1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there were no "elders" in P2. the only way it was called by creators in comments was "the old guy". elders are in jajuja culture :)

it's just a helmet with nothing "bio" in it. "bio" comes from jajuja fans for zero reason. and predators operate their tech both through buttons or wireless thinking with or without those helmets, as it is established by the whole P2 crowd, switching invisibility on and off. if you already afford "reading brain waves", there may be no need in for an additional mechanical detail, if you find one already biological.
for example, they also don't have any audible language, and their mouths aren't built for compex pronunciation, so they just parrot sounds (parrots can repeat sounds complex enough, lacking lips and properly moving soft tongue - just like predators). how do they do it without helmets "reading brain waves"?
did you notice those tendrils going out from the insides of their skulls, the only reason for which would be a neuron connection to the brain? the ones that some jajuja fans consider to be dredds made from hair?

that's because your ideas have too much jajuja crap in them, making you unable to percept and analyse facts :)

attachment.php

as i've always said, ADI predaturd faces, unable to close mouths, won't fit into helmets beaks, designed for original predators beaks, and those masks prove that.

"Wireless thinking":rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Oh wow, logic really is outside of your grasp :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl You're right a helmet that reads brainwaves is stupid (holds up sarcasm sign) :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Also the bio in "bio helmet" comes from its ability to scan and read bio signs like heat signature and heartbeat and it is not universally called the bio helmet for zero reason :rotfl It's like you don't even realize that predators are a technologically superior race and that's one of the things that makes them cool. If they could just use psychic tendril ability then why ever push a button at all? Why not lift humans up with their mental powers like darth Vader and choke them to death :rotfl Why even wear the helmet if they can use magic tendrils to scan bio signatures and see in other light spectrums :rotfl

You're right a helmet that reads brainwaves is stupid (holds up sarcasm sign) :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
nope, never. it would be a very good idea and technically possible. what i'm saying is:
a) it might be not needed if those tendrils have a function, and they should have a function directly connected to brain functions somehow. you want to use a helmet for reading brain waves - and don't explain how predators operate equipment without helmets, calling it stupid. (i see you call many movie facts stupid, as a true jajuja fan should.)
b) and you don't even raise the question of communication, probably accepting jajuja explanation that growling is communication - which contradicts the fact that original predators make many of those sounds while being alone.
i'm saying that they already have a biological reader/transmitter, which would explain their tech operation and their lack of need for distinct speach. sounds they make become more like emotional responses in this case, which fits the movies.

there is also a Borg predator who truly is a cyborg, judging by artificial tendrils in addition to natural ones.

W6rRjBH.jpg

PtjIbnD.jpg

either he is semi-"numb" by predator standarts and had to use artificial equipment connected to his brain, compensating some disability to operate tech or speak - or he just enhanced his original abilities. anyway, those cyber additions go well with my theory.

another proof of my theory versus yours is that the helmet doesn't cover predator ear holes, but predators can computer modify sounds and listen to modified ones. it's impossible if they weren't getting audio information reworked by filters directly from their onboard computers.
i guess next thing you'll say will be "hahaha predator ears, logic is really outside of your grasp, nobody ever saw predator ears and doesn't know where they are, they might be behind the helmet", and i'll show you where they actually were, and you'll continue your unintelligent jajuja pseudo laugh.
i'm lazy enough to stop feeding you info, those explorations go back almost a decade in my life, and i'm not much interested in proving anything nowadays. obvious difficulties to have a long conversation in a language not native for me decreases my enthusiam as well.

YzNF8fL.jpg

Unless the tendrils connect into the gear itself, it is stupid to think that threads coming out of a brain let it "wirelessly" communicate with technology. That makes no sense at all.

Unless the tendrils connect into the gear itself, it is stupid to think that threads coming out of a brain let it "wirelessly" communicate with technology. That makes no sense at all.

i dunno, wireless info exchange is not a stupid thing in many countries nowadays. people feed audio info into their phones, and it's transmitted wirelessly to another phone, transformed back into audio and fed to a receiver's ear.
people even give computers voice commands today. wireless, fingerless operating the tech, thanks to its programming.
all a predator needs to do what he does in movies is using not sound waves but radio waves or something else we don't hear.
would be truly helpful, seeing how they are almost blind, their atmosphere, as said in P2 DVD comments, is all foggy like on that ship, their ear holes are covered with skin, like tortoises ears, probably against said fog.

P. your movie "facts" are always just your made up opinions about what you interpret from movies.
_facts_ i posted were facts from the movie: helmetless wireless operating the gear, using sounds while alone, having mouths with no lips and no audible language, using reach variety of sounds not for speaking (not normal for an audibly speaking creature), having ears not covered with any tech but still accepting computer modified sounds, having tendrils growing out of skulls, having artificial tendrils connected to skulls.
_theory_ is my opinion made up to explain it while not contradicting other facts from movies.

for example, endoskeleton skull has small holes exactly where a human skull has holes for face nerves - fact.
a terminator can move its face muscles - fact.
he needs nerves for that - fact.
a terminator has a live neuro system in addition to all mechanics - theory.
a terminator is called a cyborg, and the original script said he has a heart, lungs, stomach, and has to eat - fact not from the movie, but used to prove a build up theory.
same here.
all you do is calling movie facts "stupid" from the very beginning:

but I never understood how the p2 elder could activate and aim a laser without the bio helmet. That was always so stupid to me, I mean everything that we have seen and basic knowledge says that the bio helmet has technology that reads the brainwaves of a pred and makes the gear work thru thought alone, but that doesn't work if there is no helmet on :lecture :lol

i argued that with a broad set of examples and offered some explanations, you are closed to any new info, i'm bored.

