How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

737ba70453893a19cd6dc1be5ce257fd.jpg

As soon as I got two emails this evening stating that my reservation for Han and my reservation for Chewie were going to convert, this was pretty much my reaction. I mean almost literally.

lBYwEDm.gif

Hi folks - short-term lurker (only discovered Hot Toys about 18 months ago) first time poster. I've noticed here in the UK most figures sell out really quick, long before Sideshow do in the US so I'd kind of resigned myself to not getting Han & Chewie (there's no way I'm paying secondary prices, these things are expensive enough!). As you can imagine I was really pleased to see these come back on the market so I ordered straight away though it has resulted in me now ordering a Luke as well so is costing me a bloody fortune. It might be worth noting that over here none of the retailers are offering second chances at the two-pack with the extra accessories so I think those will remain exclusive...

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

I just waitlisted Chewie on SS today...perhaps I'll get lucky enough to get a slot. I'll get Han on the after market hopefully.

Funnily, SS does say it is expected to ship Jun-Jul 2016.

Here's to hoping I get him like the rest of you lot!

lol, that would be funny if everyone had wait listed both the two pack and singles, and new orders were based on these then everyone goes to cancel the singles. Hilarious!

They'd still sell. So it sounds like these will turn into a live order (pre-order) tomorrow that ships in June-July like everywhere else. Good find, Kal.

I'm on waitlist for Obi-Wan and I haven't heard anything. But I'm probably very far down the list. I went on the waitlist a little over a month ago.

I'm on waitlist for Obi-Wan and I haven't heard anything. But I'm probably very far down the list. I went on the waitlist a little over a month ago.

Yeah, I put in my waitlist shorty after they sold out I think at end of January.... I have not heard anything either.

Nice to see everyone not having to pay the rape price, but I can't help but feel bad for those who did. I think down the line, HT should be a little more up front about this so people who missed the first run will know to wait for the second and stop scalping in its tracks. With that said, MAKE SOME MORE DAMN STORMTROOPERS ALREADY!?!?! The only ones I did miss and want hahahhahahahahahha ;)

Looks like some figures are getting more batches in ie......Ben Kenobi is showing a summer ship date even when he's been released already. Normally when an item is on a wait list there's no dates given.

After reading many replies, I come to consensus there are 3 type of collectors out there:
1. Hardcore/Casual collectors: generally pretty cool about remake figures so other newly/missed out collectors can get without refinancing their home to buy a figure.:hi5:
2. Investing collectors: Buying it and hopefully it goes up so they can sell it to make money. Looks like they treat collecting as their 401K or retirement account instead of enjoyment. Generally, this group is the one who opposes remake. :slap
3. Scalper collectors: Buying anythings even things they don't care about and wait until it dries up and sell for an arm and a leg price. Totally against remake of any kinds, and always love limit/rare items.:gah::banghead:mad:

Hot Toys clearly have zero respect for the people who buy their figures.

After reading many replies, I come to consensus there are 3 type of collectors out there:
2. Investing collectors: Buying it and hopefully it goes up so they can sell it to make money. Looks like they treat collecting as their 401K or retirement account instead of enjoyment. Generally, this group is the one who opposes remake. :slap
3. Scalper collectors: Buying anythings even things they don't care about and wait until it dries up and sell for an arm and a leg price. Totally against remake of any kinds, and always love limit/rare items.:gah::banghead:mad:

I'd say 2 & 3 are one and the same

I see 3 kinds of real collectors are:

1. Collect for nostalgia
2. Collect for rarity/limited
3. Collect for enjoyment of the genre/art

Star Wars hot toys applies to all three

Hot Toys clearly have zero respect for the people who buy their figures.

Well...

1. They don't publish edition sizes for any of their figures.
2. They don't officially retire any of their figures publicly.

It's really no different than a Limited Edition piece that's released by Sideshow.

I went on the Han waitlist last night (didn't know he was waitlisted)...I'm thinking, if people have been waiting since January to convert I'm gonna come up empty handed.

lol, that would be funny if everyone had wait listed both the two pack and singles, and new orders were based on these then everyone goes to cancel the singles. Hilarious!

I can only hope...I already have Chewbacca and need a single Han!

Actually that's what happened to me. Both my singles and two-pack were selected to be fulfilled :rotfl.

Back