How many variations of the COBRA TROOPER is possible (within realistic reason)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just some Photoshops, but I would buy any close to these:

imcobrastingerdriver.jpg
impythonofficer.jpg
impythontroop.jpg

I would completely pass on the Python Patrol. It's far too soon in the line to be reproducing everyone in their Python/Tiger outfits. I'd sincerely hope that something like that will only happen once Sideshow has completely exhausted the cast of A-listers and B-listers, ala the Legacy Bond style of releases.

Last edited:
I think we've reached just about the amount of re-use we can see from this outfit for a while. Sideshow has been trying a semi-realistic take with the line, and obviously those Python uniforms would be far from ever being realistic/useful. The blue isn't exactly practical like camo, but they aren't that unbelievable either. The Sniper's colors make the most sense out of any of the trooper variants so far really. So I hope this is the end of the trooper variants for the time being. We need to start working on some more Joes with a few A-list Cobras thrown in here and there for good measure. I mean the Joes were always outnumbered, but just having Snake Eyes and Duke (and Beachhead) is still very low considering all of the Trooper variants and the other 3 main Cobras released so far.

Nice Photoshop jobs.

The Stinger Driver looks especially sharp. I think that for Python Patrol to work, Sideshow would have to tweak the designs a little. The "camo" pattern doesn't look right that big at this scale, for one thing. The Trooper's shirt looks a little bit like a Dr. Huxtable sweater...

Cobra Sniper is pretty much SAS Hunter.

I made a few customs back in the day that were along the same lines.

hunter%20&%20torment.JPG
torture.JPG

Torment, Hunter and Torture!

Those are also cool, but remember, Hunter's a good guy!

I might try something similar with the Cobra Sniper, I don't know. Maybe just switch out his shirt for a black BDU-type shirt and give him some SAS gear or something. Maybe paint the balaclava and give him a less Cobra-looking helmet. I've done very little customizing but this is something I might try my hand at. I love the Action Force stuff.

Back