Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes i have all the MGS games 1-4 actually, the HD collection doesn't include MGS1 though so not sure why u posted that comment.
I want to play the original MGS again but not with ps1 graphics.

Sorry man, I actually wasn't being sarcastic. Maybe the emote made my reply look strange...

I'm not sure if I'd want a remake of MGS 1, though. For a classic game like, I'd rather it be left alone, and appreciated for what it is.

Time out! Anybody hungry? Burger, soda. I think I'm missing something.

tumblr_mr3g1fPoun1s8sdnno1_1280.jpg

Sorry man, I actually wasn't being sarcastic. Maybe the emote made my reply look strange...

I'm not sure if I'd want a remake of MGS 1, though. For a classic game like, I'd rather it be left alone, and appreciated for what it is.

Considering Kojima has taken a completely new direction with the series, I don't want one.

Time out! Anybody hungry? Burger, soda. I think I'm missing something.

tumblr_mr3g1fPoun1s8sdnno1_1280.jpg

:lol

Good to see you got the best MGS PAK to date.

Solid was in fact the inferior one. Liquid thought or Big Boss told him, i forget which one that he was the inferior one hence Liquid being all pissed off

He even says it in the game - something like you got all the dominant genes, but infact Solid is the underdog

Its never said where he got the name snake from, I can acknowledge that he was 1 of the 3 snake clones so that would at least
say that he is skilled enough/worthy enough to carry the name if need be. Not really enough is known about george sears though as he was a secret 3rd snake clone. Raiden just no.

But Raiden ended up defeating him, with his awesome suit and all, I don't think Potato is trolling, I disagree with him on some facts but I understand some of the points he's making too.

But Raiden ended up defeating him, with his awesome suit and all, I don't think Potato is trolling, I disagree with him on some facts but I understand some of the points he's making too.

He's extremely ill-informed about the canon in so many ways, man. You should have seen his remark about the "Icarus Plissken" that Raiden killed in MGS 2 :lol. I think he wiki'd his info from Google Translate, and he needs us to abridge it for him.

It was octuplets, and they aborted six.

Solidus is the youngest, and was engineered to age faster to create a quicker Big Boss duplicate sooner I assume.

what was the reason behind the abortion? were they playing around with enhancement on the 6, so they can make it work on the other 2? or did they extract some genes and infuse them into the 2? also doesn't that mean they have to give some sort of designation to the eggs? perhaps David & George were part of the designation for the eggs?

what i see is Solidus is just a pure clone of Big Boss without all the enhancement. probably has nothing to do with Eva as any healthy empty egg would do.

Raiden was trained as a child solider by Solidus, and then was put through the S3 plan in MGS2 to see if they could re-create the ultimate Solider - Solid Snake

Solidus was the 'perfect' clone of Big Boss which means he was supposedly on par potentially with Big Boss, so in theory Raiden as an operative was up there with the best in terms of ability

He proved it in the sense that they were able to morph him into a potential Solid Snake for the Patriots as Solid Snake had broke free from them

I wouldn't say Raiden is as good as Snake but it's undeniable he was skill, i don't think that's debatable. He just wasn't given the codename Snake because of that, it was just fluff to make the player think you were Snake

you don't consider Twin Snake a remake of MGS1? The same way RE1 Remake was a remake of RE1? sure compared to RE1 Twin Snake added alot of new controls but i'm sure if RE1 was made after RE4 it'd have the similar type of controls as RE4 onwards.

the 1st person aim does change the gameplay abit though. but overall i see Twin Snake very similar to MGS1. what i want is a true remake of MG1 & 2. And also the over the top cutscene makes what original to be a realistic science-fiction turned superhuman sci-fi, which Vamp did a great job at continuing the legacy.

Solid was in fact the inferior one. Liquid thought or Big Boss told him, i forget which one that he was the inferior one hence Liquid being all pissed off

He even says it in the game -
something like you got all the dominant genes, but infact Solid is the underdog

so the blank ending at MGS1 was referring to the supposingly deceased Liquid? ok then.

