Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shopped with them for I say maybe 4 or 5 years and I said sometimes how much I spent and they most or lease said they don't give a F. They gave me a problem with almost every order I got damage but the ones that comes with 0 problems they don't think of them. I got 2 jean greys one EX and one Reg both fine. Also got as emma frost PF fine no problems not I got these 2 Raidens both same problem and they said that's it. The last order I had a problem with other then these 2 was my LOBO PF and they were sending me part after part and they were all the wrong part even when I sent pictures of the broken part and then they got mad at me for there mistake. As of now I what my money back and it's **** for sideshow as a company to say we are not talking to a buyer about his money.

Now you can see why I only like to call in because I spell like **** LoL.

But the thing is also I know sideshow got mad at me aswell because at one time Will told me to look over the companys rules and I didn't and I saw that they can mail out the return labels to me other then me printing then out what sucks do to I don't have a printer and they got mad at me about that when I said it's in your rules that you can do that for me. Overall If I got a broken piece like these 2 Raidens I would write or call sideshow to make it right and if they can't I would send it back for a refund. Sideshow did say in the email that they sent me nicely like what everyone may think that the reasons they they are closing my account and they said I was taking up to much of there time sending things back. More or less. Now I am not a person like others I saw that gets a piece in and then look side by side of the prototype or the SDCC ver because I know mine isn't going to be that one. But if my figure or statue comes broken it needs to be fixed and I also know that someones I got statues with paint runs on them like really bad and I also had a green lantern PF that had a figure print on the paint. I do know this hole bad blood with me and sideshow started when I ordered in a Rogue PF it was the 2nd run ver and her boot came to me broken off and her base was scared up and I called them and told them and they what'ed to send me out a new body and not a base and they can't even give me credit for the bad base to. So when I told the guy it's fine I these what to send it back for a full refund he said to me why not these take the new body if you don't what it you can these sell it on ebay and make some money off it and I said no I don't care for doing stuff like that because it's to much of my time and after that broken statue after broken statue.

Hey guys,

i just recieved this figure and he is awesome :D

i would like to share some pics with u all.

My first 1/6 figure was the Medicom MGS Raiden, still love it.

now to my 2 negative thing i had with him.

Chest armour piece fell right out of the box, but nothing super glue couldnt repair

and the second issue was the base, it is loose too

and the arms are fine to this point, i think i stick with a normal museum pose were he is holding his gun. :) i wish they had give us the pers system for his eye :)

nice pictures man, i was gonna post some of both raidens and you beat me to it, although mine wouldnt be as clear as yours. glad to hear the elbows are fine on yours, im currently working on a couple of arms for people so if you have an issue let me know. sucks about your 2 defects but id rather those than the elbows anyday.

guys!!! one thing i just discovered is there is a swvel ratchet in his elbow. where his lower arm meets his upper in the same joint that breaks it actually ratchets left and right. when i took apart ayoldguys1's left arm i was like "wtf! its twisted oddly.....", when i went to move it it ratcheted back! i tried the few arms i got to fix and they do the same. mysuggestion, especially for those who i fix theirs, is hold the elbow firmly to twist it as well as the upper arm. DO NOT twist it by the forearm itself. i can only open up these arms one time after i glue them so do not rebreak it swiveling the elbow please. thanks!

guys!!! one thing i just discovered is there is a swvel ratchet in his elbow. where his lower arm meets his upper in the same joint that breaks it actually ratchets left and right. when i took apart ayoldguys1's left arm i was like "wtf! its twisted oddly.....", when i went to move it it ratcheted back! i tried the few arms i got to fix and they do the same. mysuggestion, especially for those who i fix theirs, is hold the elbow firmly to twist it as well as the upper arm. DO NOT twist it by the forearm itself. i can only open up these arms one time after i glue them so do not rebreak it swiveling the elbow please. thanks!

It mentions that swivel in the instructions ya goof :lol

But a good tip regardless

So my local seller decided to give me a brand new raiden figure. I saw many on this board has problem in the left elbow.
I'm from indonesia and I'm few of those who get this figure early. I'll search info how many collectors in my country will suffer from this defect

Bagus untuk kamu.

Um...my red muramasa sword got stuck in the sheath it goes in for some reason and I had to almost rip it out. It wasnt all the way jammed into the sheath either. I had more than enough room to use my index finger and thumb to pull and yank it out instead of pulling it out by the sheath. I had it facing the right way going in so I'm sure that was not the reason. So be careful if you've had it in the sheath for a while like me. Not sure it was because it was warm one day in the house and had to turn the AC on or what.

The red does pop but i'm still good with my first version, still bad QC with the chest plate coming apart and the shoulder armor breaking off:slap

I wonder how long the elbows will hold up on this version:panic:

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Ash-Face.jpg

Last edited:
Back