HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guyz here my Indy which i finally managed to set him up.Everytime i wanted to finish this guy up something managed to pop up.You know he might not be 100% PERFECT but this is as close as i'm goin to get w/o going the custom route.Who knows maybe Hot toys might tackle this one again and it's good to know that they're on the right track.Anyway,he still far from finished that's for sure!Especially after seeing all the recent crop of PICS.here has peaked my interest again!:wink1:

Looks great CeeemOr! :clap

Hey guyz here my Indy which i finally managed to set him up.Everytime i wanted to finish this guy up something managed to pop up.You know he might not be 100% PERFECT but this is as close as i'm goin to get w/o going the custom route.Who knows maybe Hot toys might tackle this one again and it's good to know that they're on the right track.Anyway,he still far from finished that's for sure!Especially after seeing all the recent crop of PICS.here has peaked my interest again!:wink1:

Wow he looks great in your photos mate really nice work there:hi5:

As always man you are simply kicking ASS on the customs. One of the handful of guys I've seen actually do something to make this look half decent. Bravo! What did you do bro?

Looks great CeeemOr! :clap

Wow he looks great in your photos mate really nice work there:hi5:

Face looks good, ceeemOr!
What do you mean what i did?!That's how it came straight out of the box!:lol THANX Ray & ROry!It means a lot coming from you guyz!:bowI mean if it wasn't for you both i don't think i would've bought this figure to begin with,SERIOUSLY!THANX clparker I'm really glad that you like it!I'm still not done with this figure by a long shot!I was sidetracked for a bit but I'm back on!:wink1:Wor-Gar,THANX BRO!:hi5:I'm really happy that you like the way the face came out!Ray all i did was repaint his head sculpt and painted hair to the face and neck.I also added chest hair but didn't go the sweat route but i was really tempted after seeing how sweet it looks on yours Rory and also Restauranjones(i think thats how its spelled).I repainted the holster,whip holder and his bag strap.I also sewed down his jacket collar but that's it.I'm not finished with this figure but will try to post updates as i finish them.:wink1:

i honestly do not see what everyone is complaining about. i see harrison ford in the sculpt, no question its the best sculpt we've seen so far. hes definetly one of those faces thats hard to get 100% right, but i dont see any fault in this figure. as for ppl saying its "not one of HT's best", ARE THEY NUTS?? this is by far the best indy we've ever seen, and likely the best we'll get for a very long time, unless HT's decides to do more with the line, wich for some reason i doubt anytime soon. i really just dont see what all the belly aching is about.

i honestly do not see what everyone is complaining about. i see harrison ford in the sculpt, no question its the best sculpt we've seen so far. hes definetly one of those faces thats hard to get 100% right, but i dont see any fault in this figure. as for ppl saying its "not one of HT's best", ARE THEY NUTS?? this is by far the best indy we've ever seen, and likely the best we'll get for a very long time, unless HT's decides to do more with the line, wich for some reason i doubt anytime soon. i really just dont see what all the belly aching is about.

Well, at least for a month until this comes out...

trad5.jpg

It's all down to personal taste I guess?
Some people have it and some people don't.

It's like music, some people like Britney Spears, some people like Pink Floyd, Bowie, Daft Punk etc.

Personally, I like my expensive movie-character replica collectibles to look like the person they are supposed to.. But each to their own.

:monkey3

:monkey3

americ3.jpg

Well, at least for a month until this comes out...

trad5.jpg
Is this that magical WGP sculpt that everyone's eagerly waiting for?Can i ask does this sculpt come already painted?IF so,who's doing the paintwork?I'll admit this does look good at this angle but how is the rest of the angles look?^_^

the thing is, no sculpt comes out 100% like the person its trying to be. sure some HT sculpts come out really amazing but even the best HT figures dont come off like 100% like the character they are trying to be. HT just happens to be the best when it come's to getting very close to the character's look. only rarely have i seen HT make a truly, truly TRAGIC looking sculpt that looks nothing like the movie character they are trying to potray. but the last few years, HT has made very little slipups, from what ive seen at least. its like the T2 arnold sculpt. yes it looks like arnold, no doubt. but i think hes got too "big" of a face. a little too blocky. but does that mean it doesnt look like arnold? hell no! its still the best arnold sculpt ive ever seen. same thing with this indiana jones, or the HT jack sparrow.

