How to save $$ on Shipping?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice Adrenochrome

Super Freak
Reaction score
Communication is a great thing. So I bring this before you. Sideshow, how about a similar shipping service like the one BBTS offers: the pile of loot. Here is how it works:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/content.aspx?content=4
Up side: collectors can save lots and lots of money, because their items get 'piled', until they wish they be send to them. Why? It more than sux when you have to pay half the price of a 12" figure, just to get it shipped to your door:

12" LotR figure: $64.99
shipping for that figure: $34.21
An other advantage of this is, when you are o.k. with the pile of loot, you don't have to ask the SSC CS to consolidate your orders. The items just stay where they are, until you ask SSC to ship them to you.

Down side: if you cancel an item, it's value will become company credit.

I could live with that. Or something similar, like loosing reward points or something. Or perhaps, this service could be made available only to collectors which have placed a certain amount of orders in the past? This would also force some collectors to make more profound choice about which item to order, and which to pass on.

If European/international collectors can save a buck by waiting a little longer for their items, why not? We are used to wait for our items - even after the recent modifications to the EU warehouse - which, frankly, didn't change much in regards to delivery time.

SSC and Freaks, discuss!

I would trade my right thumb for this service!

SSC has been great lately to Canadian customers - shipping out 2 1/6 characters at the same time if their shipping dates are similar - but if I could hold off to ship 5 or even a PF + some of the 1/6 at the same time, I could save so much money it would be insane.
Of course, the shipping savings would likely go into more pre-orders, but then EVERYONE WINS!

SSC this would be the BEST CHANGE ever for us canucks.:chew

I wish they could do something like that but they keep saying they don't have the warehouse space or some such nonsense. Even if they would hold shipping just the 12" figures for 2 weeks that would help out with an easy hold system. I have had about 5 figures delivered in the last few weeks that all came seperately.

I know that the warehouse gets completely full on a regular basis now. That's why they only can ship together if you request it and if the items are arriving within a 2 week time frame.

BBTS must have an incredibly huge warehouse for them to be able to do this. Or they don't get that many requests.

I think for most USA collectors individual shipping usually isn't a problem, but I certainly see the side of foreign collectors. I would hate to pay 50% more for each figure for shipping. So maybe now that Sideshow has a bigger US warehouse they could work on a Europe and Canadian ones?

I bought Slave Brent a couple of weeks back, and after shipping and duty it cost me over $100. Considering it's a figure in a loin cloth, it was rather steep.

No doubt! Customs for my PF Dagobah Luke was over $100... and since it was broken, and a new one is on route, I might have to pay that again.

No doubt! Customs for my PF Dagobah Luke was over $100... and since it was broken, and a new one is on route, I might have to pay that again.

Aaaaargh!!! My brother works for another shipping company and when I told him about Jabba and his throne (and their respective weight) he said that I was probably paying the same amount as the actual items just for shipping and customs-- he was right!!!

Being on the other side of the border I'm having to revisit my collecting philosophy--- I'm looking at cancelling my 12" Plo Koon Exc. (the double bladed EU lightsaber doesn't do anything for me) and simply getting it from a Canadian supplier...:angrycanu :angrycanu :angrycanu

I could order a whole additional item if I didn't have to pay for the customs and massive shipping fees. Exclusives for me (unless they are incredibly cool or important to the character) might be history due to $$$.

Since I photograph everything, I buy the exclusive through SSC and the regular locally. In most cases, the exclusives when all is said and done cost me about $120 and the regular ones cost me $50. So even selling the exclusive afterwards doesn't break me even.

I just cancelled a bunch of stuff 'coz the shipping and duties are off the charts.

Sadly yes, we have taxes. It's counter balanced by the fact that its a-ok to puff a little boom if that's your thing and women, if they feel like it, can walk around without tops in Vancouver.

Sideshow does make exceptions for International Customers (Canadian) by fulfilling requests to hold and combine orders for 12 inch figures or other items that can easily be combined. We do require that the items are shipping within a few weeks of each other due to space issues, so we would not be able to hold on to multiple items for months until other things came in. That said, we have been able to save our international clients significant money on shipping with these combinations, so please make sure you contact us with that request if that is your wish.

Please keep in mind that larger items such as our Prop replicas, maquettes and premium format figures can not be combined and ship by themselves due to size.

Best,
Sideshow Customer Service

just international buyers in canada get the break? tough luck american and european buyers. looks like bbts is the place to buy your non-exclusives. does bbts ship out of the u.s.? their retail prices and shipping costs are lower than ss but sideshow sometimes has rewards points for purchases so is it a wash? :confused:

Back