HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question! :monkey3 What colour paint are you guy using to paint wolfs cannons that copper colour? I have orderd copper paint, but from the photo's I might have to mix it. Any tips anyone?

Yes. Testors Model Master Acryl Acrylics. All colors flats, overcoats semi-gloss. Gloss coat all armor also, not just skin. Wolf was wet looking all the time.

Skin: Flat White, Skin tone light(creamy color), Insignia Yellow, Leather, Burnt Umber, Flat Black

Armor & Mask: Steel, Silver, Burnt umber, Flat Black. (also used Krylon Silver leafing pen for highlights)

Guns: Gold, Burnt sienna, Steel, Flat Black

That's it. Just use in the correct combos and with care.

Here ya go.

Sorry for posting these two posts simultaneously.

Just popping in to let ya's all know that I got my Wolf's body back from ABC, with the leg intact. Took a little while is all. Now to make the cannon mod, and then I can relax.

Good news Creech. Hope my color list helped ya. Gold mixed with Burnt Sienna is perfect. Don't do copper as it's too metallic. And don't put it on too evenly either. Sloppier and a bit more daubed on, the more movie accurate.

Couldnt wait any longer so just bought this guy on ebay! :D should get him in a few days! I just figured I can sell mine when it finally arrives :banana

Couldnt wait any longer so just bought this guy on ebay! :D should get him in a few days! I just figured I can sell mine when it finally arrives :banana
I would too if I had the money right now. :monkey2 I'm still waiting on my invoice from Toys2. I better start selling some stuff!!! :eek:

I think I was starting to get a little crazy waiting and the 2nd wave being delayed etc, so just went for it! Now just that excited feeling and hours of fun tracking :lol

give it a couple of months before you sell your second one hot toys preds seem to be getting very popular these days im sure youll be able to get a very good price :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Damn Wolf Predator!!! Plans was to just purchase Wolf Pred...Now I preordered SSC Exclusive Cleaner Wolf, Hot Toys Batman and Joker, DC Direct Batman and Joker, SSC Snake Eyes Exclusive, SSC General Obi Wan. And of course waiting to preorder Hot Toys Batman (DK Version), Batmobile and Batpod. I know it's not much compared to you other freaks, but damn...this is very addicting.

It is now resurrected! :D

newpics020.jpg

Had to post where I started off saying I'm only just gettin ONE 1:6 figure. Now wanted to share to all that I actually turned into a FREAK.

Since this thread's been ressurected I thought it was about time I posted pictures of my Wolf Predator.

Inspired by the fantastic work that Les and others did, I repainted most of the body. I also repainted the mask and shoulder armour as well as the cannons which I modded according to Mudshark's excellent tutorial.

Wolf1.jpg

Wolf2.jpg

Wolf3.jpg

Wolf4.jpg

Wolf5.jpg

Wolf6.jpg

Wolf7.jpg

My first Hot Toys Predator assembly didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped though. Once I plugged the right fist into it's arm the damn thing wouldn't come off in one piece again - just as the hand with no ball joint attatched! The other arm wouldnt even connect to the elbow and after a good ten minutes of frustrated hair-drying I found that the hole was completely sealed about halfway down by some rogue plastic! :monkey1

Still, it looks so much better now, I couldn't be happier!

Bring on the P1!!! :D

Back