Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the saying? I thought it was once you become a fat bald smiling idiot you never go back to being the most mysterious and feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

He wasn't that overweight in TBOBF. But he was a smiling idiot. Not his fault, he was just written that way.

To be polite, you could say he was 'heavyset' in the belly region. :monkey3

vlcsnap-2022-02-12-18h30m52s449.jpg

He wasn't that overweight in TBOBF. But he was a smiling idiot. Not his fault, he was just written that way.

To be polite, you could say he was 'heavyset' in the belly region. :monkey3

View attachment 562142

I'm pretty annoyed that Morrison was cast as Fett, he was a poor choice from the jump so I don't really feel compelled to mince words. The dude is too fat to play Boba Fett, watching him try to run was embarrassing. And I got really tired of seeing him without the helmet on. I wish I had something more positive to say about Morrison's work on the show, but the truth is I don't. Morrison's acting along with the terrible writing and direction were a horrible combination that completely destroyed a character fans waited decades to see given his due.

FGkHQ8UWQAIXdZ9.jpeg

img_3037-1.gif

Last edited:
Your opinion about the actor isn't germane here. This forum is to talk about the figure, so maybe refuse to mince your words in the TV show forum where it belongs.
I think what he is trying to say is , it's hard to enjoy the figure after the way the character was written in the show. Temura Morrison even said he was concerned with how the character was written. I am a life long Fett fan and found some things enjoyable about the actual episodes Boba appeared in but as a whole was let down. It's sad when the best two episodes in the series have nothing to do with the main character.

With that being said I am looking forward to this release , both figure look awesome and at least they are based on his appearance from Mando season two when he kicked booty.

I think what he is trying to say is , it's hard to enjoy the figure after the way the character was written in the show. Temura Morrison even said he was concerned with how the character was written. I am a life long Fett fan and found some things enjoyable about the actual episodes Boba appeared in but as a whole was let down. It's sad when the best two episodes in the series have nothing to do with the main character.

With that being said I am looking forward to this release , both figure look awesome and at least they are based on his appearance from Mando season two when he kicked booty.
Except that this figure is from The Mandalorian, so it has nothing to do with BOBF. So whether you liked BOBF or not, the writing of the show has no bearing on this figure set at all.

Except that this figure is from The Mandalorian, so it has nothing to do with BOBF. So whether you liked BOBF or not, the writing of the show has no bearing on this figure set at all.
The armored one is , the nomad Fett you can make a case for both shows . The point I am trying to make is the show made the character as a whole look week to alot of people so some may now not want to order it . Disney is almost out of chances and are bleeding fans. I have been a life long Fett Fan and felt let down by the show . I am fully aware that this figure is from his appearance based one the Mandalorian which is why I ordered it on day 1 and am keeping it.

Last edited:
The armored one is , the nomad Fett you can make a case for both shows . The point I am trying to make is the show made the character as a whole look week to alot of people so some may now not want to order it . Disney is almost out of chances and are bleeding fans. I have been a life long Fett Fan and felt let down by the show . I am fully aware that this figure is from his appearance based one the Mandalorian which is why I ordered it on day 1 and am keeping it.
Fair enough, but I still don't see what your opinion about the show has to do with the figure. I often buy figures that I think are well-executed from movies I don't particularly enjoy. The new Hellboy springs to mind - good figure, bad movie (in my opinion). Hell, I'm buying the Golden Armor from WW84, and that movie was terrible. But I'm not going into those threads and venting my frustrations about the movies.

Fair enough, but I still don't see what your opinion about the show has to do with the figure. I often buy figures that I think are well-executed from movies I don't particularly enjoy. The new Hellboy springs to mind - good figure, bad movie (in my opinion). Hell, I'm buying the Golden Armor from WW84, and that movie was terrible. But I'm not going into those threads and venting my frustrations about the movies.
I think the figure looks great! I think at least with Star Wars people have had there hopes dashed for a long time now since Disney took over , heck some even with the prequels . People are tired of investing there time and money into something that doesn't deliver . I agree with you about Hellboy and Wonder Woman , awesome figures and crap movies . I still want to get the Hellboy from the Golden Army. I saw a cool looking third party Karl Kronen on the 1:6 Kit website.

I have the amazing ability to completely dissociate figures I like from their parent media, imo its a strength of mine and opinions are going to differ. Im especially not going to punish an actor for the sins of the production team..... On a whole nother show.

With that said, SSC where is my about-to-ship notice....

I have the amazing ability to completely dissociate figures I like from their parent media, imo its a strength of mine and opinions are going to differ. Im especially not going to punish an actor for the sins of the production team..... On a whole nother show.

With that said, SSC where is my about-to-ship notice....
Yes where is my damn figure SS! Also I also think the criticism of Temura Morrison is unfair, he even spoke out against some of the choices made for the show.

I’ve always been an ROTJ/SE guy since I’ve always thought it was the best of both worlds but I’d be lying if I said the current look isn’t my favorite out of them all. Helmet design leaves a little of be desired but 99.9% of it is perfect to me:dunno
Yeah, I always liked the ROTJ vibrant colors but that ESB helmet is just perfection with the dent area and the cat scratch. I am ok with his BoBF look although the lack of a cod piece and the reddish boots make it a bit of a miss for me. Not counting SEs, my order of looks would be ESB, ROTJ, Mando S2 Clean, Mando S2 Post Sarlacc, BOBF. I'm only counting screen appearances because if we starting talking Supertrooper, Holiday Special, Pre-pro 1-3 then I'm going to have to take a weekend to rank my list...

ps. Where is my darned two pack, SS!?!?!

Having taken more pics of this guy, I really do find myself disliking the MC Hammer pants more and more than I already did before.

Had these been more fitted pants like my first pic kinda shows, this might’ve been my favorite Fett look out of all his variants. It just looks more visually appealing when you see his knee armor and the gaiters clearer. But this look is done and in the books so no need to harp on it. Just my 2 cents after handling this figure for awhile.

View attachment 562114

Hammer pants ftw, it sets this kit apart from his other armors and we have plenty of those that show his knee armor plainly. I like the new pants too, with the motocross knee stitching, but Hammer pants are definitely a look I like. Theres something very Cossack about them.

Still have this on pre-order but not sure what to do now. I don't feel I need four Morrison Fett figures. 🤔

Definitely getting the 1/4 scale. Fennec is a no brainer so I need a 1/6 scale Fett to go with her. The throne version probably makes more sense than this two pack. Sure will be hard to pass on though.

Attachments

• F9D547EE-2841-4B7D-8FF1-F695C9BACBF3.jpeg
    F9D547EE-2841-4B7D-8FF1-F695C9BACBF3.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 61
  • F868CE08-B43D-43CA-BEB0-55436E1539A6.jpeg
    F868CE08-B43D-43CA-BEB0-55436E1539A6.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 9A9ECEC5-2025-4434-848E-6BB006422CB9.jpeg
    9A9ECEC5-2025-4434-848E-6BB006422CB9.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 62
Yeah, I always liked the ROTJ vibrant colors but that ESB helmet is just perfection with the dent area and the cat scratch. I am ok with his BoBF look although the lack of a cod piece and the reddish boots make it a bit of a miss for me. Not counting SEs, my order of looks would be ESB, ROTJ, Mando S2 Clean, Mando S2 Post Sarlacc, BOBF. I'm only counting screen appearances because if we starting talking Supertrooper, Holiday Special, Pre-pro 1-3 then I'm going to have to take a weekend to rank my list...

ps. Where is my darned two pack, SS!?!?!
Mando Season 2 Re-Armored look was awesome wasn't it.

1608462928-1_1.jpg

Back