HT jack sparrow (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine stayed fine, no pink at all. I also mixed some brown paint into the water to give the sash a slight dirty look. It worked out rather well....

cjsb2kd7.jpg

That is just stunning Josh. Can't see how it can be improved much at all. I love my FML Jack and won't be getting the HT although it looks great, but I do like how the Med body poses a little better anyway... :D

DSC02263-1.jpg

I'm on the fence about Eliz Swann... I want her, but does anyone here think they may do a limited Blister with her in a more icinic outfit? Pirates II gear maybe?

I'm on the fence about Eliz Swann... I want her, but does anyone here think they may do a limited Blister with her in a more icinic outfit? Pirates II gear maybe?

The Pirates II gear would have been my preference but I ordered the Pirate "King" outfit just in case it doesn't come out.

Guess I'm in the minority. I actually prefer the Pirate King outfit on Swann. Actually didn't think anyone would produce her in it though so this was a very pleasant surprise for me.

Don't get me wrong though, I will not hesitate to buy her in another outfit as well.:cool:

And count me in as ordering the set as well :D

I'm sure they'd have chosen a different outfit, but as far as I know, they only have the AWE license at the moment, Medi, who poorly uses it, may still have the DMC license. Of her AWE outfits, this one or the Singapore outfit would be my choice. Of course my biggest preference would be to have been Orlando's stunt double for the beach scene :)

Thanks for the tips.

I just noticed something on my order for all 3 the product numbers are as follows

6341 - Jack Sparrow
6342 - Sao Feng
6343 - ?
6344 - Elizabeth

I wonder what will be in 6343 spot. Could it be Will. Is he a definite release.

Also isnt there going to be another version of Sao.

The Hot Toys website says Will Turner is coming soon

Ordered Jack. I have no interest in Sao Feng, but I'm on the fence about Elizabeth. I saw her at SDCC, and she looks incredible, but I'm not crazy about the AWE look. I hope Hot Toys comes out with a variant version of her. I'll take her in either the P1 undergown/purple dress or P2 Pirate disguise look.

Guess I'm in the minority. I actually prefer the Pirate King outfit on Swann. Actually didn't think anyone would produce her in it though so this was a very pleasant surprise for me.

Don't get me wrong though, I will not hesitate to buy her in another outfit as well.:cool:

And count me in as ordering the set as well :D

Ordered the set, as well.

I prefer this outfit on Elizabeth as well, but don't get me wrong, I'd love a bathhouse Elizabeth.

Can't wait to get these!

I have a feeling that the HT License includes only likenesses from AWE. Knowing HT though I'm sure it'll expand and we'll see it leaking into DMC and CotBP.....I definitely want Elizabeth in the Yellow and Maroon gowns as well as a "Swashbuckler" Will Turner from the end of CotBP and a Cannibal Jack from DMC....HT could really destroy my wallet with this license. Until then BRING ON DAVY JONES!!!

Well, at Sideshow's price, I don't regret getting one from Toys2. Really, with shipping it'll come to within $15 of what I paid, and I'm getting it next week instead of 4th quarter. Nice to see SS doing this though, and hopefully more joint ventures with HT means good stuff for all of us... :)

I ordered both Jack and Elizabeth, but I might have to cancel because of the Power Loader. Maybe I'll have to get it a little later from a retailer.
Sao Feng looks incredible, but I'd rather spend it on the other two.

Got mine today, sorry no time for pics, I'm actually still in the process of working his outfit to my liking. Overall impression, great figure, but it's not perfect. The eyes look like Johnny in deep focus, but they're missing the qualities that define Jack Sparrow, something only NECA's 12" AWE Jack has shown, and something I'm trying to achieve in my custom Medi Jack. The coat has some nice weathering color worked into it, and the overall material is really nice and as a whole, the figure makes you feel it's worth what you pay. I'm not a fan that the jacket color is a purplish brown tone, it really should be a charcoal or midtone grey shade, but it is something that can be overlooked. Boots are a tad dark like the Medi's, but they're very nicely made. The jacket buttons were an area I had hope HT might go a bit beyond what Medi did, which was glue them on, but it's the same, but hopefully a stronger glue than Medi used. The hair is very soft material, so he has a great range of articulation. I wish his right hand had articulation for some classic Jack poses, but at least his left has a good range. One thing Medi did which I'm a bit surprised HT did not, is to draw the Jack Sparrow tattoo on his arm, true that it wasn't seen post COTBP, but it's still a nice touch, but they do have his weird cut on his jawline, so points for that. The hat sits differently on his head, but better than expected. I think a great deal of my reservations with that hat come from getting so used to how well the head and hat work on the Medi figure, but again, this one isn't as bad a some early images would leave you to believe. The belts are simply beautiful, the buckles have amazing craftsmanship on the designs, the pistol is a sturdier plastic than Medi used, the compas is more film accurate inside, and the sash is both worn on the edges and weathered on the overall material. Customizers will undoubtedly add to or refine this weathering, but for someone wanting Jacky boy to look dirty out the box, this figure has done that. I've very happy with my purchase, and my once position of using this figure just for parts has converted and I'll now just add another fine Jack Sparrow into my collection :) Pics tomorrow. Remember this as the night you almost saw Captain......Jack Sparrow.

Back