1/6 How it is made: DETOLF Death Star diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprisingly touched by the death of Carrie Fisher and I want to do something to express that and honour her. Tonight it hit me.

The first Tantive IV diorama that I will design next year will be her iconic scene with R2. Feels good to dedicate my work to her and honour her memory as a thanks for all the wonderful hours I spent with her in that incredible universe.

c60715dd64582ae09b6c80ebedfcb137.jpg

Sounds like a great Idea. If it's exactly like that in a detolf shelf..you can count me in!

Sketches for The Tantive IV service corridor detolf diorama are going well
e86eb1547a60ec0d791e4797a485591c.jpg

Are you making this deep, like your hallway? Or how are you pulling off the depth of the scene in a small space.....sort of a 'forced perspective'?

Sounds like a great Idea. If it's exactly like that in a detolf shelf..you can count me in!

I won't be able to do the full depth on a DETOLF shelf, scale wise that is just not possible even with forced perspective. It will be like this, but less deep

Hey Jazz, do both of these fit in the top shelves of detolfs or just the middle shelves? And is the AC cable long enough to go down to the bottom if it's plugged in at the top of the shelf?

Hey Jazz, do both of these fit in the top shelves of detolfs or just the middle shelves? And is the AC cable long enough to go down to the bottom if it's plugged in at the top of the shelf?

They will fit on any of the shelves and the cable will be long enough to go to the floor even if you use the top shelf

Oh man! Just received the final Payment notice. The hype is real. THE HYPE IS REAL! Now its time to make some space in our Detolfs :D

Final payment sent. Now, i just need to rearrange a few shelves to make room for those dioramas in my Detolfs B)

So cool to see these final payment replies when it's my product instead of something by Sideshow or Hot Toys! We'll be working on final things this weekend and then my dad can pack up all those kits all of next week!

Excited as well to finally getting one of your creations in hand. No doubt it will give even more presence to the figures displayed with.

Exciting stuff! First unboxing and assembly instruction for the Death Star 1/6 scale diorama (with or without a Detolf)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this video. Definitely ease the wait and will certainly help when our kits will turn up.

I especially appreciate the overkill of actually making a complete package totally taped up just to be able to film a second of cutting the tape again to open the box. :lol:clap

Back