How Much Should I Pay??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I found a one of my grails "Sideshow 1/4 Dog Alien Maquette" at a local shop near my house, but the guy want's $1200. This is obviously too high. I actually wouldn't mind paying the original retail price.

So how much should I talk him down too?

Last edited:
I would probably try and take him down to the original retail price, $900, and not pay anything above $1,050.

Also sending you a pm about this local shop. I live in the Chicago area.

My LCS still has one for $900 + tax, so offer him something in that range.
What he's asking is too high. ($1000 seems about right)

Last edited:
Offer him $1000 + tax max.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/whos-the-best-batman-voice-in-animation-you-decide/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/whos-the-best-batman-voice-in-animation-you-decide/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Seems fair to me...

Hey Facebox. Could you please tell me what the name of your LCS is? I am very interested in picking up this maquette. Also, is the Alien 3 maquette on display or still in the box? Thanks for your help.

I called the guy at that LCS and he said they have one for 1k but they will not ship. I've changed directions and decided to purchase the CM Predator from Jbinny instead. I'll track down the dog alien maquette next year when I've replenished the funds. :google :lol

Well, I just dropped $400 on the Dog Alien Maquette. The LCS near me is letting me flex it. :banana I know, I know, I said I was going to get the CM pred or the CM Alien. :rolleyes: But this is just way more affordable for me. This way I can get other things that I want as well as this really cool maquette. I'm going to try and pay this off by Oct. :chew

Well, I just dropped $400 on the Dog Alien Maquette. The LCS near me is letting me flex it. :banana I know, I know, I said I was going to get the CM pred or the CM Alien. :rolleyes: But this is just way more affordable for me. This way I can get other things that I want as well as this really cool maquette. I'm going to try and pay this off by Oct. :chew

And I thought I had a bad time deciding what to buy sometimes. :lol

Back