How many Play Arts limbs did you separated?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GE 7

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I searched for a thread like this and I couldn't believe it when the search returned (0) results!

I have a few Play Arts Kai figures and since I was posing my first figure I experienced the frustration of separating one of the limbs, it was an MGS-Grey Fox figure and I thought it might be a problem with that specific figure, a few days later I got my SF-Akuma figure and 3 or 4 poses later the thigh came out in my hand... and the last of separated limbs goes on to include KH-Sora, TR-Lara Croft, etc.

The good thing about Play Arts figures is that the parts can easily be fixed back in the pig, but I can't understand why in the first place they use such a weak parts connection mechanic!

So, is it only me or is everybody having this issue with PAK figures? any suggested solutions?

I have two Play Arts figures, the Kingdom Hearts Sora and Kingdom Hearts Roxas. Both are beautiful figures, but the Sora's have a problem (I've had two of the same figure). The first one I had ended up having his right arm break at the elbow. The actual joint itself split. I thought this was my nephew's fault, I let him play with it unsupervised and it broke. I let him keep it after I super glued the forearm back on (probably not the best message to send to a kid, haha), and I bought another. Within a couple days of displaying him and GENTLY posing, the arm broke off in the same place.

I haven't bought any more Play Arts figures, they look beautiful but it's hard to justify it when I'm scared to even touch the figure. Such a shame, because Sora is an awesome character and I wish I could pose him in some dynamic ways. I don't really know how to fix the figures...like I said, I was only able to use superglue on the arm, since the joint was actually shattered. I couldn't think of any other way to attach it again.

Back