1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41691714_1007719756073773_9094063894560768000_n.jpg

Look what OSK is selling!

Anybody know the price usd?

@juzcruisen-

It is a bummer to have a long-awaited figure show up with an issue like this. I took some snaps of the issue and sent BBTS a note - I'll update when I hear from them.
I canceled my WW-JL too- I'm hoping I can get this figure replaced and having this version and the BvS one are enough. Upon thinking about it, I just didn't want two versions in almost identical outfits and the robe and "blast" effects weren't enough of an inducement to keep the order.

And yes, I've noticed an uptick on quality issues for HT popping up in the threads too (and I'm not talking about perceived "accuracy" issues) - as you mentioned, it's not cool ending up with so many headaches from these high(er) priced items. I'd rather see HT slow down and get them right instead of the "feast or famine" approach we've been seeing.

Well, time to put the ole' girl back in the box - but- I couldn't resist - I had to get a good snap of her first...

TA-WONDER-WOMAN-003.jpg

I sure hope I can get a good replacement - she really is a beautiful figure!

She has arrived.

Well damn. After closer examination, I see that the right arm finish is peeling (like a bad sunburn). Ugh. I like the figure, but I don't want to keep it with this issue.
I've dealt with defects or returns through BBTS. Here goes.... :(

Bummer! I hate to hear that. Yours is the first I’ve noticed have that problem.

Bummer! I hate to hear that. Yours is the first I’ve noticed have that problem.

The very early youtube videos by Dean Knight had this issue already that threw me to cancel, then saw it again on another review by collectintoyz...this guy had a really bad case of it (google to find write-up review). No, this defect seems common. Question is how or what can prevent it if down the road it's put back in the box for a while in storage or just sitting on the shelf over time...No, HTs is taking on too much from 10 years back, rushing to get things out and QC-Quality Control is being overstepped in the process to ship items out. Even worse is if this was damage as a result of the item just sitting in the box on a boat during travel from them to here. What could that mean for the long-term?

Questioning whether to open box when it arrives maybe this weekend or refuse shipment to return it...sucks, figure was cool. Originally cancelled WW BvS years back because due to QC issues. What is it with WW.

@juzcruisen-

It is a bummer to have a long-awaited figure show up with an issue like this. I took some snaps of the issue and sent BBTS a note - I'll update when I hear from them.
I canceled my WW-JL too- I'm hoping I can get this figure replaced and having this version and the BvS one are enough. Upon thinking about it, I just didn't want two versions in almost identical outfits and the robe and "blast" effects weren't enough of an inducement to keep the order.

And yes, I've noticed an uptick on quality issues for HT popping up in the threads too (and I'm not talking about perceived "accuracy" issues) - as you mentioned, it's not cool ending up with so many headaches from these high(er) priced items. I'd rather see HT slow down and get them right instead of the "feast or famine" approach we've been seeing.

Well, time to put the ole' girl back in the box - but- I couldn't resist - I had to get a good snap of her first...

View attachment 427118

I sure hope I can get a good replacement - she really is a beautiful figure!

I had to send mine for a replacement. She had a visible raised seam down the arm that looked awful. My Jedi Rey came with a large run in her pants and a large plastic chunk next to her nose. That needed replacing too. So disappointing that QC seems to be dropping. Thankfully any sellers I’ve dealt with have been really good about replacing things. Hopefully all the replacing happening will hit Hot Toys bottom line and make them a bit more careful. I’d rather wait longer for a quality figure than have it in hand sooner.

Figure at post office, schedule delivery set for tomorrow...both WW and DV ESB...want 2 leave work and pick them up myself right now, but most likely cause more confusion for the postal office might as well wait one more day...damn..😉

The very early youtube videos by Dean Knight had this issue already that threw me to cancel, then saw it again on another review by collectintoyz...this guy had a really bad case of it (google to find write-up review). No, this defect seems common. Question is how or what can prevent it if down the road it's put back in the box for a while in storage or just sitting on the shelf over time...No, HTs is taking on too much from 10 years back, rushing to get things out and QC-Quality Control is being overstepped in the process to ship items out. Even worse is if this was damage as a result of the item just sitting in the box on a boat during travel from them to here. What could that mean for the long-term?

Questioning whether to open box when it arrives maybe this weekend or refuse shipment to return it...sucks, figure was cool. Originally cancelled WW BvS years back because due to QC issues. What is it with WW.

I missed all that. I've only noticed some of the more recent in hand pics and praise it's getting. Mine arrives tomorrow so I hope it's defect free.

@Cocoboloboy
We shall see, mine arrives tomorrow as well. We can post our outcomes thumbs up or down afterwards.

Think I've decided to pass on this one. Problem is, if there are peeling issues, even if you do get one that's good upon arrival...what will she look like in a few years?

Sorry WW. Love ya, but...I also love my money.

@Lumos
There you go...you had to say it. Now I'm back to not opening and refusing the package to cancel the order...rather loose 20 bucks with shipping than total cost. You had to post that didn't you...arghhhh.

:rotfl :devil

I came over from the WW JL board because that place is depressing.

This training armor figure looks like a 9/10. Awesome likeness.

The JL version is a 5. Very poor sculpt and HT should have reused the training sculpt for the JL version.

It’s depressing over there for sure but it really was a poor release imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This training armor figure looks like a 9/10. Awesome likeness.

The JL version is a 5. Very poor sculpt and HT should have reused the training sculpt for the JL version.

It’s depressing over there for sure but it really was a poor release imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did:

They did but the mould came out with subtle differnces during production, then you have the new paint job.

For a straight up re-use of the training sculpt check out the footage from last years SDCC.

Saw this on OSR, I thought it looked pretty good.

View attachment 426139

Do you know what body they used?

I was thinking of picking up an extra training WW for the sculpt. But I don't think the strap from her outfit (over her shoulder) can be removed easily from the outfit.

The hair style won't be movie accurate but you can't really tell unless you see the back (ponytail vs French twist?).

I agree, but he put this together for under $97, so it doesn't look bad for the price.

Agreed.

Does the $97 include just the blue dress and body?

I just picked up the Barbie for $8 but don't know what body to get. I'll eventually upgrade to that blue dress that onesixthkit has up for preorder.

Back