Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There really was no explanation as to why Liquid was told false information. I remember that Raymond Benson novel had Paramedic say something like "what if we told the dominant one it was inferior" like would it really affect it's potential. Although the novel isn't exactly canon. Whatever it was, it's to coincide with the main theme of MGS1 to "not be ruled by your genes." Snake is genetically inferior, but it didn't matter.

Did you even watch the video? It's to "encourage strong fetal growth."

can you explain in a more scientific manner? something like killing your six potential siblings will cause the remaining 2 to buck up & grow up? like there's some sort of link between those eggs?

anyway i believe there's some sort of name or codes given to the eggs, and i highly suspect David & Confidential was their designation from the start, unless you can come up with some sort of 10 digit codes. or am i hearing Solid & Liquid? :monkey3

No need to be coy man, it was a sarcastic reply about something you thought i was wrong about.

That's how you wanted it to come across otherwise the reply would have been worded much different - I was simply saying Solid is the inferior one, it came from the man himself

seriously how did i sound mad? i was accepting what you wrote that they were referring to Liquid in the end game conversation. i always though they were referring to Solid.

Solid Snake's will > Liquid, Solidus, Big Boss, Metal Gear itself etc etc.

not sure about the Big Boss part, sure he was an enhanced version of Big Boss, but Big Boss still had stronger mind even during his prime days. now what we see a scene between Solid Snake & Big Boss is something like a late 20's enhanced version of Big Boss vs Big Boss in his 50's with all the battle scars etc. Not a fair fight i say. Also i don't know if Big Boss purposely lose to Solid when the fight got tough, something like hey i'm old & tired, lost 1 eye & an arm, i think i'll let this young fella win and hopefully 1 day he will change his mind and succeeding in where i left it as.

can you explain in a more scientific manner? something like killing your six potential siblings will cause the remaining 2 to buck up & grow up? like there's some sort of link between those eggs?

anyway i believe there's some sort of name or codes given to the eggs, and i highly suspect David & Confidential was their designation from the start, unless you can come up with some sort of 10 digit codes. or am i hearing Solid & Liquid? :monkey3

I didn't build the ****ing thing!

FclWeAo.jpg

You're reading way too much into this and trying to find some deeper explanation that isn't there. What Liquid said was true, accept it. It doesn't need further elaboration.

not sure about the Big Boss part, sure he was an enhanced version of Big Boss, but Big Boss still had stronger mind even during his prime days. now what we see a scene between Solid Snake & Big Boss is something like a late 20's enhanced version of Big Boss vs Big Boss in his 50's with all the battle scars etc. Not a fair fight i say. Also i don't know if Big Boss purposely lose to Solid when the fight got tough, something like hey i'm old & tired, lost 1 eye & an arm, i think i'll let this young fella win and hopefully 1 day he will change his mind and succeeding in where i left it as.

UF2ShoK.gif

No need to be coy man, it was a sarcastic reply about something you thought i was wrong about.

That's how you wanted it to come across otherwise the reply would have been worded much different - I was simply saying Solid is the inferior one, it came from the man himself

i don't get the no need to get mad part as being sarcastic. but i get what you mean and it's all good that Solidus got the bad genes. to be honest, were there even a difference between the 2 sets of gene?

But you're taking it out of context on purpose, just to keep this debate going

I think you know that it wasn't a true given codename, and that it was just Kojima trolling the players by thinking they are Solid Snake only then to reveal you're not

but in the end you still don't recognize Raiden at least was once a Snake, Patriot's GW gave him the codename, expected him to do well, and yes he did, except the part where he went ahead to fight the Patriots. He got the codename from the authorities, proved himself on par with Solid, the only reason he wasn't a Snake anymore was simply because the confusion of so many Snakes involved in the mission causing confusion to both the people involved in the plot & to the gamers, that is the reason he was changed from Snake to Raiden.

Snake is a codename given by Zero from Fox & later leader of The Patriots, yet you see it as something like a surname only people with Big Bosses bloodline can be considered as one.

Last edited:
I didn't build the ****ing thing!

FclWeAo.jpg

You're reading way too much into this and trying to find some deeper explanation that isn't there. What Liquid said was true, accept it. It doesn't need further elaboration.

we went into the surrogating part because you guys insist Snake was the true name given to them, i was just questioning whether David & Classified was the initial designation of the eggs since there were more than 2 of them, actually the surrogating part was between you and Collector but i'm glad it was clarified.

