Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

That's how they get your money. Honestly, I would just buy the un-armored Boba and wait for the repaint. Now they got an extra $300CAD out of me.

Same. Ordinarily I'd just wait for clean Fett (ESB Fett fulfills the "weathered Fett" look just fine for me, and I want any additional Fett figures to stand out as much as possible.), but I don't know if the inevitable repainted Fett will include a) the headsculpt or b) all the neat accessories this one comes with, like the twirling gun hand, hologram projections, knee rockets, et cetera. Right now what I'm leaning towards is buying the deluxe, and selling off at least one of the figures, while keeping the accessories I mentioned.

Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

$490 at sideshow

The two pack is the better deal, but thats a lot of dough for a one episode appearance (or 1.1)

The two pack is the better deal, but thats a lot of dough for a one episode appearance (or 1.1)

huge markup by SSC on this one

not to mention the one sculpt problem

lots of nice pics of armored fett with the head sculpt but you have to have a headless nomad boba to achieve it..

How does that work with a gift card?

Basically u are prepaying. You buy a gift card at whatever amount you want; send to yourself, then make the PO.

So, like, if I buy myself a 100$ gift card, use it for Boba, then the deposit gets paid, and whatever is left on the git card is put against the PO payments. That way each PO payment will be lower.

BUT - Sideshow doesn't let you use a single gift card on two different orders. Then you would have to buy a gift card, make an order, buy another gift card, make an order. If you buy 2 gift cards, they throw them into a single gift card (unless you have them mailed by post, which is slow). I use e-mail.

You are not saving money; but, it helps when that PO comes due. 30$ a month is a lot less than 60$, and so on.

I guess another way would be to buy a gift card and keep buying more, by e-mail, since Sideshow bundles the amounts. Sort of like banking with Sideshow and getting no interest. But then you would have a big gift card waiting.:cool:

They pretty much nailed it with the deluxe set. I guess we should have expected they'd go all out for Boba... I wonder if it's too much to expect the clean armor version to come with a sculpt with an aggressive expression? That would be absolute perfection to me.

All this makes me wonder how much, if at all, they'll change his look for his series.

Does anyone know if Alter Ego Comics charges you full amount upfront when using your debit card?

Yes they will indeed run your card for the full amount to see if you have funds available but then will reverse the charge a few days later.

huge markup by SSC on this one

not to mention the one sculpt problem

lots of nice pics of armored fett with the head sculpt but you have to have a headless nomad boba to achieve it..

Yeah I hadn't thought of that. Any time you want to display the sculpt on the armored Fett you'd have to put the other figure away in the closet. Lol

I?m thinking they are saving the polished armor version for the Mandalorian S3 House of Fett debut

Up at bbts for $505.

I?m thinking they are saving the polished armor version for the Mandalorian S3 House of Fett debut

Anybody who thinks there won't be any changes to his costume for his own show hasn't been paying attention to Star Wars costume designs:lol

I don't think they're saving anything on purpose. Just releasing them in proper progression.

Yeah I hadn't thought of that. Any time you want to display the sculpt on the armored Fett you'd have to put the other figure away in the closet. Lol

Or put the mangled Stormtrooper helmet on the robed body, lol.

Ah ok thanks for the heads up.

No problem. :duff

Got my order in. I knew it would crack $500 there at BBTS and we'll probably be last in line, but that's okay. The set looks great.

Of course it's kinda funny that we'll have seen the entire run of the Book of Boba Fett (with all of the new version of him in it) before this is even released, but that's ok too....

Got my order in. I knew it would crack $500 there at BBTS and we'll probably be last in line, but that's okay. The set looks great.

Of course it's kinda funny that we'll have seen the entire run of the Book of Boba Fett (with all of the new version of him in it) before this is even released, but that's ok too....

If you've collected Marvel figures, you're used to it. Nothing like getting Hyped off a Cap or Iron Man figure and settling for their costume from a movie or two prior instead:lol

Back