1/6 How it is made: DETOLF Death Star diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Jazz, another quick question. Can these walls be flipped, so the blinking lights can also be on the other side? I didn't understand this comment from your reply, "No you can just to one shelf." I am wondering if a Detolf can display 4 deluxe sets? Or due to spacing can it only display 2 Deluxe, and 2 budget? Thanks again.

There are no limitations. You can do one shelf or all 4 with any combination of deluxe and/or budget version. I'm trying to think this through, but as far as I'm concerned you can flip those back walls so the lights are on the other side. So I'm talking about 180° of rotation for the back panel.

Jazz. Any pics from a side angle ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a full Q and A with a very quick and dirty iPhone video of my two prototypes that will answer most if not all other questions:

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/dhjzIB3R0S0[/YOUTUBE]

I wish I could have a set of like four detolfs with these on every shelf they're great, I'll have to settle for two shelves in one detolf.

All PMs replied. If you're thinking about getting one, please contact me ASAP, because I'll plan the production run size this weekend.

I think I will be in for one of these too but I need to make a final decision if i want one and then decide if I want the standard or deluxe.

On the deluxe, the ceiling piece has the lights too. Are those connected to the back lights and all powered by the same power plug/cord or do you need 2 cords for the deluxe. Also are the lights for the ceiling on the deluxe included or do we have to supply those ourselves.

Last edited:
I think I will be in for one of these too but I need to make a final decision if i want one and then decide if I want the standard or deluxe.

On the deluxe, the ceiling piece has the lights too. Are those connected to the back lights and all powered by the same power plug/cord or do you need 2 cords for the deluxe. Also are the lights for the ceiling on the deluxe included or do we have to supply those ourselves.

Great! Thank you for your support. Yes, the ceiling lights up too and both the back wall and the ceiling will be powered by the same single AC adapter. The LED lighting in both are part of the price and will be built into the panels . Thanks in advance for your support and please let me know if you have any other questions

The biggest problem now: which figures do I display in this awesome diorama? :gah::lol

does the floor panel itself replace the glass shelf?

any example of these stretching across horizontally? I'd like to use this type of display but horizontally across multiple detolfs. I have 4 detolfs side by side so I would need a layout that would make sense and takes advantage of the multiple back panels, and maybe blast doors for just the ends?

You can but you don't have to replace the glass shelf. Also works on top of it.

Sorry, I don't have that kind of example but that would look very cool though! I am very sure

Any example of these stretching across horizontally? I'd like to use this type of display but horizontally across multiple detolfs. I have 4 detolfs side by side so I would need a layout that would make sense and takes advantage of the multiple back panels, and maybe blast doors for just the ends?

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it would be possible to use one of the sides of the deluxe on the side of a budget. Of course there is no roof on the budget so I guess that might not work.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it would be possible to use one of the sides of the deluxe on the side of a budget. Of course there is no roof on the budget so I guess that might not work.

Yes, that should be very possible. Just use one of the corner support profiles you'll find in the deluxe box on the side wall for the budget version and you're golden.

Back