perspective, I think Off the Wall did show the world what he was capable of, possibly as much as Thriller did. The main difference between the two might be simply the great music videos of Thriller which gave him much more of an audience. However, I think Billie Jean, PYT, and Beat It are amongst the best songs that I have heard from him.

Give me "Human Nature" over "PYT", and "Say, Say, Say" was better than "The Girl is Mine".

"Off The Wall" was great, but it was still very much a disco album.

'Off The Wall" was Michael's break out album though (in my opinion anyway), and that's why it's so special.

I need a grammy michael! I think that was his best costume and look, apart from the thriller costume. Anyone else taking apart the billy jean costume to put on black, smiling sculpt MJ when the Thriller version is out this year?

I need a grammy michael! I think that was his best costume and look, apart from the thriller costume. Anyone else taking apart the billy jean costume to put on black, smiling sculpt MJ when the Thriller version is out this year?

That's what I was going to do. Of course I would be saving myself money by just sticking with the Thriller costume, but there is just something about that glove!! I have to have him in a matching outfit with the glove, and not the cheap looking glove that comes with the billy jean figure, I'm talking custom made with individual crystals glued on.

The only outfit to go with the glove is the Grammy 1984 Michael. The Motown I figured would be too plain with solid blacks, with the Grammy costume you get Red, Gold, the striped pants, etc. But LJN's costume is outdated, doesn't anyone on here make them?? Surely there must be someone who does?

That's what I was going to do. Of course I would be saving myself money by just sticking with the Thriller costume, but there is just something about that glove!! I have to have him in a matching outfit with the glove, and not the cheap looking glove that comes with the billy jean figure, I'm talking custom made with individual crystals glued on.

The only outfit to go with the glove is the Grammy 1984 Michael. The Motown I figured would be too plain with solid blacks, with the Grammy costume you get Red, Gold, the striped pants, etc. But LJN's costume is outdated, doesn't anyone on here make them?? Surely there must be someone who does?

You need to invest in one of these...

bedazzler.jpg

and not the cheap looking glove that comes with the billy jean figure, I'm talking custom made with individual crystals glued on.

1/6 scale crystal? I don't think its possible dude. The one that came with the billy jean is good enough for me.

It would be awesome if it were possible to have the glove recreated in 1/6th scale, but the smallest crystal beads I've ever been able to find are 1.8mm

can u guys believe that i bought this figure the day before he died?! guess for how much.....100 bucks!!! lucky bastard huh?

can u guys believe that i bought this figure the day before he died?! guess for how much.....100 bucks!!! lucky bastard huh?

I bought mine for $137, 20 minutes before the official word that he was dead. Twenty minutes after that, the same seller put another up for $5,000.

NICE! ok but did u buy it because u had heard he had a stroke or because u just happend to buy it right there and then? it was just weird because i was so excited when i got it. displayed it and was in love!! the next day im at work and everybodys talking it!! i felt like it was my fault!:confused:

Back