The reason raiden beat solidus was cuz he trained him, with his nano machines not suppressing his memories anymore jack's
skills came back to him. Unfortunately for jack when his memories came back he became haunted by them.

He's extremely ill-informed about the canon in so many ways, man. You should have seen his remark about the "Icarus Plissken" that Raiden killed in MGS 2 :lol. I think he wiki'd his info from Google Translate, and he needs us to abridge it for him.

Haha

I'm all for a good civil MGS debate, I think he raised some good points, especially about Solidus. I don't agree with most of his argument but I don't think he's trolling. Even if he was pulling all of this from wiki that's pretty impressive considering how convoluted the timeline/ storyline is.

He even says it in the game - something like you got all the dominant genes, but infact Solid is the underdog

There really was no explanation as to why Liquid was told false information. I remember that Raymond Benson novel had Paramedic say something like "what if we told the dominant one it was inferior" like would it really affect it's potential. Although the novel isn't exactly canon. Whatever it was, it's to coincide with the main theme of MGS1 to "not be ruled by your genes." Snake is genetically inferior, but it didn't matter.

what was the reason behind the abortion? were they playing around with enhancement on the 6, so they can make it work on the other 2? or did they extract some genes and infuse them into the 2? also doesn't that mean they have to give some sort of designation to the eggs? perhaps David & George were part of the designation for the eggs?

what i see is Solidus is just a pure clone of Big Boss without all the enhancement. probably has nothing to do with Eva as any healthy empty egg would do.

Did you even watch the video? It's to "encourage strong fetal growth."

Raiden was trained as a child solider by Solidus, and then was put through the S3 plan in MGS2 to see if they could re-create the ultimate Solider - Solid Snake

Solidus was the 'perfect' clone of Big Boss which means he was supposedly on par potentially with Big Boss, so in theory Raiden as an operative was up there with the best in terms of ability

He proved it in the sense that they were able to morph him into a potential Solid Snake for the Patriots as Solid Snake had broke free from them

I wouldn't say Raiden is as good as Snake but it's undeniable he was skill, i don't think that's debatable. He just wasn't given the codename Snake because of that, it was just fluff to make the player think you were Snake

but in the end you still don't recognize Raiden at least was once a Snake, Patriot's GW gave him the codename, expected him to do well, and yes he did, except the part where he went ahead to fight the Patriots. He got the codename from the authorities, proved himself on par with Solid, the only reason he wasn't a Snake anymore was simply because the confusion of so many Snakes involved in the mission causing confusion to both the people involved in the plot & to the gamers, that is the reason he was changed from Snake to Raiden.

Snake is a codename given by Zero from Fox & later leader of The Patriots, yet you see it as something like a surname only people with Big Bosses bloodline can be considered as one.

You don't have to get mad bro

It's canon that Solid had the inferior genes, came from Kojima himself

seriously how did i sound mad? i was accepting what you wrote that they were referring to Liquid in the end game conversation. i always though they were referring to Solid.

Correctamundo, Liquid and Solidus were both slaves to there genes and past in a sense, Liquid especially.. it ruled his life

Solidus only cared about breaking free from the Patriots hold, both men fixated on something and those reasons led to there eventual downfall

Which is one of the reason as to why Solid beat Liquid. Solids personality was his biggest asset

There really was no explanation as to why Liquid was told false information. I remember that Raymond Benson novel had Paramedic say something like "what if we told the dominant one it was inferior" like would it really affect it's potential. Whatever it was, it's to coincide with the main theme of MGS1 to "not be ruled by your genes." Snake is genetically inferior, but it didn't matter.

Correctamundo, Liquid and Solidus were both slaves to there genes and past in a sense, Liquid especially.. it ruled his life

Solidus only cared about breaking free from the Patriots hold, both men fixated on something and those reasons led to there eventual downfall

Which is one of the reason as to why Solid beat Liquid. Solids personality was his biggest asset

Solid Snake's will > Liquid, Solidus, Big Boss, Metal Gear itself etc etc.

Back