HOT TOYYS 1/6 STORMTROOPER or SANDTROOPER *Advice Needed*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jme_c

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can anyone please recommend one of the two above Hot Toys figures?

Which is more detailed, better value for money, etc etc?

Thanks.

Sandy.

Where do you see the normal stormie for sale:)

Sandy.

Where do you see the normal stormie for sale:)

I haven't :(

But I was going to try and hunt one down, but then I figured I could just get a sandtrooper, he has more character anyway.

Go with Sandy. the price on the after market for the ST's are insane. If you really want one , You may want to WL for a Luke as a Stormtrooper if you still can . he is worth the few extra $, basically it's the short ST from the twin pack, with a Luke HS and some extra accessories. He can be displayed with the helmet on. That's what I did.

lst3.1.jpg

I did consider the Luke version, but I think I will just go with the sandtrooper!
There's too many damn figures I want atm, grrrrr.

It'd be a tougher choice if the Stormtrooper were still available but between the aftermarket pricing and the incredible details and accessories with the retail Sandtrooper, I'd say it's no contest. I'm sure HT will be doing further clean Stormtrooper releases from ESB and ROTJ. Don't like them as much as ANH but again they would beat aftermarket. Also, I would think there will be Stormies released for Rogue One, set before ANH.

I think it's only a matter of time before Han is stormtrooper gear comes out. I'd suggest get the Sandtrooper now (such a great figure) and wait for Han to come if you still want a clean stormtrooper. You could even sell the Han portrait to subsidize the cost.

Can anyone please recommend one of the two above Hot Toys figures?

Which is more detailed, better value for money, etc etc?

Thanks.

I was able to pick up the stormtrooper on eBay for $249 shipped from China. I have both and have enclosed a picture so you can compare side by side. I would go with the sandtrooper hands down.

Michael

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 190
Thanks guys for all your help, I definitely think I will take the plunge an order the sandtrooper.
I did consider a first order trooper but I think every collection needs the classic design.

Now, the next decisions, so I order HT Kylo Ren / Darth Vader and SS Darth Maul Naboo ....

I took the plunge and ordered! But I am want HT Darth Vader and Kylo Ren, not sure I can afford them all in one go! It's a bit of a hit.

I took the plunge and ordered! But I am want HT Darth Vader and Kylo Ren, not sure I can afford them all in one go! It's a bit of a hit.

Get them on flex, and spread the pain out a bit.

I was faced with the same decision because I needed another trooper to flank Vader.

Anyway, I love the classic sheen and feel of the OT Stormie but the Sandy is hands down better detail and value.

Get it before it sells out.

Attachments

• IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    947.3 KB · Views: 113
I got it! So glad I did, amazing detail on this figure.
Took the plunge and ordered Kylo and Vader too. My poor credit card! lol.

I have both but I like the Sandtrooper better[...]

I would rank the OT stormtrooper releases:

1. Sandtrooper (accessories, detail, helmet sculpt all excellent)
2. Luke In Stormtrooper Disguise (great proportions, helmet sculpt is very slightly tweaked, accessories, options)
3. Stormtrooper (excellent overall, but was their first try -- have some nitpicks about body and helmet)

I love the Stormtroopers, they are my main focus but the Sandtrooper has a lot of accessories plus you can still buy it at retail

Hot%20Toys%20Sandtrooper%20Orange%20Pauldron%2020.jpg

I have a question for any UK buyers, do you think it's best to get the products from Sideshow or do you use a UK based retailer?

Back