HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 day notices! I don't even think I can wait that long for this first Alien Nostromo Spacesuit figure.

Does anyone have experience with the wait time from Cornerstore Comics? Do they ship before, at the same time as, or after Sideshow?

Just waiting impatiently for Dallas...

20 day notices! I don't even think I can wait that long for this first Alien Nostromo Spacesuit figure.

Does anyone have experience with the wait time from Cornerstore Comics? Do they ship before, at the same time as, or after Sideshow?

Just waiting impatiently for Dallas...

your looking at about a month after.

What kind of problems can I expect with the PVC? I'm only going to open these guys up, put them together in a simple standing pose, and display them behind glass. Will the PVC deteriorate? Thanks for the input...

:confused:

PVC in my experience deteriorates faster than a cloth costume. And although PVC makes for a great looking sculpt, this feels more like an action figure than a true 1/6 scale figure to me.

Also there's the usual dangers about PVC: "The Poison Plastic"...

https://www.chej.org/BESAFE/pvc/index.htm

PVC in my experience deteriorates faster than a cloth costume. And although PVC makes for a great looking sculpt, this feels more like an action figure than a true 1/6 scale figure to me.

Also there's the usual dangers about PVC: "The Poison Plastic"...

https://www.chej.org/BESAFE/pvc/index.htm

Funny, where I work at "PVC" is now on the prohibitied materials list. Anything that includes PVC must be replaced. You'd be surprised how much crap has PVC in it.

I finally caved and put an order in for each of these, finding in-stock store was tough at this point in the game. I'm into this line (alien/predator) now too, great. :rolleyes: But I promise I will NOT be a completist in this line. No way. Just plan on getting stuff from here on out unless I can find any of the older stuff for much less than going rates.

Well just been notified by ABC that the 2nd shipment from Hot Toys of Kanes, yep Kanes, will be with them in 2 weeks time at which point they will be shipping both of them together as they already have my Dallas waiting for me :chew oh happy days.

pic001.jpg

pic002.jpg

pic003.jpg

pic005.jpg

pic012.jpg

pic018.jpg

Kane:

Too bad it doesn't look like him.
pic022.jpg

pic024.jpg

Things that are worth mentioning:

Hot Toys put in a foam-rubber pad inside of the helmet to protect the back of the figure's head.

The joints are very stiff. Sure it's a True-type body, but it really holds the poses well. More than you would expect.

The suit itself is very soft. Kinda like the jaw parts of the aliens, or Predator2's dreads.
It does get in the way of the full range of motion, but nothing that isn't overshadowed by the figures awesomeness.

If any of you have any picture requests, please feel free to ask.

pic025.jpg

From some angles, it might seem like the head is too low, but rest assured...it's at the right height. From a normal from angle, you can see his head just fine.

pic027.jpg

pic030.jpg

pic031.jpg

pic036.jpg

pic037.jpg

pic032.jpg

pic038.jpg

The LEDs on this figure is really bright. So much so, that it messes with the focus of my camera. :(

outstanding bro!!! can't wait to get this...

so for those pics of Kane, it's hard for me to tell, but if the mustache is removed, does it look more like Kane?

so overall, an awesome buy with no major complaints?

outstanding bro!!! can't wait to get this...

so for those pics of Kane, it's hard for me to tell, but if the mustache is removed, does it look more like Kane?

so overall, an awesome buy with no major complaints?

Kane's mustache seems to be painted on.
Sadly that won't do much for the character. The sculpt itself seems to be a bit off.

I LOVE this figure. A great buy.
Figuremaster Les can take a well deserved break on this one. :lol

Kane's mustache seems to be painted on.
Sadly that won't do much for the character. The sculpt itself seems to be a bit off.

I LOVE this figure. A great buy.
Figuremaster Les can take a well deserved break on this one. :lol

too bad about Kane... i guess he'll be displayed with his facehugger.

counting down the days for Sideshow to ship this.

:rotfl on the Les comment!

Thanks a lot for the review and all the pics. They sold me the figure.
I ordered mine 5 minutes ago though I still think the head is far too low. I wasn't sure but I just watched the movie again and now I have no doubt about it. Maybe I'll find some ways to fix it.

Sylvain

Nice, Facebox!

Great pics!

Request: extreme close-up of Dallas' face without helmet on. Please.

Maybe also the inner box.

Also, if you have the time, just take more pics, they're awesome!

man this really tempting me to buy dallas too, preordered kane about 2 o 3 days ago.....thanks to fellow freaks wor-gar and deak starkiller for the advice.....but lookin at faceboxs' pics......damn!!!!

Back