How much younger a person can you date and not be a total perv

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I ask, cause a buddy of mine who is married is always telling me to date younger women, in their mid 20s - I am not one to normally reveal my age, but am 40, though I look 30ish easily for whatever reason.

Now, I feel that's way too young, but he tells me I am a prude...

thoughts?

I think mid-late 20's would be acceptable. any lower though and you would be pushing it.

I figure it's better to find someone that's a good fit rather than what they're age is.

With that being said, half your age plus seven is a rule I heard once, so no younger than 27? :lol

I ask, cause a buddy of mine who is married is always telling me to date younger women, in their mid 20s - I am not one to normally reveal my age, but am 40, though I look 30ish easily for whatever reason.

thoughts?

Why date a younger woman? Just date anyone you think you'd like to date. Young, older.......it doesn't matter.

For some reason men seem to think younger is better. That's not always the case. Once you get past the younger "look", you may find little in common with someone young enough to be your daughter. Unless of course you're both into My Little Ponies. :lol

If you are old enough to be her dad, just walk away. I've been hit on more than once by men old enough to be my father. :yuck
I couldn't see myself dating someone as old as ten years older than me; that would be pushing the limit.

4 years younger maximum for me, but I'm in my mid-twenties. Maybe it's different when you're older. I'd think it would be hard for me to relate to someone almost two decades younger than me, though.

Why date a younger woman? Just date anyone you think you'd like to date. Young, older.......it doesn't matter.

For some reason men seem to think younger is better. That's not always the case. Once you get past the younger "look", you may find little in common with someone young enough to be your daughter. Unless of course you're both into My Little Ponies. :lol

Hey what's wrong with My Little Ponys? :monkey3

what you really need to worry about is the maturity level of the girl. Not the age difference.... :monkey1

I would say anything over 18 is ok.

And your buddy just wants you to bring cute young girls around and live through you.

If your 40 and you are tryig to date a girl in her 20s then you are a pervert.a good rule of thumb is if you have to ask if its wrong it probly is.how would you feel if it was your daughter with an older man?

thoughts?

I will say this. After my divorce I dated many younger 20 something's. It's not worth it. Sure it's fun to date young. However most lack maturity and aren't very successful and want to rely on you for everything. I hated it. I dated some real young hotties and was constantly annoyed by them. :lol

Not that I have to worry about it but my age limit has been 22. It'll hang there until I go over 40 in 10 years when it'll move to 23. The rule of thumb a buddy of mine who hit the 40 year old mark was that you ____ girls in their 20s, hang out with girls in their 30s and complain to women in their 40s. Sounds like a nice range to have.

If your 40 and you are tryig to date a girl in her 20s then you are a pervert.a good rule of thumb is if you have to ask if its wrong it probly is.how would you feel if it was your daughter with an older man?

is everyone using the word pervert correctly? im not so entirely sure,
a person in their 40s dating someone in their 20s, yeah it could be a little odd but i dont know, is not That bad, I mean, the girl in her 20s would have to agree to going out with the guy in his 40s, is not just the guy, what's in it for the girl? money? a Gold digger? isn't that worst? what if she really likes him?
a girl that dates an older guy with a motive? or those college girls that have things with teachers and married men... Sure the men could be labeled as pigs and whatnot, but its interesting, like i Said, It takes Two to tango, a guy could be 40 wanting to date a 23 year old, but, the only way he could is if he find a girl attracted to him, and if a Girl Is in fact attracted to him, Who are you to call him a perv? what if she is the one flirting with him, is he still a Perv?

Not that I have to worry about it but my age limit has been 22. It'll hang there until I go over 40 in 10 years when it'll move to 23. The rule of thumb a buddy of mine who hit the 40 year old mark was that you ____ girls in their 20s, hang out with girls in their 30s and complain to women in their 40s. Sounds like a nice range to have.

Aren't you married? :rotfl

I keed!

Back