btw, that CGI "sculpt" may look good now, but EVERYTHING changes when being made into a reality. whether due to manufacturing or paint apps, it never winds up looking 100% like what they are trying to make. but my thing is, as long as they get at least CLOSE to the the character's look, they have done there job. i saw production photo's of this indy, and i immideitly thought "best indiana jones EVER", almost no questions asked, until i started reading some of the REALLY dumb comments made about this figure's sculpt. sorry to say, but i just cant get over how nit picky people are here! this is clearly the #1 indiana jones produced in this scale, heck, any scale. so maybe its just me, but i dont see how any can complain as much as some people here do about this excellent representation of indiana jones. it just staggers me. i mean, if HT made there indy figure look like the hasbro version, then damn, the hate would be justified. but i cant justify the hate shown for this figure. it just boggles the mind.

Last edited:
Is this that magical WGP sculpt that everyone's eagerly waiting for?Can i ask does this sculpt come already painted?IF so,who's doing the paintwork?I'll admit this does look good at this angle but how is the rest of the angles look?^_^

It comes painted (they have several painters incl Peteskywalker) or unpainted. On one of the recent pages, there is a youtube clip of the head being rotated in 3D. The rotation is a bit too fast, but it gives you a better idea. There are 3 diff types/facial expressions, and can come hatless.

FYI, these heads are not cheap - unpainted, it is more than the HT PERS head loose - around $70 I believe. Though it does have the non-removable fedora; the HT one doesn't usually come with the removable HT fedora.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102411

So there's not one specific painter doing the work on this,right?Well,all i can say is GOOD LUCK to all who get this sculpt and i hope it turns out just the way you want it and more!^_^

Lol love Rory's response. Classic :D

That coming from a guy who got about 200 percent more likeness out of this sculpt too.

It's not being nit picky really,.. This is the best Indiana jomes ever because it just is by default. It's just not as good as it should have been so best by default still seems just... Disappointing. Hell I'll admit i definitely like a lot about it, the shoes the map room outfit and the idol stand etc. But calling it "perfect" is something else very few things come close to perfect and this is far from by comparison to the amazing accomplishments by other grails like 89 batman reeve Supes and DX Jack Sparrow where you see generally everyone ranting and raving about how awesome they turned out how can you say people don't have a right to be disappointed by this?

Not speaking for anyone but me here but as an Indy fan I feel gypped... Superman fans got an amazing superman, Batman fans and Jack fans got theirs ( I'm a fan of all three of those too but I'm making a point ) why can't I have am Indy from the same company from the same time frame that is up to standard with those guys?

Lol love Rory's response. Classic :D

That coming from a guy who got about 200 percent more likeness out of this sculpt too.

It's not being nit picky really,.. This is the best Indiana jomes ever because it just is by default. It's just not as good as it should have been so best by default still seems just... Disappointing. Hell I'll admit i definitely like a lot about it, the shoes the map room outfit and the idol stand etc. But calling it "perfect" is something else very few things come close to perfect and this is far from by comparison to the amazing accomplishments by other grails like 89 batman reeve Supes and DX Jack Sparrow where you see generally everyone ranting and raving about how awesome they turned out how can you say people don't have a right to be disappointed by this?

Not speaking for anyone but me here but as an Indy fan I feel gypped... Superman fans got an amazing superman, Batman fans and Jack fans got theirs ( I'm a fan of all three of those too but I'm making a point ) why can't I have am Indy from the same company from the same time frame that is up to standard with those guys?

I agree 100%. It is arguably the best Indy out there, but that's not saying much. I can't possibly believe people think it looks JUST like HF, because it absolutely does not. Is it close? Kinda. As close as say, a stuntman has to be to the actor he is covering for. So yeah, it KINDA looks like HF, but it does not look as good as HT has proven it can. It does not look as close as HT's Supes did to CR, or as close as their Jack Sparrow/Sweeney Todd did to Depp. That's the level I judged it on. HT set the bar--I didn't.

It all comes down to your own personal tolerance of what is acceptable. Some people are fine with this figure because it's close enough. They got the general look right and that makes them plenty happy. I personally think HT's Bespin Luke looks good enough. I know some people are criticizing it because it doesn't look like Hamill, and I can accept that. I can acknowledge that it's not a perfect likeness, but it would be good enough for me. If I was buying Luke I would be perfectly happy with that sculpt.

