1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or cleaner kit, so it would seem? That's a real shame when this will likely be a one and done scenario.
he's got the box on his back.

attachment.php

and if it's just a dummy, i still have a fully functional one from the old release, with all parts inside present.

z6zyiVe.jpg

but i don't think it's a dummy, it has seams and opening joints seen clearly.

They made us double-dip to get all his accessories the first time around. I think I sold my original Wolf loose minus anything that didn't come with the later release. I kept an 'Ultimate' Wolf which I had put onto the original P1 body and I kept all the accessories....then I ended up selling that.

:pfft: i never had him but i have the kit :)
no worries, the kit is there, and as it opens, it must have everything inside. like with P2 2.0, they just copied the old one.

You weren't missing much.
i know that. it was intentional. walking dead resident evil predator wasn't what i needed in my collection :slap
that was probably the worst job HT ever did.

I think this movie still from ADI is the expression I would have liked better.
iAYPdhY.jpg

The Tsang sculpt looks fine compared to those off-screen photos, but in the actual movie animatronic mandibles on this guy opened up wide.

The eyes actually look pretty good on this, I personally like the more milky look of other variations, but this is close to what they used in some parts of the movie. I would prefer that they make the acid burned eye more milky looking, but I'm ok with it as is. The face looks pretty good over all, really the only thing that bugs me is the pose of the mandibles. Here is an ADI pic showing the eyes, honestly I'm a little relieved that hot toys even made the burned eye white at all, I could have seen them leaving both eyes normal. Also here is a pic of what I think they should do for the mandible pose. Mine will be posed with the helmet on so I don't stress about it too much, but I still would like to see them improve the mandibles.

image.jpegimage.jpg

Looks to me like the lower mandibles should really stay in line with the upper ones, they shouldn't be splayed outwards as it seems Tsang has sculpted....

as it was with all predators, Scar included - he was the first to get super opening mandibles, but still in vertical lines with the upper ones, with inner bones going maximum straight forward.

FV47DYZ.jpg

egvKQcB.jpg

x8FWpiq.jpg

Yg4fOva.jpg

FGhjcUR.jpg

th14Qjw.jpg

the only creature that had that way of horisontal mouth opening that Tsangs gives every predator was Berserker. wasn't it his first job on predators?

yqy4GOS.jpg

nwJ480u.jpg

there is this image shown before, of course.

attachment.php

but, as it is not what can be seen in the movie, it's just a behind-the-scenes photo out of character, simply showing what the mechanical head can do.

same as this one doesn't prove that predator uses a human machete

qM80Zar.jpg

and this one doesn't prove that predator has a detachable head.

mZl5o4D.jpg

so... one time Tsangs uses an actual reference - and it again contradicts everything in the character and thus looks bad.
same was when he likely used a wrong head, not used by P2, to sculpt a P2.

he was the first to get super opening mandibles

I've hated every predator since the first AVP movie because of ADI's decision that predators should have super-floppy tentacle mandibles.

I wonder if that whip will by any chance have a wire in it so it can be posed.

It will. It's obviously a repack of the original whip. Plus, you can easily see the holes signifying there's a wire inside.

Did a quick tweak in Photoshop.

TWEAKED.jpg

I think if they just addressed this, it might become the first masked Predator I would display without the mask. It's so close, Hot Toys and Tsang, PLEASE address it.

I went back to check the movie and took a couple screen shots when he goes on the crashed ship on Earth. The pupils are accurate. The white eye is some toy concept that was never right.
XP5itOv.jpg

mIfR34r.jpg

I went back to check the movie and took a couple screen shots when he goes on the crashed ship on Earth. The pupils are accurate. The white eye is some toy concept that was never right.
XP5itOv.jpg

mIfR34r.jpg

Both are accurate,the white eye appear in this scene,the movie have some confusion itself though.

w2Untitled.jpg

w3Untitled.jpg

w4Untitled.jpg

avpbluray921.jpgbluray0002.jpg

Back