How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just waitlisted Chewie on SS today...perhaps I'll get lucky enough to get a slot. I'll get Han on the after market hopefully.

Funnily, SS does say it is expected to ship Jun-Jul 2016.

Here's to hoping I get him like the rest of you lot!

Waitlisted Chewie yesterday, got a mail stating that he's going to be convert tomorrow! Excellent stuff!

Waitlisted a Han & Chewie set this morning and two hours later it converted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June/July delivery...

Like with many of their sets that sold out really fast, I think they recognized that doing more runs for Han and Chewie will be guaranteed to quickly sell-out again, vs. some of their other figures that became shelf warmers in the Sideshow warehouse, just telling by their availability long after stocks came in.

Agree I think this is a rare new run that HT are doing now because of huge popularity- how many will be made compared to original run hard to say- if BBTS and AE get them it signals it will be another BIG run...

Hot Toys limited runs frustrate me and I'm sure many other collectors, but I can't blame them (including Sideshow) for wanting to underproduce as a standard practice, vs. overproducing and having many pieces going unsold so that they and even others in the distribution channels loose money with shelf-warmers. I think of the GI Joe, BBI and Ultimate Soldiers sets during the 90s that flooded Toys R Us and KB Toys.

I just heard back from Alterego, these re-releases are only available from Sideshow and not wholesale distributors.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered the 2 pack this afternoon. So excited. We thought for sure we had missed out and there was no way I was paying what ppl were asking for on ebay. Congrats to those who are able to get this the 2nd time around Yay!!

I have all of these so I don't have a horse in this race, but overall, i don't think scalpers should be encouraged. all the iron man scalpers are mostly washed up with the over saturation and burn out. now SW scalpers, the same suspects, are out of luck too....albeit momentarily. but the infusion will lower those secondary prices a bit for people who are late to the re-release dance.

I have all of these so I don't have a horse in this race, but overall, i don't think scalpers should be encouraged. all the iron man scalpers are mostly washed up with the over saturation and burn out. now SW scalpers, the same suspects, are out of luck too....albeit momentarily. but the infusion will lower those secondary prices a bit for people who are late to the re-release dance.

yeah all IM prices on secondary market have dropped off alot- i got a new Mk VII on Ebay for $250....used to be $400 a year ago!

To everyone that missed out on these awesome figures, here is your chance. No one should be saying a year from now, 'oh man, I shouldn't have passed TWICE!'

fair warning, I am gonna troll hard when/if I ever see it!

Back