But your taking out of context on purpose just to keep this debate going

I think you know that it wasn't a true given codename, and that it was just kojima trolling the players by thinking they are Solid Snake only then to reveal your not

that is from outside the game point of view, but if you look from the storypoint of view, Raiden has every right to continue the Snake legacy which was Patriot's plan. Raiden was what Patriot wants, to be the replacement of all the Snakes, they gave Raiden the codename, but now we should just look at it from outside the game where it's just a plot Kojima tried to confuse the players that Raiden is Snake but actually isn't.

Anyway i get all you Snake team's point. Raiden was never a Snake. All good? Good.

Why are you being so incessant on giving validation to Raiden... that he doesn't even need? It's such a nothing plot point, and I can't believe this topic has gone this long.

But the whole game is about breaking the forth wall

It's the foundation of MGS2 - right from them forcing you to think your Snake by the 1 minute conversation about codes names, only to then actually be Raiden, to forcing you to play as Raiden and only viewing Snake through Raidens eyes

that is from outside the game point of view, but if you look from the storypoint of view, Raiden has every right to continue the Snake legacy which was Patriot's plan. Raiden was what Patriot wants, to be the replacement of all the Snakes, they gave Raiden the codename, but now we should just look at it from outside the game where it's just a plot Kojima tried to confuse the players that Raiden is Snake but actually isn't.

Why are you being so incessant on giving validation to Raiden... that he doesn't even need? It's such a nothing plot point, and I can't believe this topic has gone this long.

i'm not, it's you guys being persistent in invalidating Raiden. but anyway i already agreed that no way Raiden was once a Snake or even considered to be one.

now can we get back on the fact that we all know we want a MGS2 Raiden with rooted hair which is game accurate? i mean sculpted hair for MGS2 Raiden is just not MGS2 Raiden.

But the whole game is about breaking the forth wall

It's the foundation of MGS2 - right from them forcing you to think your Snake by the 1 minute conversation about codes names, only to then actually be Raiden, to forcing you to play as Raiden and only viewing Snake through Raidens eyes

LvFCzIp.gif

End of topic.

i'm not, it's you guys being persistent in invalidating Raiden. but anyway i already agreed that no way Raiden was once a Snake or even considered to be one.

now can we get back on the fact that we all know we want a MGS2 Raiden with rooted hair which is game accurate? i mean sculpted hair for MGS2 Raiden is just not MGS2 Raiden.

If it's done right, rooted hair really takes a figure to the next level in terms of realism, hopefully HT starts picking it up and gives us more MGS figures.

Anyway i get all you Snake team's point. Raiden was never a Snake. All good? Good.

There's no "Snake team" vs. Raiden :lol. The only other alias that Raiden is renowned for is "Jack" (or sometimes, Jack the Ripper).

I would say that Raiden is a worthy successor to Solid Snake. But, as it was explained before, he's not one of Big Boss' sons, and he doesn't share Big Boss' DNA. Hence, he isn't a "Snake". You didn't have to derail the thread for so long...

If it's done right, rooted hair really takes a figure to the next level in terms of realism, hopefully HT starts picking it up and gives us more MGS figures.

I think if Raiden gets a rooted-hair treatment, he'd look like a muscular barbie doll (he's already pretty androgynous). Imagine how rooted hair would look on a Hot Toys Thor figure :yuck. I think it's more appropriate with female figures.

Yeah rooted here is a big no for me. This theoretical figure doesn't need anything more against it. If it does get made i hope it doesnt get that awful awful Play Arts swooshy hair. In-game style is the way to go!

On the code names you guys mentioned. In my head Snake was the number 2 code after Fox. At least before MGS3 was releast, you think thts what they were going for at the time?

Unfortunately HT only do very rough synthetics, which is absolutely the worst thing to use in such cases.

Yeah rooted here is a big no for me. This theoretical figure doesn't need anything more against it. If it does get made i hope it doesnt get that awful awful Play Arts swooshy hair. In-game style is the way to go!

On the code names you guys mentioned. In my head Snake was the number 2 code after Fox. At least before MGS3 was releast, you think thts what they were going for at the time?

It can't be :lol. Snake was practically a rookie in Foxhound, but Frank Jaeger was Big Boss' right-hand man. He was way above Snake in rank.

Back