So I can see how some might be okay with this Indy, and that's cool and all, but I cannot understand how anyone can say this figure is perfect as is. :dunno

I like it alot- NO HT sculpt/figure is near perfect or even close. You can't replicate a real human being to 1/6...
and as a serious Indy fan I'm very pleased with it...

I like it alot- NO HT sculpt/figure is near perfect or even close. You can't replicate a real human being to 1/6...
and as a serious Indy fan I'm very pleased with it...and I DO have an eye for these things

Have you seen their Christopher Reeve or Captain Jack? Just saying, and I love my Indy.

the thing is, no sculpt comes out 100% like the person its trying to be. sure some HT sculpts come out really amazing but even the best HT figures dont come off like 100% like the character they are trying to be. HT just happens to be the best when it come's to getting very close to the character's look. only rarely have i seen HT make a truly, truly TRAGIC looking sculpt that looks nothing like the movie character they are trying to potray. but the last few years, HT has made very little slipups, from what ive seen at least. its like the T2 arnold sculpt. yes it looks like arnold, no doubt. but i think hes got too "big" of a face. a little too blocky. but does that mean it doesnt look like arnold? hell no! its still the best arnold sculpt ive ever seen. same thing with this indiana jones, or the HT jack sparrow.

btw, that CGI "sculpt" may look good now, but EVERYTHING changes when being made into a reality. whether due to manufacturing or paint apps, it never winds up looking 100% like what they are trying to make. but my thing is, as long as they get at least CLOSE to the the character's look, they have done there job. i saw production photo's of this indy, and i immideitly thought "best indiana jones EVER", almost no questions asked, until i started reading some of the REALLY dumb comments made about this figure's sculpt. sorry to say, but i just cant get over how nit picky people are here! this is clearly the #1 indiana jones produced in this scale, heck, any scale. so maybe its just me, but i dont see how any can complain as much as some people here do about this excellent representation of indiana jones. it just staggers me. i mean, if HT made there indy figure look like the hasbro version, then damn, the hate would be justified. but i cant justify the hate shown for this figure. it just boggles the mind.

:exactly::goodpost:

I HAVE those figures- still not close to perfection but outstanding as 1/6 figures,. no doubt about it

Yea but what he's saying is that their standard and Indy's standard are very different things,

Perfection Is subjective anyway... but you look at the whole picture... You survey 10 people about superman and 8 or 9 will say its a GREAT likeness. 2 will say its a PRETTY GOOD likeness.

You survey 10 for Indy 2 will say it is a GREAT likeness, 3 will say it is a PRETTY GOOD likeness and five will say it is a NOT SO GOOD likeness..

That's a bad verdict if you ask me, Indy fans will feel dissappointed even though it's the best Indy they have, it's not the best Indy they could have had.

yes hot toys misses their mark sometimes, people dispute the likenesses of figures like Alice and Tron Jeff bridges, but no ones out saying it looks like their stunt double.

Subjective or not this is not up to standard for hot toys, majority opinion considered... I'd rank it a big flop. Profitability wise? Not sure, based off what it is I'd wager it did well for the company regardless.

I would agree that the Hot Toys is as yet the best 1:6 scale Indy available to buy, however being a huge Indy fan and knowing the movies and the costume from each film I also feel for everything it does right it also lacks in many areas. First the belts are off and not the proper color for Raiders but easily fixed with Mike Fishers rig. The shirt is too white and doesn't have the slight grey tint. The HT Indy sculpt is a good sculpt and has the realistic look HT is known for, but as its been stated over and over the head sculpt is lacking that instantly recognizable Harrison Ford sculpt. For me the sculpt makes or breaks the figure since I collect mostly movie figures. If the sculpt is off the whole figure is going to suffer from it. While I think Trevor's SS Indy has the best likeness produced so far, something with the fedoras size didn't translate well and the crown is way to small, not to mention the horrible SS production paint app. As for the Raiders or Cairo turn on Indy's fedora, (easily his most recognizable accessory) Trev nailed it while Hot Toys ignored it. I'm curious to see the WGP piece since it appears they have captured both the likeness and the proper fedora bash. If the WGP sculpt turns out as good as it looks to be, the only thing I could wish for is them finding some magical way of them creating the sculpt so we could transplant the PERS system into it.

Last edited:
Back