1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I’ve had some time to really look at some photos of this guy , I’m really excited about getting this guy . I already have 2 Wolf predators in the collection but this guy looks like a major step up . I really wish they could have given us a new diorama .
03f4ca85a8683e2739283af72928ce4f.jpg
cf600cb474c35d5aea5c529ba9d50dcb.jpg

Joseph Tsang did amazing job ! Headsculpt looks fantastic. Well done HT.

Guys don't forget to also thank Dano from Dano's Customs as he helped guide Tsang to create an accurate head rather than an "artistic" interpretation as some of the previous heads (berserker and city hunter 2.0).

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

wow, from this angle he doesn't look sleepy/sad.

Guys don't forget to also thank Dano from Dano's Customs as he helped guide Tsang to create an accurate head rather than an "artistic" interpretation as some of the previous heads (berserker and city hunter 2.0).
wait, what? is that true? now i respect him even more!

I disagree. Just because a creature has two holes on the sides of its head it doesnt mean they are ears. As you stated, it may not be conventional hearing, and as i said earlier snakes have them but they are not ears. Theres been multiple times in all of the movies where Predators have had to rely heavily on the mask to hear sounds. So all though they are maybe some form of sensor on the side of the head, its not for detecting sound. Theres no cup around them to capture noise and deflect it inwards, and they are hidden behind long thick sensory organs we now know are the dreads. So they would never catch sound if thats why they are there.
look at the closest example i found in our nature. it looks 90% like predator ears, and i think they were an inspiration of the design:

DsJP-UVWwAAvd4U.jpg

60842c70ee8a00c3051b55ea4816d5e2.jpg

Hearing
Crocodiles can hear well; their tympanic membranes are concealed by flat flaps that may be raised or lowered by muscles.[19]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodile#Hearing

and there are no more holes on predator head. and those are not concealed by head tentacles, they are on the edge.

Why dont i see people bringing them up being absent on hot toys heads ?!
well, i did several times :) and also what Alice said about original P2 HT head.

Yes entirely true, Dano has been in contact with Tsang for some time. He helped provide reference photos and gave feedback on the headsculpt. Ultimately he helped guide Tsang in the right direction which resulted in a great outcome.

Yes entirely true, Dano has been in contact with Tsang for some time. He helped provide reference photos and gave feedback on the headsculpt. Ultimately he helped guide Tsang in the right direction which resulted in a great outcome.
now i wish i needed Wolf, because he's now basically partly Dano's work. but current $400 prices definitely keep me from that.

anyway this means the second time Tsang listens to feedback and fixes the sculpt. which is great, because looks like nobody else wants to make HT predators.

No kidding? That’s really cool, no wonder it looks so good. Congrats to Dano then in that case, job well done. Aside from JH (which still has yet to happen), this is the guy I hoped that would look the best.

Do you guys think jungle hunter 2.0 is even gonna happen at this point? You would think he would've been the first 2.0.

I have a feeling that Wolf might be one of their best predator figure sellers yet due to how well he was made. This should give them great incentive to continue the predator (and alien) line. If Matrix figures and other older licenses are coming back I definitely think predator and possibly alien can too. Another thing is I think hot toys stills prides themselves on being able to create a wide variety of characters hence why they still hold onto some older licenses.

Do you guys think jungle hunter 2.0 is even gonna happen at this point? You would think he would've been the first 2.0.

If I had to venture a guess, I’d say no. I kind of think Classic was intended to be Classic/JH 2.0 being that it includes a non-BD bio-mask, despite Classic never having a non-BD bio-mask in Predators, which gives you an option between the two. They probably figured here’s the base figure, knowing customizers would be able to pick up the slack per se.

But you never know. I still hope for an official one. They actually still have a lot of Predators they can give the 2.0 treatment to.

I have a feeling that Wolf might be one of their best predator figure sellers yet due to how well he was made. This should give them great incentive to continue the predator (and alien) line. If Matrix figures and other older licenses are coming back I definitely think predator and possibly alien can too. Another thing is I think hot toys stills prides themselves on being able to create a wide variety of characters hence why they still hold onto some older licenses.

I think that might be the case as well. Plus, despite him being from a not well received overall film, Wolf seems to be one of the more popular Predators individually.

Well maybe it's best that it wasn't. If time = progress (doesn't always but as a general rule it ought to) and one wants the original Predator to be the absolute pinnacle of accuracy, features and quality then JH should be the one they work up to.

I also think they’re not in a hurry (if they plan on doing him) because they know who wants him now is probably largely in part going to still be who wants him 3 years from now, for instance. It’s unlikely they’d pull a large swath of new buyers in. There’s really no timetable on him before interest starts to wane, such as with Marvel figures.

I'm not a Predator collector but I want this figure because I thought he was a badass. You couldn't see much because the film was so dark but I think he has one of the highest kill counts, if not the highest, along with the original 87. He was taking out humans and aliens or xenomorphs, whatever they were called, I know there were different versions, left and right, he was pretty cool.

48894861_735419893511329_1364444499291406336_n.jpg

48923767_735420600177925_1574105728732364800_n.jpg

49209960_735420790177906_1471561129682534400_n.jpg

49491027_735420820177903_8550298774071672832_n.jpg

49242685_735420830177902_1795115941101568000_n.jpg

49175729_735420933511225_2854563383796039680_n.jpg

Nice pics. Yeah, he took out five Xenomorphs by hand (one in each hand at one point) in that sewer scene alone. Aside from that, I really like his design.

Scar took out five I think it was as well using his new plasmacaster in a very short scene also.

I like everything about this figure except the base. Feels like a afterthought and very scene specific. I would have preferred a generic (Star Wars like) bass that officially said “Wolf Predator”.

Yes the sculpt in this base is definitely outdated and in my opinion diminishes the appearance of the figure. I will definitely replace it with either a generic stand or something more fitting to him.

Back