1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see them skipping it altogether, and just doing a Justice League version later in the year.

Yeah agreed. It's pointless to do this version when the Batman V Superman is just about to come out and because we'll see another version of essentially the same outfit later this year. This version is probably the version from the solo film and I bet we don't see more. Unless they surprise us and do an exclusive or something possibly with the cloak she wears.

They will do WW version with cloak or something.

Probably reuse this head with rooted hair.

There is no way that HT leaves money on the table and doesn't do it. I mean how many Black Widows did we get knowing the films were on top of the other? They'll do it, I wouldn't be shocked if they do it with non-rooted hair as an attempt to break-away from the BvS and just reuse this sculpt.

Dumb choice with so many Suicide Squad members still to be made....:slap

That ship has sailed I think, it's all about "Guh-Dutt" now.

tumblr_inline_ooifvy74yz1ujfipq_500.gif

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they have the regular solo version already in the works but want to see how the BVS sells first.

It's not exactly the same as the BVS, the solo is brighter and the skirt is longer just a tad bit. Maybe the solo version might be made as a proto yet but I'm pretty sure the concept drawings and design are definitely planned out in their HQ.

It's only a matter of time
I don't know. I think with two films featuring her this year and the fact that her look doesn't change substantially (yeah I know the solo version's colors are slightly brighter) it doesn't seem worth it. If it is done I see it as an exclusive same way that they made the second Batman from Suicide Squad. Give her the cloak and a new base and make it a Toy Fair exclusive. I don't imagine that she'll be so in demand that there will need to be three figures of her standard look out plus this training version.

There is no way that HT leaves money on the table and doesn't do it. I mean how many Black Widows did we get knowing the films were on top of the other? They'll do it, I wouldn't be shocked if they do it with non-rooted hair as an attempt to break-away from the BvS and just reuse this sculpt.
I think the difference is that Black Widow hasn't been in two films in a year with the same look pretty much. Plus the fact that the first figure was delayed so long and is just coming out around the time of the first solo film. I don't think there's a need for four versions of her to be on the market when the first hasn't even sold out yet.

683611_822b8eff-6eb5-40c5-a659-dbd8c064afde.jpg

marvel-captain-america-civil-war-captain-america-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902657-21.jpg

This is a company that does "Movie Promo Editions" without blinking to get people to buy multiples. I think you'll see this sculpt either with or without rooted hair with the BvS parts slapped onto this body with a cloak and a themed base put out without a problem. They'll wait until about August/September to solicit it and then Wonder Woman will be one of the last Justice League members (first will probably be Batman) and be out again with minimal changes. I really think HT isn't going to skip a chance to go to the well and charge us $200+ with minimal change on their part.

You guys are nuts if you think HT aren't going to do a solo movie costume version AND JLA/BVS versions. Since when does HT not milk its biggest licenses to death? They did a mouth breather Batman for christ sake lol.

WW will be the Black Widow of the HT DCEU when it comes to figurines. If WW sells, they'll make an endless supply of her.

HT has made so many variants of the same Iron Man armor with repaints, many not even in a film. Also not too long ago 3 versions of Scarlet Witch were released not too far apart from each other.

I don't know. I think with two films featuring her this year and the fact that her look doesn't change substantially (yeah I know the solo version's colors are slightly brighter) it doesn't seem worth it. If it is done I see it as an exclusive same way that they made the second Batman from Suicide Squad. Give her the cloak and a new base and make it a Toy Fair exclusive. I don't imagine that she'll be so in demand that there will need to be three figures of her standard look out plus this training version.

I think the difference is that Black Widow hasn't been in two films in a year with the same look pretty much. Plus the fact that the first figure was delayed so long and is just coming out around the time of the first solo film. I don't think there's a need for four versions of her to be on the market when the first hasn't even sold out yet.

Ah but you see, your forgetting that this will depend on how comfortable sells and interest will come to the BVS version.

One X factor is that the expression on her BVS sculpt might be a deal breaker along with the rooted hair. If there is enough backlash Hong might decide okay much like Batfleck people complained about the cape so let's make the SS version have a better cape, we can have the solo WW have a better sculpt with possibly sculpted hair.

I would almost guarantee if The BVS WW becomes scarce and in high demand like the Batfleck was, then I can't see why HT wouldn't make another solo film version with extra accessories like the cloak and maybe bent bullet pieces

Has anyone noticed that it seems like HT only tries sculpted hair in stylized hair versions. Ex: Rey's bun, Leia's twin buns, now with WW's ponytail. :dunno

Last edited:
Almost perfect. Almost ...

Screen_Shot_2017-06-02_at_7.04.19_PM.png

Minor IMO those sandals were not the best looking footwear to begin with, it's a small price to get the better ankle articulation :lecture

You got to have Diana Amazon be able to pose in an iconic kneeling on one knee stance with the toes flexed back

Has anyone noticed that it seems like HT only tries sculpted hair in stylized hair versions. Ex: Rey's bun, Leia's twin buns, now with WW's ponytail. :dunno

Probably because long sculpted hair would limit head articulation too much. They did do it for Thor though. Personally, I'm fine with how they do it, short stylized hair is sculpted and long hair is rooted. I'm surprised they didn't do a combo on this figure, the pony tail could be rooted, then you could drape it over her shoulder or whatever.

Back