HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i recieved mine just a hour ago, the smell coming off this thing in my room is going to make me pass out ha, well...it looks great..seems like its not as glossy as some of the pics i viewed on here..the lips on mine seem to be lacking gloss..well, around the mouth area and parts of the legs..the torso looks fine..it has shine in various spots..i just got to put him together soon..i am thinking maybe the cold weather might had effected the glossyness of the figure maybe..bah..i am still satisfied, looks awesome.

The shine on mine is pretty much gone also. I also used sand paper to sand down the socket, otherwise I was looking like a teakettle with smoke coming out of my ears. I love the HT Aliens but man they need to work on getting these a little easier to assemble.

I don't understand why they don't come fully assembled anyway. Its absurd. In a way this figure just doesn't seem 'new' to me now because of the sheer amount of force and hand manipulation I had to use in the first hour of owning it - I can't tell how much paint got removed during my efforts nor how close to breaking point I brought the ball joints - not only on the leg I was trying to put in but the other leg too. I won't be surprised if in a few weeks time I pick this guy up and one or both of the legs just fall off. Ridiculous situation.

Well, i recieved mine just a hour ago, the smell coming off this thing in my room is going to make me pass out ha, well...it looks great..seems like its not as glossy as some of the pics i viewed on here..the lips on mine seem to be lacking gloss..well, around the mouth area and parts of the legs..the torso looks fine..it has shine in various spots..i just got to put him together soon..i am thinking maybe the cold weather might had effected the glossyness of the figure maybe..bah..i am still satisfied, looks awesome.

the smell of mine has only just gone and i have had it for about 3 weeks:lol

Well, second day with the Dog Alien in my room, out in the open...the smell of of something similar to gas still in the air..i am surprised i don't have Natives surrounding my place for a sniff in here :p.

I can't get the freakin leg in!, i guess its hairdryer time..i really had to put lots of force on it and its scary when you feel the rubber sliding on the leg.

I tried the hairdryer - maybe I didn't use it for long enough but it didn't work for me. In the end it was just brute force. Lay the figure down, strip back the rubber on the leg, line up the joints, push with all your strength and pray the other leg doesn't snap off from the stress. Stupid, stupid HT alien. Its one extreme or the other.

Facking ell!, i will attempt it again in a hour..i was thinking about using vasoline(just a smear on the ball joint) but, i am scared with that as it does eat rubber i believe...i even tried a bit of lotion on the ball joint and no luck..the problem is how deep the socket is and the angle you have to get it in on with so much force..i am afraid the hard piece in the leg will slip down and tear maybe sometime..i paid a good amount for this so(WTF! Hot Toys!)QC! QC!, my RoboCop was not even close to being as difficult...i got minor paint rub from forcing the leg on as well but, its in a spot where you will not see once the leg is on..its a shame..i want to make mine look more wet looking as well when i get it together..if there is a safe way to do that ofcourse.

Well, got the leg in after shaving the leg socket, glad thats all over...the thing looks pretty dry now..i want to figure out some way of making this thing look more wet again.

Last edited:
..i want to figure out some way of making this thing look more wet again.

Me too. Mine has no shine left on it. I just don't want to experiment and end up destroying the rubber. So has anyone used anything to give the Aliens their shine back?

I put mine together without much of a struggle.I guess the trade off for me getting an easy assembly was the fact that my lower articulation point on the left leg is stuck and won't budge,the dome has scuff mark that runs down half the right side of the head where the protective plastic film was and to add to it the upper lip on mine is higher on one side than the other and was not attached to the mouth correctly giving it horse gums with an Elvis lip curl!:mad:

I emailed Hot Toys about it.I hope I get an email back.

Has anybody else noticed little orange spots on theirs?Is this the paint coming off?

View attachment 13892

View attachment 13893

I put mine together without much of a struggle.I guess the trade off for me getting an easy assembly was the fact that my lower articulation point on the left leg is stuck and won't budge,the dome has scuff mark that runs down half the right side of the head where the protective plastic film was and to add to it the upper lip on mine is higher on one side than the other and was not attached to the mouth correctly giving it horse gums with an Elvis lip curl!:mad:

I emailed Hot Toys about it.I hope I get an email back.

Has anybody else noticed little orange spots on theirs?Is this the paint coming off?

View attachment 13892

View attachment 13893

Look on the bright side...the lip thing on yours is actually pretty accurate to the movie. The Alien spent ALOT of time curling it's lips back and showing gums. It even had the "Elvis" curl to it a couple of times.

Yea mine has the little orange spots..i just carefully picked them off..Hot Toys has to tell us what they used to give it the shine it has...this would be a great improvement...for the over all look.

I think the shine might be silicone lubricant. At least it sort of smells like it. Just a hunch but I'm afraid to spray it all over.

Maybe someone can ask Hot Toys directly what they use to gloss them..its worth a shot.

It's lubricant.

It protects he rubber and keeps it from sticking to the plastic tray.

You are sure? because most of it is in the rib area and neck of my Dog Alien..wonder what type of lub this would be..like where to but, what to look for...i might just shoot a message off to Hot Toys on facebook..ask them what they use.

I have pictures of the lip curling from the movie and that looks cool on the real prop,but my figure just looks goofy like Mr.ED.I wanted it to look normal like it is supposed to look(menacing)not comical.

I have pictures of the lip curling from the movie and that looks cool on the real prop,but my figure just looks goofy like Mr.ED.I wanted it to look normal like it is supposed to look(menacing)not comical.

Your's like that too?! The lips on mine are so crooked one side of the upper jaw corner isn't even painted :mad:

You are sure? because most of it is in the rib area and neck of my Dog Alien..wonder what type of lub this would be..like where to but, what to look for...i might just shoot a message off to Hot Toys on facebook..ask them what they use.

Val, post what they say if you get an answer, please!

One of the flaws of this figure is that it doesn't look menacing at all. The face looks goofy with or without an elvis lip curl because of the fish mouth and forward pointing teeth. So I wouldn't worry about it.

One of the flaws of this figure is that it doesn't look menacing at all. The face looks goofy with or without an elvis lip curl because of the fish mouth and forward pointing teeth. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's what one of the guys at The Hive did with the mouth on his A3.

A little super glue and BAM!

A3custom.jpg

A3custom1.jpg

Back