Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am itching for this set. I'm getting ready to build a life size based on this look (armored, not nomad) and honestly think having this for reference to supplement the photo stills available will be important. They really knocked this set out of the park!

Just some mods i did to my nomad fett. Took the fat belly pad out and trimmed the outer robes. Then I applied fray check to the freshly cut fabric because this Fabric can easily fray after cutting.

Attachments

• 46B6C8BA-3268-45D0-9F54-78E03A283AFC.jpeg
    46B6C8BA-3268-45D0-9F54-78E03A283AFC.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 47D79E58-5254-4B08-9E25-1AF5D55BA848.jpeg
    47D79E58-5254-4B08-9E25-1AF5D55BA848.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 1EE6008A-9AE1-46AF-9383-C34ACEDDDA63.jpeg
    1EE6008A-9AE1-46AF-9383-C34ACEDDDA63.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DB1A632A-996D-4897-9D53-73E38AA24D54.jpeg
    DB1A632A-996D-4897-9D53-73E38AA24D54.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 136
Feelings on the recent show aside, this may be my most favorite Fett figure so far. Quality just feels so much better than all the other ones. Maybe because there’s less parts to worry about and the magnetic Jetpack is just so much easier to deal with?:dunno

View attachment 561913
Excellent pose. Looks like a statue ! That's what I love about these figures so much. Pose one day, change it up later on.

It's somehow very bittersweet to look at him now. But OK, some selective amnesia may fix that.

The beauty of Boba Fett is whatever he’s been seeing doing on screen pales in comparison to what he’s done in our imagination. ESB Boba was clever and got Vader what he wanted. RotJ Boba got pushed into a hole by a blinded guy. Nothing the BoBF did to him was any worse than that IMO. He’s certainly different, no argument there, but I do believe that was the point the show was trying to get across. It doesn’t discount the hardcore bounty hunting days. He can still fight when he needed to as he demonstrated on Tython like these figures depict. And the best thing about toys as long as they have a cool look to them, which these do, you can make your own take on the story. Nobody locks you into screen accuracy. They could be fighting off Han and Chewie or Iron Man and Spider-Man. Sure a love for the source material is what usually drives us to buy the figures we do but I think most of us have bought a figure from something we didn’t particularly care for but the figure was just done too well to pass up. For me, Boba is a character that will always trigger that childhood imagination of making up various backstories for him that never were canonized but they didn’t need to be.

The beauty of Boba Fett is whatever he’s been seeing doing on screen pales in comparison to what he’s done in our imagination. ESB Boba was clever and got Vader what he wanted. RotJ Boba got pushed into a hole by a blinded guy. Nothing the BoBF did to him was any worse than that IMO. He’s certainly different, no argument there, but I do believe that was the point the show was trying to get across. It doesn’t discount the hardcore bounty hunting days. He can still fight when he needed to as he demonstrated on Tython like these figures depict. And the best thing about toys as long as they have a cool look to them, which these do, you can make your own take on the story. Nobody locks you into screen accuracy. They could be fighting off Han and Chewie or Iron Man and Spider-Man. Sure a love for the source material is what usually drives us to buy the figures we do but I think most of us have bought a figure from something we didn’t particularly care for but the figure was just done too well to pass up. For me, Boba is a character that will always trigger that childhood imagination of making up various backstories for him that never were canonized but they didn’t need to be.
Right, the movies and shows are merely a suggestion as to what happened to our action figures :lol

Having taken more pics of this guy, I really do find myself disliking the MC Hammer pants more and more than I already did before.

Had these been more fitted pants like my first pic kinda shows, this might’ve been my favorite Fett look out of all his variants. It just looks more visually appealing when you see his knee armor and the gaiters clearer. But this look is done and in the books so no need to harp on it. Just my 2 cents after handling this figure for awhile.

8FA354A3-BDEF-4C8C-8FAD-260BE8A14CB6.jpeg

Having taken more pics of this guy, I really do find myself disliking the MC Hammer pants more and more than I already did before.

Had these been more fitted pants like my first pic kinda shows, this might’ve been my favorite Fett look out of all his variants. It just looks more visually appealing when you see his knee armor and the gaiters clearer. But this look is done and in the books so no need to harp on it. Just my 2 cents after handling this figure for awhile.

View attachment 562114

Tough to live up to the classic look of Fett. ESB Boba is THE coolest looking character in the history of the entertainment industry, that is all.

Back