How do you rank the Predator films now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed my mind, here's my new rank.

#1 AvP 5/5 100% Fantastic
#2 AvP: Requiem 4/5 80% Great
#3 Batman vs. Predator 3/5 60% Okay
#4 Predator 2 2/5 40% Meh
#5 Predators 1/5 20% Crap
#6 Predator 0/5 0% POS

Last edited:
How can you possibly say that Predators tops all the other movies when most of it was a stupid homage to the first movie?
I mean, I literally facepalmed in the cinema when Hanzo stayed behind and the Billy music started playing.

Did you actually read his post? He ranked it #3. :lol

Just seen predators finally and i i'd say i rank them:
Predator
Predator 2
Predators

While Predator 2 may not be great and some people really dislike it, at least it tried to do something a little different than just recreating the first film. Predators had WAYYYY too many "homages" to the first film. To the point that it was practically a remake.

Cool Story bro, some people like AVP, why you keep trolling this topic and saying how you don't like it every chance you get is beyond me

I like the first AVP for the most part. I also like Requiem for certain scenes. I'd say both are at least as good as Pred2, which is a really poor film. I just held them out of my rankings because they're not 100% Predator films, so to speak.

Still, Predator is a CLASSIC, and easily tops. Some think Preds is a rip off, and while I can see why people would have that opinion I like it for it's own merits and I feel it captures the true flavor of what made the first film great.

Predator
Predator 2
AvP: Requiem
AvP
Predators

I agree, Predators was pretty much a bad remake. Awful movie and so boring. Cast was just bad too.

Totally agree about the cast. Although i dont necessarily think it was the actors so much as the characters themselves. Everyone was just a complete walking cliche. Which is exactly what i said to my cousin as we left the cinema. They were such typical characters that i actually guessed what was about to happen purely because i'd seen the same characters dozens of times. Just generally disappointed over all really.

You name them. Because, the only one's I counted were....

Billy/Hanzo- which was lame.

Eye Flash- Should be mandatory.

KILL ME I'M HERE!!!- which sucked.

Mombasa looking in the trees.

and Long Tall Sally.

That's it. I dare you to name more.

And the traps. (Plus the line "It came in through the trip wires")

Ah. ____, forgot about those.

I wont disagree they were there..and they could've been toned down, but they really werent that bad. I mean, this is the first REAL Predator movie in 20 years. I'd expect the nods.

But nothing will ever be as bad as AvP-R's. Nothing. The shots, EXACT SHOTS taken from both series. The tank thing, the Ripley rip-off, Newt ripoff, the "GET TO THE CHOPPER!"...oh jesus.

I think they'll cut back on the homages for the next one. I do agree they can be distracting. The Billy Hanzo thing was stupid. Same with KILL ME IM HERE!

You name them. Because, the only one's I counted were....

Billy/Hanzo- which was lame.

Eye Flash- Should be mandatory.

KILL ME I'M HERE!!!- which sucked.

Mombasa looking in the trees.

and Long Tall Sally.

That's it. I dare you to name more.

Not that I mind the homages but there was also the "over here" whispers. Does long tall sally really count? it was only in the credits...:dunno

:lol

____....maybe I just blocked them out. But yes...Over here was pretty stupid too.

Ok, I didnt mind the traps, the Long Tall Sally, and the mud. It's just the other stuff that was mildly annoying to me. But nothing pissed me off like in the AvP flicks.

Back