HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I sold a HT Dog Alien to a customer. The customer had problems attaching the right leg. So I advised him to use the hair dryer. He informed me that he used the hair dryer for 30 minutes and managed to attach the right leg but it was extremely loose.

He has asked for a replacement which I did get one for him but the replacement Dog Alien had the same socket ball joint problem as the first piece I sold him. From what I read all the HT Dog Aliens have this problem. The customer is too afraid to use the hair dryer, fearing it might loosen the friction between the socket and the ball joint. Do you guys have any easy way to fix the attachment problem ? Any advice is appreciated !

Hi all,

I sold a HT Dog Alien to a customer. The customer had problems attaching the right leg. So I advised him to use the hair dryer. He informed me that he used the hair dryer for 30 minutes and managed to attach the right leg but it was extremely loose.

He has asked for a replacement which I did get one for him but the replacement Dog Alien had the same socket ball joint problem as the first piece I sold him. From what I read all the HT Dog Aliens have this problem. The customer is too afraid to use the hair dryer, fearing it might loosen the friction between the socket and the ball joint. Do you guys have any easy way to fix the attachment problem ? Any advice is appreciated !

I didn't seem to have as much of a problem. I just lined it up then pressed together 'REALLY HARD' and it clicked into place.
It's a case of gentle but firm with confidence I think!

Hi all,

Honestly you don't *have* to heat/soak/sand anything. Its a case of lining the ball into the socket and brute force; AND LOTS OF PATIENCE.

If brute force isn't an option, use a flat hard surface (kitchen table as I've done) or a stable flat desk. Position the figure on a towel or anything to keep it from slipping and/or paint rubbing off. I laid my figure sideways.

Line up the ball into the socket, grip on the plastic part with the leg skin pulled back, use the table and your weight to force it in.

I am pretty sure the first time won't work. This is where patience comes into play. Chances are the ball socket WILL slip the wrong way. Line it up and do it again. Don't loose your cool. Try it again.

When a loud pop is heard, that's it :banana But it WILL feel like you're about to break it. I'm all for tight joints but shesh that's crazy!

With the first figure I had, I tried heating and soaking the joint in hot water, the rubber tore and paint peeled. For the heck of it I use the table and POP, it went in. I felt silly as heck :banghead but I did get a replacement. I done what I did before and it went in with /no/ problem :joy

What i did, i used a very sharp steak knife and just grinded the socket in a circular motion about maybe 3 takes of 15 or so circular grinds on the socket then i pushed that shat in like a mutha facka..still was hard to get on but, it got on faster and was still tight and not loose at all, i will advise anyone that gets this though to be carefull standing it up in a detolf, that glass and those small hooves are no good for keeping this figure up..you really got to balance it out well..you know you don't want to have it fall forward at you when you open a detolf, once that dome ever got scratched it will totally ruin the figures look.

Well after a month of owning this previously described defective figure.I have another problem happening before my eyes:google.The rubber on the right leg on the lower articulation point(knee) has now started to degrade.The paint is coming off the front of the joint and the rubber has separated and started splitting up the leg and I can see the white plastic joint underneath.:banghead

I have done nothing but display it in a case in an air conditioned room and kept it away from any sun light.I didn't even handle it without rubber gloves.

I am definitely not a happy camper right now:mad::mad::mad:.I am now going to send a follow up email(still waiting for a response to the first one) to Hot Toys about this as well.

This is just plain BS!

Well after a month of owning this previously described defective figure.I have another problem happening before my eyes:google.The rubber on the right leg on the lower articulation point(knee) has now started to degrade.The paint is coming off the front of the joint and the rubber has separated and started splitting up the leg and I can see the white plastic joint underneath.:banghead

I have done nothing but display it in a case in an air conditioned room and kept it away from any sun light.I didn't even handle it without rubber gloves.

I am definitely not a happy camper right now:mad::mad::mad:.I am now going to send a follow up email(still waiting for a response to the first one) to Hot Toys about this as well.

This is just plain BS!

Man that's terrible. Deepest sympathies. You know it confuses the hell out of me that Hot Toys can and do produce some of the best figures out there, but cant seem to get the quality and aruguably the sculpts right with their Alien figures. The first Hot Toys figure I bough was the AVP version. I've hardly touched the darn thing as I don't have a lot of space and don't tend to display most of my figs the Alien being one of them. It's been in a box all of the time I have owned it. And the rubber on the body has split at the back near the dorsal pipes. How this happened I really don't know as I haven't really touched the bloody thing, but there you go. :confused:

Damn, that is terrible news.
I still have mine on pre-order (pile of loot) at BBTS, should I cancel that sucker?
I mean, it makes no sense to get a figure that will fall apart like that...

MY DRAGON CAME!!! :rock here are the pictures
Picture001-3.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

why would you buy a hot toys item from play.com?

Damn, that is terrible news.
I still have mine on pre-order (pile of loot) at BBTS, should I cancel that sucker?
I mean, it makes no sense to get a figure that will fall apart like that...

I wouldn't cancel it. Mine has a few loose joints but it's workable. If you get it, make sure it's from a place that takes returns for defective merch. I went thru Sideshow because they are by far the best when it comes to this. BBTS I have heard nothing but great things when it comes to customer service, so you should be safe.

I wouldn't cancel it just based on my experience so far.Even though the situation doesn't look good for me.I believe with all the problems I have had that mine is just a lemon/defective.This is my first Alien figure so I don't have any previous experience with them and I would find it hard to believe that they all fall apart like this.I would like to have it replaced for another one,but I don't know if that is going to happen.

Here are some pictures of the leg with the rubber coming off.The tears are right above the lower knee.It is also tearing a little further up,but you can't see it in the picture.I have had the leg in that same position since I've put it in the display case because I can't put it in any other position due to the other leg having a stuck joint,so my pose ability is very limited with the legs. I haven't been moving it or messing with it to cause such a problem.

Last edited:
Mind you, I haven't touched my dog alien in about 3 weeks. Its been on display and has never fallen. Last night, to my horror I tried straightening out the right leg (which was bent for 3 weeks) and the skin behind the knee ripped off!! Also, the joint which used to have some kind of ratcheting action does not ratchet any more.. so sad..

Mind you, I haven't touched my dog alien in about 3 weeks. Its been on display and has never fallen. Last night, to my horror I tried straightening out the right leg (which was bent for 3 weeks) and the skin behind the knee ripped off!! Also, the joint which used to have some kind of ratcheting action does not ratchet any more.. so sad..

Jeez man, sorry to hear that. Hot Toys really seem to have quality problems with their Alien figures.

Trust me I know how you feel.:sickI was hoping mine was going to be a unique problem in this regard.So much for that being the case.

I'll say it again...I REALLY wish they'd switch to a plastic material and give up on this crappy rubber junk. :duh

Back