HT: Endor Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC there was recently (like post all that controversy) some pewter or metal sculpture of slave leia.

Also literally just last month this Padme from AotC in the SH Figuarts line was released:
View attachment 354837

Yeah there was something recent of Slave Leia like a metal statue that added to the debate of whether or not she was "banned" for merchandise. And yeah I remember that they are making that Padme ripped suit figure, but I feel even disney wants to separate from something as that since it shows skin. I know Slave Leia is more extreme, but I feel almost positive under Disney you never get something to this extent and that Dinsey would probably cover her torso up to make it "family friendly"

c8be15695d2b2556dbcff8622e33bb7b.jpg

a2bf59149ad6d791e3959ee22687aef7.jpg

Yeah there was something recent of Slave Leia like a metal statue that added to the debate of whether or not she was "banned" for merchandise. And yeah I remember that they are making that Padme ripped suit figure, but I feel even disney wants to separate from something as that since it shows skin. I know Slave Leia is more extreme, but I feel almost positive under Disney you never get something to this extent and that Dinsey would probably cover her torso up to make it "family friendly"

I don't think it's the skin part of it. The whole thing was people complaining about the "slave" designation for Leia even though it was a fairly modern moniker for her IIRC.

I don't have a Leia but I'm leaning towards this one, I really like the overall look. Although I've been waiting for Bespin Leia.

Its too bad HT made one of Leia's least desirable looks one of their best looking figures. Dammit.

I know - Dammit is right! The idea of this one was tempting me only because I have some old 1/6 Hasbro Speeder Bikes I could use with an Endor Luke and Leia, but they really knocked it out of the park with this one. If it has a "removable" helmet look too, it will be next to impossible to resist.

The amount of announcements HT just made feels crazy. I already have plenty of figures pre-ordered, I hope some of these take awhile before they go up for pre-order. I pre-ordered Jedi Luke right away but with several Marvel figures already per-ordered (to add to my already 16 figure collection), and being tempted to pick up a Wonder Woman (the only DCU figure I will get) I could use a break from all the awesomeness of these upcoming figures.

Besides, When it comes to Star Wars I was trying to keep my collection to basic ANH heroes, Vader, Fett Yoda, a few Troopers, and an evolution of Luke (ANH, Bespin, and Jedi). But Endor Leia, and Hoth Leia can easily be the gateway drug into collecting others. Endor Leia means Endor Luke is a must (even though I already PO'd Jedi Luke), and Hoth Leia, would make me want a Hoth Han and Luke, and/or a "Bespin" Han, to go give me a trio with my Bespin Luke. I managed to stay disciplined and not get SSC version of the ones they made, but Leia is tempting me and HT will have me in on getting those likely future releases if I pick up Hoth and/or Endor Leia.

When I started collecting these high end 1/6 figures it was just going to be the "stand outs" of the characters I liked. I have already over the years collected 'every' version of these characters in other action figure lines and I am not sure I really want to go down that road again at this scale (again - I once had tons of 12" Hasbro too) and for this price. So, I am going to try and resist her; especially the Hoth version, because I know getting these will open up a whole new direction of collecting. Stupid Hot Toys - they are good at keeping us hooked!

I'm the same... I preordered a Hoth Leia with the hope that HT release Hoth versions of Han and Luke. With a new head sculpt (or at least hairstyle) removing the Hoth jacket gives you the Bespin escape figure.

Alternatively both of the Endor figures would really widen their appeal with removable helmets, Luke would have his black outfit for the final third of Jedi and Leia would have her briefing room outfit also.

I'm not sure of the exact details but I remember some mention of them not making another Slave Leia figure or using that image in future (something like that)... Would the passing of Carrie now put a line under that. I'm not sure if there was any discussion with her estate regarding the use of that image but would it be considered distasteful to start using it again after her death?

A slave Leia with visible joints all over? Pass.

One reason I really want the helmet to be "removable" (or two head sculpts) is because with helmet and poncho off you should be able to have this look...

View attachment 354793

This really shouldn't be it's own figure, but part of the Endor figure.

That would raise the price. Why should everyone be forced to pay more for a extra head when most people would just leave it in the box.

Couldn't you just buy the Hoth sculpt if you wanted an HS without the helmet. Pretty sure her hair was the same as ESB when she met Wicket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

not really it looks different. good luck finding an extra hoth leia sculpt. heck I could never find an extra AHN leia sculpt any where even TA or Ebay

Back