p.s. it's not unnatural even for earth animals to rely on more than 5 sences - for example, originally migrating animals (birds, cows) can read magnetic lines from Earth's magnetic core, snakes have special deep pointson their heads, responsible for reading thermal changes in air (remember deep dark eye sockets of a predator? i also have a theory of his combined vision based on this, by which he uses not only eyeballs but also surface around them, which allows him to get both visual info and thermal one... which leads to a theory about what his mask lenses actually transmit and what info his brain translates as "vision"), some or all sharks have a special "belt" of electric waves receptors, etc.

a predator hears really bad. constant noise, probably from difference in atmospheric pressure, probably hearing his own heartbeat and having to modify sounds with a computer to clear and enforce them. and they cannot smell the air, because they have no noses, and even if they are able to read smells with their never closing mouths (no lips, remember?), like cats (smell is just a wind of molecules anyway), the mask forbids that, sealing the face. how did P1 "hear" Dutch then, while crawling near him (he stopped in suspicion for a brief moment before continuing movement)? he percepted something with something.
(and back to my words about Wolf who couldn't percept wildly jumping aliens and Predalien in a hospital before they stepped right to him, not trying to keep silent in any way.)

P. You posted a bunch of crap and ended with "I'm bored" so I was like ok, I will leave this alone and not comment any more cuz we are just gonna disagree. Then I check back like an hour later and you have edited your post and added more paragraphs of crap, you can't be that bored then, maybe you are trying to convince yourself of these things or maybe you are just trying to seem superior by saying you are bored when you clearly aren't. Either way it's funny :lol

as i said, you're closed for any new info. you call movies crap, you call people crap and you call ideas crap, because you're know you're defeated. you have nothing to say against my examples of you not knowing the movies events or saying they were "stupid".
sleep on it and come back resurrected, i never had an intention to humiliate you as much as you finally feel.

you can't be that bored then
sorry. i have an access to and memory of a heavy discussion of predators made for several years by several people on another forum, some of them having access to materials not widely known, all of them wishing to defend their theories, thus eventually transforming them to ones that cannot be disapproved, even if for the lack of disapproving evidence. if i wasn't bored, i would just quote everything i remember from those times.

that's because your ideas have too much jajuja crap in them, making you unable to percept and analyse facts :)

You are the one constantly calling people/ideas/creations crap, you always do that. I enjoy having discussions about this stuff and P. you have good ideas but you think the opinions that you have formed are fact and they aren't. You then constantly talk down to and insult anybody else's ideas, that's why I give you a hard time. What we were talking about really doesn't matter and it has never been officially explained anywhere so it's just opinion. I know that in the movies they make it seem like the predators can operate the gear through thought without the helmet on, I just have never liked the idea of that. It basically makes there no need to have the wrist computer control. Where it does make sense to have the wrist computer if they can't operate the gear with the helmet off. I prefer a bio helmet that reads brain waves and operates the functions of the gear, and you prefer a psychic tendril that operates it with no need for the helmet to read brain waves and that's perfectly fine.

as i said, you're closed for any new info. you call movies crap, you call people crap and you call ideas crap, because you're know you're defeated. i never had an intention to humiliate you as much as you finally feel.

This is hilarious, you have such a high opinion of yourself, it always makes me laugh :rotfl

Also got that Wolf Pred DX Bio mask. Bought in 2011. Don't you hate it when the battery can't keep the laser on for more than 5 mins? :lol

Also got that Wolf Pred DX Bio mask. Bought in 2011. Don't you hate it when the battery can't keep the laser on for more than 5 mins? :lol

Honestly I've never had mine go out, but I have never really left it on that long. It's usually only on for a few minutes while people are messing around with it and holding it in their face, you can see through the eyes and aim the laser, so people always want to do that when they check it out. It's definitely one of those things in my collection that I would never sell.

Never selling mine either. The laser doesn't really go out but the light gets weaker/dimmer the longer it's turned on.

Love that mask. One of the most favorite piece in my prop collection. The only downside is it's a bit small for Wolf life-sized bust. But then again, his mouth is overly wide so I think it's OK.

Love that mask. One of the most favorite piece in my prop collection. The only downside is it's a bit small for Wolf life-sized bust. But then again, his mouth is overly wide so I think it's OK.

If you want one to put next to the life size bust, then I would use the sideshow version since it is cast from the the real thing. I have both myself, I display the sideshow version with all the other Avp bio helmets since its in perfect scale with them and has a matching stand, and I have the DX version just laying on top of one of my low display cabinets without its stand. They are both awesome, the sideshow version is slightly larger tho since its 100% authentic prop accurate. The DX is slightly smaller but is far superior in terms of quality and detail, it even feels like a heavy piece of armor, it's a shame that we can't get all the pred helmets made with that amount of detail and love.

I still can't help but feel like I pretty much owned that exact figure when I put the old Wolf onto the original P1 body.

I still can't help but feel like I pretty much owned that exact figure when I put the old Wolf onto the original P1 body.
could it be because that exposed shoulder looks alike, or because the body has thinner legs than all later predators? because i see the same.
but new bodies are waaay superior to the old ones sculpt-wise, so it's definitely just an illusion.

Maybe it's just the head and the long neck. I remember never being quite happy with these things on the old figure (even after I put it onto the P1 body, the superior body at the time) - but to me they just look the same. Not much improvement there.

I was never buying it anyway so I don't know why I'm even posting. A lack of anything else to post about I suppose.

Back