HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
348DSC_6781a_3x4.jpg

Damn what actor does he look like? Can't place it...:duh:lol

hey Wookster, who was this guy supposed to be in alien?

He was originally cast as Kane and indeed had started shooting when he took ill and was diagnosed with diabetes. He was replaced with John Hurt.
The rest as they say is history.

348DSC_6781a_3x4.jpg

I'm getting quite a bit of Jon Finch coming through, for anyone who's into the history of A L I E N they'll know why they used him.... if it is?

Here are some ref shots of the actor-
https://au.geocities.com/ujfs_au/imagegallery.htm

You'll find some shots of him as Kane at the bottom, sans moustache.

Who TF is this Guy?

I'm getting a John Phillips Mama's and the Papa's vibe. :lol Just change the hat.

Good call on John Holmes too. :lol

There's also quite a bit of Nicholas Courtney as the Brigadier from Doctor Who-

225px-The_Brigadier.jpg

nicholas_courtney.jpg

He was originally cast as Kane and indeed had started shooting when he took ill and was diagnosed with diabetes. He was replaced with John Hurt.
The rest as they say is history.

thanks for the info Wook, i didnt know! but i think Hurt's role as Kane was excellent.......to bad about him being such a b.... about the likeness issue.

he just looks like some bloke with a tash , not remotely like any actor,i think it is bad that john hurt wont allow his likeness , and tom skerrit has no problem with his likeness ,i was looking forward to the kane figure but not so much now.

yeah, quite annoying - thankfully there is the facehugger sculpt. it's not ideal for me, but the way he will be displayed now that i have seen this face sculpt.

well, i just caved and ordered dallas too, these pictures were all so great and the figure looks frikkin amazing that it was tough trying not to order. guess i'm gonna have to cancel my snake eyes and cobra commander.....we'll see.

Back