How about a 1/6 McQuarrie Stormtroper?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy of AFTimes

Freakalicious
Reaction score
(Forgive me if I repeat, but I couldn't find a previous thread about this.)

With the recent announcement about the "armor" bodies coming from SS, I have to wonder if, after some regular troopers to placate those who are waiting and won't pay Medicom prices (like me), might we see the McQuarrie original version Stormtrooper?

With the shield and lightsaber, I'd have to say that I might new more than one of them to display.

And after that, maybe the McQuarrie Snowtrooper too!

Am I alone in this?
WHO'S WITH ME?!

I would buy at least two of anything McQuarrie related in 1/6.

I would buy at least two of anything McQuarrie related in 1/6.

Same here! But don't start with the Stormtrooper... it might be the most like the actual final design and is rather dull. I'd go with something like Vader, Han Solo, or the droids first. But, yeah... I'd get them all.

I'd love any 1:6 McQuarrie figures.

Since we've seen Hasbro's version, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Sideshow come out with at least a couple. But since we haven't even seen actual Stormtroopers or Vader, it'll probably be a loooong time before we do see them.

Thread rated.

Good idea.

Although i'm still holding out hope for a SDCC dark luke (yes another luke) this year...or sometime.

I'd buy some of them, probably not a whole set of them (due to space and $$$) but I think they'd be an awesome addition to the SSC lineup.

I'd buy them all, I'd love to display a 1/6 Concept Han next to Trevor's great ANH Han and so forth....

i don't know if I would like a figure of a bald Old Ben 1/6 scale figure :lol:D:

TACSDCCmcobiyodaLI.jpg

I wouldn't be interested in a 1/6 McQuarrie Stormtrooper but a 1/4 scale PF would be awesome.

Yes this was already asked before:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25399&highlight=McQuarrie

And I asked Sideshow directly about it back in July during last year's San Diego Comic Con:
Garrett S. - I'm loving the Ralph McQuarrie concept figures being released by Hasbro - is there any chance of Sideshow releasing 12-inch figures based on the McQuarrie concepts?

Sideshow Collectibles: We're loving them too! Our design team is having fun imagining how the McQuarrie concepts might fit into our Star Wars lines in the future. You just never know - anything is possible!
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=3254

I'd probobly pass. The designes are neet, but i donno. I'd have to see them in person first, AND they'd need to do more than just on concept figure.

yea i think the concept darth vader & the luke skywalker duel as 1/6th would be cool................i really dig the Kotobukiya set up.

I say no thanks, there are too many movie versions of characters that are still unrepresented...

I'd love one. But I think the snowtrooper is the more interesting design, but hey, i'm easy

Back