How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind the re-releases. I bought my figures at retail, love them, and am happy to see other collectors get them. If the re-releases sell well, i hope that gets them to push out new Star Wars products faster.

I'd say 2 & 3 are one and the same

I see 3 kinds of real collectors are:

1. Collect for nostalgia
2. Collect for rarity/limited
3. Collect for enjoyment of the genre/art

Star Wars hot toys applies to all three

This is what collecting is all about.

I never buy a figure with the intention or reselling it down the line. The intent is that it's something I'm going to keep and always have. If I have to sell one, it's not to make a profit. Don't get me wrong, if at the time I happen to put a particular figure out for sale and it's selling for $350 for instance, I won't be a fool and list it at retail when obviously people are willing to pay way more, but I won't list it for more than $350, either. Probably still not even that price.

When I sell a figure, as long as I essentially get back roughly what I paid for it give or take and it goes to another collector who can enjoy it as well, that's all that matters to me.

I'm cool with it. I'm not a reseller and don't want toys to be "investments".

Anyhoo, I'm glad my WL converted and I don't have to pay a scalper price for stuff I want but missed.

Never sold anything, and if I do, it'll be like $60 to ship, so I can't be bothered with that.
But so glad I may have a chance for Obi-wan! So, those monthly coupons...

I am most likely never parting with any of my collection and only buy things I love but it is nice to be able to explain to my wife every now and then that some of my figures have actually increased in value... especially after that run of figures right before Christmas.

I am fine with this "second run" or "released stock" or "lost shipping container" or whatever this is. I passed on Obi Wan the first round as he just doesn't cut the mustard and almost impulse bought through Popkulcha when I saw this thread but then looked at the sculpt again and talked myself out of it. If he does show up at a steep discount I may rethink my evaluation of him and pick him up. That would be the best results of this in my book.

I do love my Han and Chewie two pack even though they both have facial problems, they are the best that is available. I do wish we would get some announcements about the next slew of OT releases though... need an Emperor very badly.

No re-releases for me, just got my email saying I converted on the Han/Chewie two pack. :yess:

I've been on waitlist for Han at SSC since December and Chewie for about two months, so we'll see what happens. I doubt anything will convert, but we'll see.

Patience SS..... always pays off...glad you got your WL conversion :) you will love them both, I am very partial to Chewie myself. :)

Well...

1. They don't publish edition sizes for any of their figures.
2. They don't officially retire any of their figures publicly.

It's really no different than a Limited Edition piece that's released by Sideshow.

Exactly DVD, and all but some of the EX.s were ever shown as "not available" all the others were Wait listed......if HT didn't care they probably wouldn't have listened to the market(collectors) that all still wanted to buy them. So double edged sword. I prefer company's that listen to collectors and not re-seller scalpers.

Most things do not hold value, they depreciate, so unless your buying gold, you shouldn't expect anything to increase long term. These are "Hot Toys", toys, it's right there in the name.....the fact that they hold value is just a bonus. Buy it if you like it, otherwise don't pretty simple..

As soon as I got two emails this evening stating that my reservation for Han and my reservation for Chewie were going to convert, this was pretty much my reaction. I mean almost literally.

lBYwEDm.gif

One of my fav CP GIF's too SS. It works for sooooooooo much :D

Chewbacca converted after about 2 weeks on the waitlist. I was about a click away from ordering it on Popcultcha, glad I got it for retail.

How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Ob...

The re-release is fully on. I'm waiting for Chewie to actually show up as a pre-order so I can use a coupon on him.

Is Sideshow the only US company getting the re-release? I received emails from Sideshow that my WL from December for Han-Chewie 2 pack & Obi-Wan are both converting, but if it is going to be a general release I will order from Alter-Ego. Either way I am very happy that they are getting re-released!

Living in California and paying a 9% sales tax + Sideshow's higher prices for Hot Toys will cost me about $100 more than ordering from a different retailer.

I'm probably pretty far down on the waitlist for a single Han...keeping my fingers crossed.

Hmmm, I got on the waitlist for the 2-pack and the individual figs of Han and Chewie around after Christmas and they converted. I did manage to find the 2-pack for $650 shipped and at the time when a restock wasn't certain, I thought it best to jump on that price (and I still think so). I do want multiples of Han and Chewie for dream projects, but now need to decide if I end up keeping them for a long time without touching them (as is the case with many of my "planned" projects), should I sell 1 or 2 of them in the future to recoup the $135 "premium" I paid to get my first 2-pack? :lol

I wonder if these figures didn't sell in China or something and they've been redistributed.

Like with many of their sets that sold out really fast, I think they recognized that doing more runs for Han and Chewie will be guaranteed to quickly sell-out again, vs. some of their other figures that became shelf warmers in the Sideshow warehouse, just telling by their availability long after stocks came in.

Back