HT AVP: Machiko 1/6 Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent pics and review Adam!

I noticed a few minor issues with my Machiko, can you confirm these issues as well?

1. The plasmacaster pack sits very loosely on the torso armor. I tried bending the tap on the pack to "grip" the slot better but the plastic is way too soft to hold it.

2. Its difficult to find a stable stance (without using the stand) due to her heels and somewhat limited range of motion in her ankles.

I refuse to talk anyway other than how I normally speak. F-bomb this, f-bomb that.

I can't help who I am, lmao. At least around family and children I speak properly, without the profanity.

If you think THAT was bad, you should have heard me and my old punk band, hell, we had profanity in our name.

hey, at least you held your profanity for 2 minutes :lol

Very good review though.

Excellent pics and review Adam!

I noticed a few minor issues with my Machiko, can you confirm these issues as well?

1. The plasmacaster pack sits very loosely on the torso armor. I tried bending the tap on the pack to "grip" the slot better but the plastic is way too soft to hold it.

2. Its difficult to find a stable stance (without using the stand) due to her heels and somewhat limited range of motion in her ankles.

Glad you enjoyed them!

In response to the questions, the caster and pack DO sit somewhat loose on mine. I mean, it doesn't fall right off, but it's very easy to remove. I like that though, sometimes I'd want to rotate the head a bit for a shot, and instead of it being right in the way, I could just pop it off.

I didn't have much trouble posing her at all, I would just position her how I would like her to stand, and try to find where the center of the balance would be, and shift things accordingly. I found that the hip/thigh area having articulation enough to be swiveled made up a bit for the lacking ankle positioning.

And TOE...
The profanity mainly came from the damn scabbard/chains :rotfl

All of the Predator's. I had to take individual pics, and edit it together lol.

2vhyniw.jpg

I didn't put a pic of Machiko in it, because I just couldn't get the size right, lmao.

I'll probably do that sometime. I just need to find a good time to pose them better, and take really good pics of them, with Machiko.

Kinda random, but I hope HT will make a Machiko cosbaby.

awesome vid Adam!!! i love your annoyance towards people who don't want to read the book (awesome book btw, haven't read the other two though).

Thanks man, I'll be doing another one pretty soon. Just an update, I've got a lot of new things I've barely, or not even spoken about.

The book is good, but most people dont like the Yautja crap. That puts a lot of people off. I like my Predators, mean, and mysterious!

I just don't believe in spending money on a character I know nothing about. I could careless how they end up perceiving the whole thing, but I think knowing the background of her character should be a key thing to a collector.

And for the record, I love the Yautja stuff, and it's caught on quite a lot. A good amount of products and websites list it as their 'official' race's name, even though it's not exactly official.

I just don't believe in spending money on a character I know nothing about. I could careless how they end up perceiving the whole thing, but I think knowing the background of her character should be a key thing to a collector.

And for the record, I love the Yautja stuff, and it's caught on quite a lot. A good amount of products and websites list it as their 'official' race's name, even though it's not exactly official.

You know enough about the Predators from the movie.

And I know you do. But most people, aside from hardcore fans dont like the Yautja. Go to AvPgalaxy, or AXP. Ask them about the Yautja. They'll tell ya,

I have a question about the Machiko figure.
Will she be more like the Hot Toys POTC or more like the Predator's where you have to assemble her?:confused:
:chew

You know enough about the Predators from the movie.

And I know you do. But most people, aside from hardcore fans dont like the Yautja. Go to AvPgalaxy, or AXP. Ask them about the Yautja. They'll tell ya,
AvPGalaxy is a bad example, they don't even know their ass from a hole in a wall, muchless what they like or hate. For fans, they never, EVER stop ^^^^^ing. - For fans with so much to say about what should be, and shouldn't be... I've read a lot of their fan fiction crap, and listened to ideas... and they make AVP look like the best movie ever.

Nevertheless, I know what you mean. We have to remember though, Steve Perry had to find a way to link everything in the comics together for a novel... sure, it was mostly all there, but comics rely a lot on pictures to get things implied... so he had to create something. - And in my mind, from what we've seen in movies, his ideas could be actual canon if explored in future movies, they aren't THAT far off base. - As far as the casual fan, most of my friends have read my books, and share my opinion that the Yautja stuff holds up on it's own with the movies. Heck, Amazon has not one negative review.

I have a question about the Machiko figure.
Will she be more like the Hot Toys POTC or more like the Predator's where you have to assemble her?:confused:
:chew
It's mostly all assembled. I'd say 95% of the work is done.

SPEAK NOW!!!!!!!:monkey3:monkey3

Hahaha, just gimmie about a day or two. I'm going to take a lot of photos of stuff I couldn't before with the small box I used. I'm also going to use it as an chance to get rid of the horrid green Billiken Predator I have. Hopefully, someone will see it, and want to repaint it.

Back