How About 1/6 Smiling Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why HT doesn't just sell heads to go with the figures (all lines)...i am sure we would pay about 50 bones for a new sculpt if it were cool...i would be for that, instead of having to drop 200 on a nurse Joker...but yeah, sick of Jokers.

M.

I don't know why HT doesn't just sell heads to go with the figures (all lines)...i am sure we would pay about 50 bones for a new sculpt if it were cool...i would be for that, instead of having to drop 200 on a nurse Joker...but yeah, sick of Jokers.

M.

The reason most companies don't do this is because of the cost. The headsculpt is usually the most costly part of a figure. The bodies are generally reused and sometimes the accessories and clothing patterns are too. A HT headsculpt would AT LEAST be that $50 you suggest, if not more.

M.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me. I've suggested this also, it just seems like a logical place for HT to go. Why not sell heads and hand pegs separately? Not only would it be cheaper to produce they'd make a profit.

I wouldn't mind just a HT Joker smiling head, a few hand pegs, the Remmington shot gun, the RPG, and maybe a few other accessories (knives) we are missing for about 70 bucks. I don't want another figure, especially of the Nurse Joker (works for the movie but I DO NOT want to see a figure of it).

Smiling head is a must in my opinion.

Batman items are all I collect so if they come out with another TDK item that sparks my interest I may get it but the only other I will get is a Keaton Batman from 89 and a nicholson joker. I have a few other things on the way I have been working on that I am extremely happy about but cannot show them yet. Also we have to keep in mind anyone that is hoping for a DX keaton batman or Joker must remember that when hot toys announced the DX line they said specifically that this line is for items that HAVE ALREADY been released and are looking to improve upon the original in various creative ways, hence the mention of Rocky and Rambo in the same article DX batman was mentioned.

Well then they should just release Keaton Batman and nicholson Joker as mms figures and later move on to DX releases, problem solved.

All though I would like to see a smiling Joker head. I however would not like to have to buy yet anther Joker to have it. If Hottoys where to release just a smiling head for Joker which they never would do then I would buy it. I to want Hottoys to move on with the Batman line or just end it. Even though my Scarecrow is almost finished I would like to see what Hottoys would do with the guy.

I would love a grinning TDK Joker head sculpt but I don't think I'm gonna buy a whole new figure for one. I thinka a better alternative would be for HT to sell some seperate head sculpts with different expressions.

I'm gonna make one for myslef, as soon as the MMS DX arrives.
I will 3D print my sculpt into a cast and the final head will probably look like this(unpainted of course)
joeker.jpg

For people wondering how 3D prints look printed take a look at this:

3D sculpt
harryposed.jpg

When printed
harrystatue1stphotos172.jpg

I will 3D print my sculpt into a cast and the final head will probably look like this(unpainted of course)
joeker.jpg

3D sculpt
harryposed.jpg

When printed

where are you able to access that awesome stuff to 3D print?

M.

i'm not sure what he means, but i'd love to know what system you use to make the head, and how you then cast it......this is all on the computer right?

It's all made on the PC yes.The head's base mesh is made in Maya and the sculpting and the details are made in Zbrush 3.
Here's a good video that explains how 3d printing works, people have even started making rings and earrings LOL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyZtBYG0QOg

Last edited:
joeker.jpg

3D sculpt
harryposed.jpg

When printed

Will you making more then one and selling some? I would be interested in a smiling head very interested.

I agree with the majority here - as much of a huge Dark Knight fan that I am and would drool over anything TDK related Hot Toys would produce, I really don't think another Joker is at all necessary.... More characters are what's needed if anything. Give us a Scarecrow, Ras & Gordon, we have enough Jokers already :D

Back